FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedxmas tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xmas tips
    Posted: 19 December 2007 at 7:55am
I remember we had a similar thread last year. one of the BEST tips was from Janine (mum2paris). most of us buy fisher price stuff - before you wrap, undo all those wires and ties so when they open the present, they can play straight away, not whinge cause you have to undo the thing first - which takes forever.

My tip is if you have a child who keeps pullin down the xmas tree- put a heater guard around it. we are good this year but last year were not.

Oooh, i had another good tip and now I can't remember.
Sponsored Links

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 8:06am
batteries!!!!!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 8:32am
My thoughts exactly SB!

Oh and I like to have a wrapped up box of choccies hiding away in case someone unexpectedly gets you a pressie and you didnt get them anything!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 8:50am
Batteries - that was it. went through all the toys yesterday and wrote down what ones we needed
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 8:53am
oooh I just sorted thru all my pressies last night, put them in piles and made up the santa sacks to see what exactly I had for who and what I still needed (in terms of santa sack stuff - and its me who's lacking!) made sure I had lots of wrap, tape and name cards as I am doing the shopping today.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 8:53am
yep we did that too, wrote down the batteries we needed each thing we wrapped - and wow only 2 things with batteries this year.. (wooot!) in saying that we keep forgetting to buy them then that panasonic batteries add comes on and me and mike both always look at each other and go "batteries!" lol

I did go through and pre-assemble a few things so less assembly on the day, and i also went thru and put the stickers on things.. paris never bothered but if ayja sees you put them on then she thinks she can take them off. If they're already there she doesn't bother.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 8:56am
yes, we too have a fire guard around our xmas tree, it also stops the presents being opened.

We are going to leave one present to open on boxing day as I always remember that boxing day was SOOO BORING when I was little. It is a present that is not under the tree, but Santa leaves it at the door of the kids bedrooms, it must have fallen off his sleigh so he dropped it off on his way home to the north pole

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 9:02am
oh for young babies (who really don't care about Christmas anyway), foil paper is good as they put it in their mouths. Over the weekend we had coffee group xmas and were forever fishing paper out of babes mouths, espicially the newly crawling ones who were into EVERYTHING!
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 9:43am

Originally posted by Sarah Beth Sarah Beth wrote:

oh for young babies (who really don't care about Christmas anyway), foil paper is good as they put it in their mouths. Over the weekend we had coffee group xmas and were forever fishing paper out of babes mouths, espicially the newly crawling ones who were into EVERYTHING!

Ella has just discovered paper and thinks it is the best thing ever- probably didn't need to buy her presents this year, the wrapping paper is going to keep her busy for a while.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
 Post Reply Post Reply