FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 246>
Author
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 10:29am
Wow thats a great weight gain Peanut! Bella is almost 8lb now She is putting on weight soooo fast....and growing up fast too Time is flying by.

Feeding is slowly improving and I am glad I perservered. Sleeping is another issue though! She likes to keep mummy and daddy awake at night but is an angel during the day.

I have started a Dec thread in the photo section so please go and add some of your beautiful babies pics.

Hope your all doing well and enjoying motherhood!
Sponsored Links

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 6:13pm
Topsy Rowan was doing that too and we've just managed to sort it out now so she's got night and day right way around - unfortunately she's quite unsettled in the afternoons now

DH is walking around with her in the Moby wrap at the moment so she'll sleep

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:20pm
Hey all - just popping in to update you with proud (and relieved mummy news). Rowan is now 3.1kgs so I'm allowed to stop the 3 hourly feeds at night
Here's hoping she'll go for 4 or 5 hours by herself.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:30pm
That's great news Bobbie, you must be very relieved. I hope she'll sleep a little longer at night for you.

How much did Rowan weigh when she was born? My wee boy was 2.3kg & is now 3.8kg so he clearly doesn't have a problem gaining weight!

We're currently trying to get him to sleep but it's not going too well. The last couple of nights we've been so tired we put him to sleep in our bed just so we could all get some sleep. It's just another thing I said I wouldn't do before he was born but sometimes you'll do anything for some sleep...

How's everyone else going?
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:41pm
Hehe, it must be baby sleeping time cos we are all on the net!

Well done with the weight gain Bobbie. Hopefully you will get the 4-5 hour feeds. Bella is almost 4kg but still needs feeding every 2-3 hours Anyday now I am hoping that she will start to sleep longer. In saying that however, things have definitly improved and feel a little easier- maybe I have just become accustomed to no sleep and a leach constantly attatched to my boobs!

Haha Sally, I too thought "I will never do that" to some things- But when tireness and frustration sets in you will do what you can to get some rest!

Wonder if LL is home yet?
How are the other Dec mums going?
I hope Emz is doing well and cant wait to hear more details.

Does everyone agree that when people say " Oh having a baby and parenting is hard work" think that it is, but also think not to the extent that it actually is? Anyone with twins or other kids is really admired by me as it is really really tough sometimes with just one baby!

Edited by Topsy
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:49pm
All is going well here.

Congrats on the reaching the 3kg mark, Bobbie.

Topsy, I must say that I have found being a mum easier than I thought it was going to be and actually find myself bored at times, although not today when all he did was grizzle and had no sleep!

I also hear you about the things that I would never do that I am now doing. My big thing is a dummy...but it has been a god send at times.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 10:02pm
Sally she was 2.5kgs at birth and then dropped to 2.3 in the first week. Wow that's an impressive weight gain! He must be a star feeder!

I know what you mean about doing things just to get some rest - I've had a few naps with her on my chest in bed or next to me in bed just so she'll settle.

Yeah I think because I set myself up for parenting being 'a period of sleepless hell' I've been pleasantly surprised but boy do I feel it when she spills or leaks through her clothes and onto the cot at 3am . We did have a 24 hour period where she vomited, leaked and spilt over 2 sets of bedding and about 5 outfits and 2 wraps and was screaming constantly because of wind - that was pretty unfun but thankfully it's only been a one off so far.

Edited by Bobbie

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 10:04am
I had a text from LL yesterday & she said she'd gone back to hospital on Sunday as she had a fever & lost a lot of blood. Between that & the torn artery she's really had a rough time of it . Hopefully she'll be home soon & will post some photos.

I just keep reminding myself to laugh when things go "wrong". Like when baby does a big poo seconds after you've changed his nappy & the times when you've taken his nappy off & he hasn't actually finished pooing .

I'm not sure if I think that parenting is hard work but it certainly is a time consuming job. I find it hard these days to get much else done. I know that it'll get better though as I get better
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 9:55pm
Hiya girls. I am at Mums tonight, I self-discharged myself for the second time this week. I will fill you all in tomorrow. I am about to try my hand at my breast pump to see if I can express (have had a few probs due to being ill etc).

Phoenix is gorgeous, thought I'd share a piccie, I really need to take more. I have a few to upload but running out of time tonight. We are spending the night at his new Nana's, so I could have a spa bath and get some awesome sleep. It has been a really rough ordeal.

Anyways... introducing the lil man himself. PJ.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:51am

Awwww cute cute cute!

Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:02am
He is gorgeous (said it in the other thread too).

Sorry you have had a rough time of it LL. Hopefully you are now on the mend.

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 12:07pm
He's so cute, Tara! He looks very content

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:28pm
So cute! Hope you're feeling a bit better -

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:42pm
*lurker in*

Gorgeous bubbies ladies keep 'em coming

*lurker out*
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:35pm
It was all worth it LL, he is gorgeous!! Hope your starting to feel better
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 4:33pm
Hey ladies, yes I am feeling much better thanks.

Have some more piccies of our wee man. Hope you don't mind me filling up the page a bit.

MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 4:43pm
Awwwwww....

HURRY UP EDEN!!

Haha, he's so adorable. What a sweet wee man
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 4:52pm
Cute cute cute!!!

LL, your birth story from the other thread sounds exactly like my birth (apart from the torn artery).

How is sleping going for everyone? I am lucky to get 3hr stints! She is such a hungry bubba and I am finding it a little exhausting. We have decided to move her into her cot and own room today as she is such a noisy baby even in her sleep. She also hits her hands on the side of the bassinnett. She looks tiny in a big cot!!!

Edited by Topsy
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 5:18pm
We have transferred mac to a bigger basinett in his wn room now and it makes sleeping so much easier. I get about 3 1/2 hours sleep in between feeds so am not finding it to bad.

We are heading away on monday on a wee rd trip for a week followed by a week camping in wanaka so maybe exhausted after that.

Pheonix is cute, what gorgeous dark hair. Mac's hair is starting to recede in the front..making his mohawk so much more noticable.

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 5:19pm
Phoenix sleeps so much. If I didn't wake him for feeds, he would sleep in forever. I can easily get 4-5 hours in between awake time.

Midwife was over today, she weighed Phoenix and he has only lost 75g since birth. He feeds really well (bottle fed expressed milk) and gets a lil from the breast (we are still learning together).

Yeah Topsy, it was a pretty quick birth. Hellish contractions. I dón't think I even felt tearing, just the pressure from him and bearing down etc.

I sure felt it afterwards though!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 246>