FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYay my mum and dad...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yay my mum and dad...
    Posted: 11 January 2008 at 11:42pm

Brought a house in OZ!!!!!!

House prices over there are crazy but mum and dad sold their house in Palmy for a nice price and when they moved over there they were about to get CentreLink (WINZ) payments straight away as their are OZ citizens and they got jobs within the first couple of weeks of moving there.

So they rung us tonight to tell us the good news and then dad gave me the info to have a look at it online. It is so nice and I can't wait to go there now in June.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:10am

Great news Becks

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:52am
oh wow thats so cool - I am seriously thinking of moving over there and really the house prices aren't that much different to here - and you are getting a newer house. This is the gold coast of cause - heard sydney is still pretty expensive.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:53am
and you get so much more help if you have kids and pay rent.. worked out that we would get (I had to estimate mind you but I estimated higher rather than lower) $450 a fortnight - not bad going really.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:58am

Mum and dad are on th Sunshine Coast. They house is only 4 years old (which is nice) and payed just over $400000 for it. A tad more than what you would pay in Palmy.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 7:36am
That is so great and it means that you don't have to pay for hotels or anything when you go over now!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply