FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby food recipes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby food recipes.
    Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:54am
I need some different foods to feed Kylah.
She loves apples and pears mixed.
And absolutly hates carrots and pumpkin.. like power chuck as soon as she tastes it..

So what else can i try her on.
Shes 5 months 1 week old..
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Sponsored Links

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:52am
Avocado or banana? Easy to mush up

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:54am
apple, peach, kumara, avokado, potato, peas - I'm just trying to think whats in the watties blue tins lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 12:00pm
She didnt like the potato pea and brocolli one, i wore that! Peach? How do you do that, iv got peaches here.. Oh and kumara didnt think of that..

Advocade, do you just mush it up and feed it to them?
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 2:03pm
Nah Daniel doesnt like the potato pea and brocolli one either, we just mixed it in with other ones that he did like then he ate it.

Peach, just cut it up and shove it in a blender/food processor.. I dunno if a 5 month old can have finger food yet.. cause Daniel eats it like crazy .. or you could put it in a fresh food feeder, that way she wouldn't get any lumps and could just suck on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 2:08pm
Well i have a magic bullet so that will do it..
I have one of those fresh food feeders.. might try that too.
Im afraid of my magic bullet tho lol..
I made some baby food they had in the recipe book, following their directions and th magic bullet exploded and i ended up with severe burns on my wrist and hand.. also had small burns on my neck and chest.. that was just a couple days ago
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 2:28pm
That's not cool! I'd be complaining especially if you followed THEIR recipe!
Mummy2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummy2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:58pm
I have been giving my lil girl Half a avocado and a small banana mashed up together for lunch this week and she loves it!! It goes down really well I can't remember what age they can have orange but orange is great in the feeder Tamsyn sucks the orange dry lol
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 2:45am
How about mixing things up with the apple & pears? Gina too loved those two and we'd mix all sorts of things with them including meat and veggies - it tasted terrible to me but she used to eat it OK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 7:13am
Wow yummy mummy your posting early..
yeah i was going to mix stuff with it but DF and my mum said it will be yuk and not too.. but i will today.

Yeah i followed their recipe and boy did it hurt!
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 9:04am
I've done a similar thing with my magic bullet too- it happens when you put hot food in and don't screw it on quite right and the pressure makes it burst open. When you are doing it up be absolutely certain you've got the thread lined up right and its screwed on really tight- sometimes it can feel like you have but if you look closely it isn't, or wait for the food to cool until you whiz it.

I find courgette goes down really well, sweet potato, avocado, cauliflower. I usually use potato as a base but you could use pear if thats something she likes
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 9:15am
Its not nice aye.. It burnt my face, chest, neck, shoulders, arms and really badly on my wrist, to a point it blistered really bad my DF wanted to take me to hospital.. Havent used it since!! But i have to today because we are getting low on her food..

My only problem is, she wont eat anything but apple and pear. If its anything else she wont open her mouth at all! With apple and pear i cant feed it to her fast enough!

Maybe i should just try mixing stuff with the apple and pear so she will eat it.
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 9:33am
Ouch you poor thing! Burns are so painful Use lotsa aloe vera gel!

Maybe do half pear and half something else bland like potato- then it will mostly taste of pear- you could slowly introduce stronger tasting things then reduce the amount of pear.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 1:56pm
That's what we did - we'd mix apple/pear with just a little something else ie potato mash or pumpkin mash or a baby tin of beef & veggies. Then we'd slowly increase the 'other' food until it was at least 1/2-1/2. I must say there were times when I thought Gina would never get used to eating normal food but now she's pretty much into everything - as long as she sees us eating it too

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 2:11pm
Here's a good recipe from a book I bought, recommended for 6-9 month olds...

50g chicken - cooked and diced
1/4 cup cooked rice
1 ripe peach
1 Tbsp orange juice
1 Tbsp formula/breastmilk
1 Tbsp other pureed fruit (I used apple/pear)

Mix together and warm over low heat (or microwave). Blend with blender/masher.

Was a real hit in our house

Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 1:30pm
There is a brilliant book out called Baby Food and Beyond - has excellent recipes which can be modified as baby gets older.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about variety for babies as young as Kylah is right now. She'll get the hang of it as she gets bigger. Are you doing baby rice for her? Tastes like wallpaper paste, but it rocks their world I think you can get one with apple in it too.
 Post Reply Post Reply