FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2007 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 313>
Author
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 1:48pm
Porce Sophie is the same, awake from about 5pm right through till about 10pm, and feeds heaps in that time. She then usually goes to sleep for about 5 hrs, but last night was only sleeping 3 hrs at a time through the night. She sleeps well through the day until 5pm. I still seem to get quite a lot of time to do things around the house. Although Alex takes up a lot of the time Sophie i asleep. He is teething at the moment, and so very grumpy today (just what I need right now!!) Don't feel selfish for wanting me time. We all need time to our selves!! It's good to have a break from baby once in awhile. Otherwise you feel as though you're consummed in babyness!!

Oh YAY ....   Anyssa dimple photo!! he he I love it!!

Congratulations MeganGrace!! Very cute pics!!
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Sponsored Links

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 3:51pm
I am utterly amazed, she had a poo that woke her up after 2 hours, fed and then went back to bed at 3! Amazing! I can actually do stuff today, hooray!

Cute photos DJ and MeganGrace!

We got a parcel in the mail today from DH's sister, a soft toy dog and 4 stretch n grows, one of them is a xmas one and I thought how cute, then thought it looked big, it's a 3-6mth one and she'll be 1 month at xmas! Someone can't do their maths They have short sleeves though which should be fine for when she is 3 months.
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:38am

I love that most days there is a parcel in the mail! Yesterday we got some maybe size 1 onsies from England. Very cute.

I've had the sh*test night ever Anyssa woke up hourly from midnight and wouldn't settle. Nights had been going really well for the past week or so. It might have been a sore tummy because she was pretty spewy and burby when picked up after being in bed. She is asleep in the sling on me now. She had better get some sleep today or we'll both be beside ourselves!

I guess I'll go and wash the entire bucket full of naps we have been thru since 5pm...
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:16am
Thats so nice you guys are getting parcells in the mail. Just like I noticed much less interest and excitment in this pregnancy, we have also noticed a lot less interest in Sophie now. It makes me sad for her . We have had half the visitors, cards etc compared to when Alex was born. And I think everyone figures we already have everything we need because they haven't bothered buying for her either. (well a few friends have bought pink stuff) Even MIL hasn't bought her anything - which I though was a little rude. I actually need to go and buy her clothes now, because I have no pink clothes for her. I haven't been given any size 000 stuff, so I only have boys stuff, which would be fine, but seeing as it will be warm she needs a few cute pink singlets and tops I thik!!

Anyway enough moaning from me......

My MW has just been and it looks as though my antibiotics are working. YAY!! So no need to go to hospital, and hopefully the infection wil settle down in the next couple of days. I still have not decided on weather to continue feeding.

I hope Anyssa sleeps lots for you today Deb!! Its awfull having a bad night. I usually loose the plot about 11pm if Soph is still awke and crying. By then I'm too tired to cope with it!! We had a bad time at 3am. She woke, fed, and went back to bed... brilliant. Then 5 mins later I heard her farting!! So I changed her poo bum, and while I was doing that she wet everywhere (including all over my duvet), so then I was changing all her clothes and bedding etc at 3am. Was soooo tired I just could not be bothered!! And DH was struggling to stay awake through it all. Can't wait till she sleeps through the night!! I think Alex was about 9 weeks when he started.

Well I'm off to work this morning to show off Sophie (and I guess do a we bit of work). It will be the first time I have really taken her anywhere, other than out to our section. Am excited to get out!! I wonder if I can get into farmers and buy her some pink clothes aswell... I think they have a sale today!!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 1:10pm
Wow nicolaan, people thought I was doing well getting out and about at the shops alone with Luke at 2 1/2weeks old - and Sophie is only 1 1/4weeks!! Well done!

Is there anything that I should be doing to prepare him for sleeping through the night. AT the moment, he goes down at either 8pm or 10pm (if 8 then I feed at 10.30 and put back to bed). He then wakes around 2-3am and then again about 6am (then doesn't go back until about 8am). We are really pleased with this - is this good that he is sleeping this way?? He is also doing pretty well during the day - sleeping about 3 hours each time he goes down... but because of that he feeds quite alot when he is awake (but I am happy with that - long sleeps suit me fine)

So really we are pretty happy here, I hope it continues like this

Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 2:42pm

That sounds pretty good Bel. Anyssa was sleeping the same as that thru the night for the past week or so (but very unpredictable during the day. She is asleep in her bed now, so let's hope it lasts. Off for a snooze myself...

I really better do the mandatory go into work thing soon. I have been out and about quite a bit, but I really can't be bothered going in to work. Only my PA and another couple of people have even bothered to email, so why should I make the effort!? (ok that's grumpy no sleep Deb talking...)
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 3:11pm
Beautiful pics of beautifuls bubbas!!!

You are all going so well!!!!

formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 6:00pm
I am the same, havent been out too much except to pick the kids up from school and playcentre. and each time i bring willow we get swarmed on.
we have gone to the supermarket but thats about it.
i should take her into work really and show her off but seems like such a mission somedays.

Nic i have had the same with willow, less attention and really not many visits etc. i guess this is number three but it doesnt make her any less special than my other kids.
who knows?

willow sleeps normally 3 hourly at night, which is fine by me and only 2 proper sleeps during day with lots of power naps.She slept five hours once it was fantastic! but im happy with 3 hours uninterrupted.
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 6:25pm
Ruby and I didn't have a good night at all last night, she was up every 2 hours (so much for the nice 5 hour sleeps). She has been pretty much 2hrly during today too *sigh*. At 6:30 or so this morning I put her in bed with me (yes I know they say it increases the chances of SIDS but hey if it makes us happy), she woke up after 2 hours again but I think she must of realised I was there and went back to sleep for another 2 hours so that was the longest sleep she has had today

I was lucky enough to leave the house today and go to the mall for some earrings, my unstretched earring holes have been playing up since I got pregnant, can't even tolerate silver earrings for a whole day so I got some nice hypoallergenic ones .... but baby brain struck, I wanted to get mine, DH's and Ruby's birthstones and I accidentally grabbed the wrong month for DH. Bah!

My uterus seems awfully huge still, above my belly button, I know it takes 6 weeks to return to the size of a pear but I still can't see my feet unless I lean forward Who else has this issue? What size is everyone elses?
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 10:48pm
Went and had our boy weighed yesterday - he is now 4855g, so defeintely gaining weight.

We have had a funny day today, lots of sleeping, (I shouldn't complain I know) and not alot of feeding. Am going to keep an eye on the feeding tomorrow, cos I am not convinced that he got enough today. But as DH pointed out, Luke is happy enough, just sleeping for long periods of time when he sleeps (at least 3 hours twice today, with naps in between of at least an hour)
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 9:17am
porcelina i want my brain back too. sad but i forget everything these days. oh well. my uterus back to normal but then it gas always gone back fast, but the afterpains that i get with that were awful.

not even going to attempt to weigh myself thou, too depressing so i wont bother.
mind you id much rather have my wee darling then a flat stomach.
i sleep with willow too, she settles much better and its so nice having her all snuggled up to me
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 9:33am
My uterus doesn't feel hard anymore. Not really sure what size it is, but it has gone down a lot this week. I haven't bothered trying any clothes other than my large maternity pants I was living in for the last month. I'm not too worried about my weight. I know I have about 15kgs to loose, but it will happen. I know my body is not ready to start walking yet. I am still too tired for exercise. Maybe another week and I will start.

Razz, afterpains get worse with each baby. I know mine were a lot worse this time, and my MW said they do get worse. She has a lady due with her 11th baby soon, and said her afterpains are so bad she is having gas for the first few hrs after birth, and lots of painkillers. (I was just stunned at the 11 children!!)

Sophie sleeps well during the day. Atleast 3 hrs at a time. I try to wake her if she sleeps much longer than that. I want her to learn to sleep at night. She slept well last night. 5hrs at a time. And I managed to have a nice sleep in this morning. Feel heaps better for it too.

Our day out went well yesterday. I thought DH was going to have Alex, but he couldn't in the end, so I took them both to town. Luckily Alex was very well behaved. I was so proud of him. Is still much harder taking them both though. I guess I will get used to it.

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 9:37am
Amelia (Leem&Brige) has had her baby. Baby boy named Cody, born 21/11/07 7lb 12oz. He is really cute!!

So that must be all the November babies now..... oh well I guess it is December tomorrow!!! ARRRRGGGGG!!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 12:19pm

Hey great news - pass on my congrats to Amelis if you can Nic. Cody was on our boy name short list - I love it!

I think Lisha is still hanging in there! Maybe she will have the first Dec baby.

I had a much better night last night - 10 -12.30, then thru to 4.30, then she slept again til 7.30am. Sweet. She is having another snooze now. Gotta love it. I even made our bed, and might vaccuum! DP won't recognise the place!

I don't know what size my uterus is. My midwife used to be a massage therapist and said if you massage your stomach you can lose inches a day! I think it must have worked because I lost 6cm around my waist in one day a few weeks ago. I've got 3kgs left to lose so pretty happy about that, but my body sure looks different - sadly I got stretch marks on my tum in the last few days of being preg! Nearly made it without...
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 12:22pm

Oh yeah - my midwife didn't turn up this week, so Anyssa hasn't been weighed since last Wed. How important do you think it is to get her weighed?

This week was supposed to be my last home visit, and then next Friday I am supposed to go into the clinic. I think I could go to the clinic today (1-2pm), but would have to ring to find out...
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 4:30pm
Really the only important weigh is the 1-2 week one since they lose 10% then gain it back with a vengeance, they just need to check that they have gained more than their birth weight back. If she is happy enough and growing then that's fine.

I next see my MW next Thursday before we move so will see how my uterus is then and maybe ask her about it, had some more fresh lochia yesterday which surprised me. I know my uterus is slowly going down as I'm in a pre-pregnancy skirt that is getting looser by the day, haven't tried any other clothes though.

I tried out the groovy camo sling yesterday around the mall, I heard one pair of ladies going how cute but there were an awful lot of people who stared at me like I was a freak!!! Surely it's obvious there's a baby in there. Man am I glad to be moving!!!!

We got a rental property so I am so glad, rent starts on the 8th, we move around the 10th and takeover date is the 12th (which is a little crap I reckon, as soon as we get to Hamilton they should give us the key, we're paying rent after all!). 3 bedroom house with a bedroom off the garage and internal access which is good with a baby. We will still be paying rent here for about 5 days after we leave because of that 21 days notice thing Oh well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 9:45pm
ah willow is having one of those evenings, she has been awake since 4 , ive just left het to have wee cry, a couple of mins is all i can handle, but think she has finally gone to sleep.plaese please fingers crossed.

yea i prob have about 15 kilos to lose as well, nevermind i put on about 25 with all my pregnancies reagrdless of diet, exercise etc. so i know ill lose it eventualy too but dont have the energy to do too much right now.

as for afterpains i just had heaps of nurophen and panadol this time round, crikey i cant imagine having 11 kids! i thought three was hard enough!!!

yay she has gone to sleep finally they look like little angels when they sleep
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 6:07pm
Everyone must be out showing off their babies today!!

We are off to DH's nana's 80th soon. We can't really be bothered, but I guess we better.... woudn't be popular if we didn't go!!

Soph had a pretty good night last night, and has been good today. She was a bit unsettled this morning, and I ended up putting her in the front pack. I never bought a new one (I thought I better wait to see if I would use it) so am using my old Kapoochi one, and after abour 5 mins I could feel it in my back. Am def going to get the baby bjorn pack if I use it more. My sling doesn't fit me My boobs have grown so much, and I put on so much weight its a bit small. Hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be ok. Bugga!!

Thats great you have sorted out your house Porce. Wow not long till you move. I can't imagine having to move right now, esp to another city.... and island!! Your amazing!!

Alright, better go and get Soph ready. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 8:11am
good morning
hope everyone good and getting some sleep.
willow was really unsettled last night, so decided to give her a bath, except she not that keen on baths (we have a shub)so we thought wed try in a plastic bucket and she loved it! so cute, all squashed up in a bucket but as soon as we put her in she was quiet and calm. guess beacuse theres not much space so she felt safe, just looked so darn cute:)
so might just bathe her in there from now on (while she fits).
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 12:14pm
he he thats cute Razz!!

I have just put Alex to bed, and Sophie is asleep, so I have some nice quiet time to myself now. DH is working, and I think my house is clean and tidy enough, so a nice lazy afternoon is on the cards!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 313>