FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2007 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313>
Author
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 5:28pm
Oh poor Lucas, are his poos hard or soft? Being the age he is I would think if it was anything major (like anything congenital) it would of been picked up long before now.

Ruby is really enjoying preschool, I dropped her off this morning and the teachers were laughing cos she said "Okay see you later Mum" shooing me off! haha! Might increase her hours after christmas.
Sponsored Links

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:33pm
his poos are soften and formed so I dont think he is constipated as once it starts coming out it really starts coming out.

going back in 2 weeks for a follow up.

when I took his his nappy for the Paed to have a look at his bottom their was blood on the top of his foreskin ..Paed suggested using something like sudocreme. hopefully it heals up soon.

got a call from kindy today said they arent taking in any more children this year but wil be in touch with me in dec to figure out when she will start next year :)

and yay for Ruby enjoying preschool...I have to ask Megan for a hug and kiss now shen I drop her off at daycare.

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 10:21am
Oh dear, we haven't even had a post in here since Nov I can't talk - haven't been in for a month!

Hope everyone is well?

How is Lucas now Jas, how did the follow up go? Congrats on 6yr anniversary

We are having Carys tested for bum troubles too She doesn't ever do formed poo and she has a sore bum everyday from all the runny, acidic poop all in her nappy all night. She's also had 2 UTIs in the past couple of months so they really want to get onto it now to prevent continued infection. They are going to test for Coeliacs and wheat intolerance to begin with.

Great to hear all the big kids are enjoying preschool. Carys has moved up into the kindy centre at daycare and is learning lots of bad habits from the bigger kids There are definite clicks amongst all the girls, its scary to see that at only 3 and 4yrs old!

We are busy preparing the house for xmas as we will have 15 people here for lunch and a couple staying for a few nights. Hard slog - there's A LOT to be done. We are only going to scratch at the surface really, but at least we will have the lounge/dining/kitchen finished and beautiful :) We resprayed out wood burner last week and ruined the carpet in the lounge :( We didn't get any direct spray on it but the spray mist settled on the carpet later and has left discoloration where items had been on top of the carpet - it looks hilarious (especially where you can make out exact items like shoes etc) .. sooooo not good! So insurance will be puting new carpet in for us in January - guttered that we didn't have matching carpet cover now, lucky all the carpet in the house is pretty new and none of it actually meets so it won't be obvious. Lucky that since the carpet was discontinued some time ago and we will have to have a totally different carpet in the lounge to the bedrooms

Nicky says hi to everyone. Caught up with her not long ago, she is doing well but is really busy with kids, pregnancy and business
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 12:22pm
still not sure what is up wikth Lucas going to a follow up appointment just waiting for a letter from the hospital.

Megan starts kindy in February and has her last day of daycare thursday week and must remember to pick her up early that day. hopefully I dont pull my hair out for the 6 or so weeks that she is at home lol.

Seb starts a new job January 17th base pay is slightly higher although not as much overtimes but they do pay well when they do do overtime. he was goign to take leave in Feb next year but that wont be happening now..bonus is he will get 6 weeks leave when he finishes...although it is likely we will need that too see us through till hist first pay with new job which wont be till Feb 15th.

hope you are all keeping well...feeling kind of bleh today

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 1:37pm
Congrats to Seb on the new job NM! Good for him.

I wish my DP would get a new job - it still looks like he will be made redundant in the new year -it is ridiculous how long it has been dragging on. It would be great if he actually did get redundancy pay out, but then he would still need a new job (or I could instead!).

Good to hear Nicky is going well thanks Ev. Thank goodness for insurance! I thought I might be on the phone to the insurance about our carpet this morning when I discovered N with a red stamp in hand (and mouth), covered in ink, and she had crawled it the entire length of the house.... most of it seems to have come out thankfully.

Miss C will soon pass those bad habits onto Master S Ev! N already snatches things and says Nooooooo when anyone comes near anything she wants.....

I think I'm all ready for Christmas! How is everyone else doing?
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 2:34pm
Our insurance company (AMI) was awesome Deb - they said that they do a professional carpet clean for any stained carpets and if it all comes clean then they don't charge any excess! I was very surprised. Unfortunately, this was an enamel spray paint and the cleaning professionals said they won't even have a go at it so we have to re-lay and we only recently put our excess up too to save on premiums :(
Ev, Mum to:
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 2:41pm
That's great news about your DH's new job Jas - hope the change works well for you all.

DH was offered a job with a competitor business 2mths ago. Was told by the owner that he would be contacted when they had a job description prepared but they haven't come back to us - slack! Has really got DH's bosses worried that they are going to lose him though so they are prepared to throw some more money his way - hope he hears from someone soon so he can get a pay rise either way

Will be interested to hear how you get on with Lucas' followup.

Spence is already picking up on the tanties habits Deb He's been throwing a few hissies lately when he's had something taken from him, so ... here we go!!

Christmas is pretty much sorted here. Just gotta get something little for mum and dad and that's me all done - woohoo! Putting the tree up tomorrow and then it will finally feel like Christmas :)
Ev, Mum to:
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:04pm
DH has changed jobs, there are a few clashes with my shifts for this month but oh well (kids have been dropped off at Grandma's today by daddy and I'll pick them up on Thurs) .... house is too quiet without them, we miss them already!

Ruby is loving preschool, she tells us to bog off basically as soon as she gets there! AJ is now clapping his hands and waving and can say a few new words in the past few days like "ta" "good boy" "car" and "yeah" hehe He is commandoing all over the house still, trying to pull himself up on furniture.
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 7:24pm
Yey for Grandma Porce! Great that R is enjoying preschool - it's great for them I think. Clever AJ - like most boys, one of his first words is car!

Phew another tantying baby Ev! Perhaps the early tanties thing is a 2nd baby thing and not just Miss N's personality!
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:22pm
She has some kinda spewy bug, spewed at grandmas and tonight she power chucked big time twice on carpet before we could get her in kitchen on tiles and twice on the tiles. Tried out the new Vax though, shampooed the carpet and since I was shampooing up spew I did all the carpet (in lounge, dining, hall and bits we walk on lots in AJ's room) and the couches. I am SO glad we bought it, we rug doctored when we moved in, AJ was getting black feet and knees crawling around despite vacuuming and ewwwww the clear washing powerhead was caked in mud on the inside after shampooing and the water looked like milo!!! Amazing what crap is in your carpet

Just sold change table on TM, $50 buy now but nope people decided $1 no reserve .... it sold for $143 ... idiots hahah but good for us!!! Also have sold off clothes, play gym, walker and now the jolly jumper too.
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:11am
Wow, sounds like its final then Porce

We've had that darned spewy bug too, but ours was more from the other end Did the rest of your household get it?

Hope everyone had a wicked Christmas. Ours was marred with sickness, but we all survived it

I reckon the attitude must be a second baby with an older sister Deb - I've heard Spencer's winging and grizzling from someone before

Went to the Doc for Carys' followup about her no2s issues and she has now been diagnosed with Toddler Diarrhea .. yes, apparently that is an actual illness!! There is no guarantee of how long she will be like it (its been 3yrs .. what's another 3? ) but its not likely that she has any allergy or intolerance to anything causing the issue. If it doesn't clear up by 6!!!!! she will have further testing Have been told not to expect her out of night nappies for years yet

Night everyone, enjoy the last of your year - wishing you a safe holiday season
Ev, Mum to:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:23pm
eeps Ev not good :( so there is nothign that can be done about it ?

we had a pretty quiet xmas just us 4 at home,we had pikelets for our xmas lunch :)

the last few nights we havent gotten Megan up to go to the toilet and she has woken up with a dry bed :)

Lucas still isnt sleeping through still waking at least twice night have to start getting tough with him lol

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 5:46pm
I didn't go to work at all last week, I had the bug after the kids had it Luckily didn't spew (Ruby did and luckily AJ did just once) but we all had the other end. Nasty!!!

Went to Dress Smart today, my feet are killing me in my sneakers at work, they have lost all spring in them .... got a pair of New Balance $220 for $80 And DH paid for them too hehe!!! And $100 of clothes for $27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 12:32am
yay for new shoes....when I did cleanign at skycity I bought a pair of shoes which cost me $220 but far out they sure mad ea difference with me being on my feet for 8 hours a day.

hey just curious as to what size your older children are in..I am going to have to start buying Megan size 4...I bought her a size 5 denim jacket I was going to get a 4 but it looked like it woudl only fit her a couple of months and she is pretty average height about 97cms.

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 3:00pm
Ruby is a size 4 in some stuff 5 in others. She's over a metre tall now (not surprising with daddy being 6 foot). I think it depends on the brands, some 4s seem too small yet others are right so go figure.
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:03am
Happy New Year ladies :)

Yep, that bug sucked for sure Porce!! Sounds like Nicky and family have just had it too - not good for a preggy mumma!

Nothing can be done about it Jas - just gotta wait for her digestive system to mature. Could be by school, but no guarantees :(

Pikelets for chrissy lunch sounds FAB!!! Yum, yum! Yay for Megan's dry bed (very jealous ;p)

Love NB Porce - great buy

Carys sounds the same size as Megan Jas and she is in 3s and 4s. What weight is Megan now? Carys is about 15kg - she has turned into my skinny wee bean

Master Spencer is ploughing ahead - in sizes 9mths and 1yr depending on the brand ... crazy, since he doesn't even look all that massive Maybe we got some strange, small batches of clothing

Have a fab 2011 everyone - I hope it is an exciting and busy year for you all xxx
Ev, Mum to:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:22am
Megan is about 16kgs
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 6:32pm
Well Ruby is just a fatso lol she was 19kg but lost a kilo or two with that tummy bug. So did AJ She is making up for it now, all she does is ask for food!!!

Quiet here, she's at Grandma and Grandad's house for a little holiday. Amazingly though I called and she had a conversation with me on the phone telling me about the supermarket and riding on the skateboard they have
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:21pm
Happy New Year girls We got back last night from holiday - had been away since Christmas Eve, had a fab time, first Christmas with family, then further north to stay with friends, and then went camping with them on a farm. Was awesome. Kids pretty exhausted while away, but seem fine today. Good times!

Sorry to hear there were so many bugs for you all over the holiday season! N spewed a few times on Xmas eve, but was fine the next day. She cut 2 molars while away...bad timing!

A and N were weighed at plunket on the 20th Dec - A is 101cm and 18kgs - I buy her size 5 and 6 clothes. She still has some size 2 stuff that fits from last summer as well, so she wears a huge range. N is 9.8kgs and 78cms - she is 1kg lighter and 3cms shorter than A at the same age.

That sucks about C's poos Ev! Poor her.
razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:35pm
Hi!!!
sorry i ve been soooooo slack hahah
hope evryone had an awesome christmas and new years!
we had a great time but im glad its over :)
had my daughters birthdya a few days ago and my sons next week then it will all be over :)
enjoying the holidays, but willow is starting to bug me about going back to kindy

just reading the weights of yours, willow so small, she only 14 kg, eeek shes tiny wee thing
must be all that talking she does that burns off all the calories hahahha

hope you guys are all well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313>