FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m not sure if I have PND or I’m just

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m not sure if I have PND or I’m just
    Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:24am
tired.

I have suffered from depression for most of my adult life, so Iknow my markers fairly well, but I'm a bit "confused" ATM.

Part of me is just thinking I'm just sooo tired, I haven't had a full nights sleep for almost 3 years now

Part of me thinks this is the post climax fallout from the wedding/christmas season

And part of me wonders if all this hate and rage at hubby/kids is PND that I haven't thought about cos I have been too busy until now.

I'm bored.

I hate my kids and Rodney. I almost went to income support this morning to see about getting out of here, then Charlotte started crying, so I never went in. Well, not hate, but dislike alot ATM. And I think I could just do it on my own, cos I'm more or less doing it on my own anyhow. But then, he earns the money and pays the bills, so its my "job" to do everything.

IM BORED. I'm sick of baby and kid this baby and kid that. I want to go back to work, I think, but I'm "not allowed" - the money I earn dosen't offset the cost of DC for 2 kids and the extra stress of getting 2 ready to be out the door by 8am. We are not entitled to any suppliments/subsidies because hubby is self employed, so according to WINZ, "rich" and over the earning limit.

I'm sick of 2 year old difficulties, and whinging clingy babies.

I'm sick of the heat.

IM BORED. Even my "me time" is boring. I'm on edge all the time I'm out of the house becasue hubby dosne't relly like looking after baby, cos she is B/Fed, so if she cries, it must be because she wants booby, and no other reason.

He wants me to stop BF and I don't want to.

I'm sick of doing everything myself and having to "ask" if he can watch the kids so I can shower or whatever.

IM TIRED

And I don't even know why I am moaning really. We are alot better off than alot. I live ina lovely home that we own on a small teeny tiny mortgage, we have a business that is sucessful, I have a nice car, I don't want for anything (except sleep).

Like I said, I;m not sure if its just some kind of psychosis form lack of sleep and the heat, or something more sinister. I don't even know if I would say I feel depressed or just tired and bloody bored.

Long boring rant. If you are still with me, thanks for listening.

xx

Edited by fattartsrock
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:52am

I don't know PND, obviously, but it does sound to be like a bad cycle which (for me) spirals into D. You need to do something for yourself, which is easier said than done, I know, and is very easy for me to say when I don't have children. That 'little' balancing act is an unknown for me.

Perhaps if you explained to Rod that you really do need to do something for you, as in work, and that the cost vs your sanity isn't such a bad thing.

Give yourself little treats if you can, even if that treat is leaving the washing and having a cuppa.

TELL Rod. I don't know if he's a listener, but if you lay it all out to him, maybe you can work on solutions together.

And yes, m'dear, the come down from a wedding is EVIL! It's because you've been busy and focussed and excited for ages, and now you've got nowhere to chanel that energy and it's just kind of fizzing around inside you doing destructive things.

Look after you.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:53am
Could I suggest that you show DH this post? Maybe now that you've written things down, and expressed how you feel, you may find that it will make him aware of what you're going thru right now?

I can so relate to you right now, especially with it being the holidays and being home with 3 kids, and not really being able to afford to go out much.

Anyway I'm not going to thread jack, but I just wanted to let you know that what your feeling isn't necessarily a bad thing, and yes perhaps you need to go and talk to your GP.

Do you have any other support? I'm just wondering if you could perhaps have someone come over and sit with the children while you go and sleep - sleep till you wake up.

We have an agreement that on Saturdays I can sleep as long as I want to, and DH takes over the kids.

Hugs I know how you feel, but like I said this is about you not me.

Take care and know that you vent anytime
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 12:21pm
my god annie it could've been me typing that post!!!

i'm so sick of everything you described and feel the same way about most of it.....last weekend it all came to a head and i burst into tears while DH was at a mates place on the weekend...first day he's had in 3wks to see the kids and what does he do!!
'oh i didn't realise you felt that bad' he says.....

DH took the kids to the park the next day, albeit for all of an hour, but it was an hour i didn't have to have charli on my knee and jack crying about a piece of grass on his hand

i think you need to show rod your post or sit down and have a chat over a coffee.....you need a day, morning, couple of hours to yourself...completely yourself. whether its to go shopping for something nice, drink with a friend or a nap while the rest of the family go out......

i hope you can get some time soon, i do sympathise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 12:23pm
perhaps a talk with your GP would be a good idea too and see what they think.......

BONJOVI IN 2 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 12:28pm
That is so rough thre is nothing worse then being stuck on a roller coster that never seem's to end. No advice just hug's.
Deborah Mum to:

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 12:55pm
I showed one of my friends this post (well copied and pasted it into an msn chat) as shes a psychologist..

She said (which I totally agree with), that men can seem like such twits at times. They genuinely don't have a clue sometimes that we are feeling down/sad/angry or whatever, so unless we tell them what we are feeling and what we want to happen (if we know) then don't ever expect they have a clue about it.

She also suggested going and talking to your GP and figure out if you need more help with meds and the like.

But from my point of view: can you guys put the kids in daycare/or get a babysitter/carer for like 1 day a week? That way it's not too expensive and also gives you some time out to do some things for yourself and make that day a no cleaning day as well, so it's about you rather than about the house/kids/family etc.

Also maybe find something new to get involved in, a hobby or something that does give you some you time and is fun to do. Something that has nothing to do with kids.
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:01pm
I would also suggest you talk to your GP about this, these are some rather serious thoughts you are having and you might just need to see if there is anything that can be done to help out.

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

She said (which I totally agree with), that men can seem like such twits at times. They genuinely don't have a clue sometimes that we are feeling down/sad/angry or whatever, so unless we tell them what we are feeling and what we want to happen (if we know) then don't ever expect they have a clue about it.

Totally agree! I think we expect that they should know how we feel,...well I do anyway! The only way I have got DH to remotely understand is to tell him exactly what I need. I even borrowed a video on depression from plunket, and made him watch it. He didnt get it, but I think it sorta shocked him into realising that Im not just "being stupid".

Hugs hun, hope u get the understanding and support u need soon.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:22pm

awww Annie . I remember that big wedding high and coming down to earth and hitting it hard. I would as the others have said go and see your dr and have a chat with them.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:39pm
You're not alone in this Annie!
Please, please tell me if you would like me to come over anytime, my life is as boring as yours if not worse so free to come over and have a chat, look after the kids while you go out or sleep or whatever anytime.

Talk to Rod, even if your income is spent on childcare for the kids does it really matter if you feel like a human being again??

Love and hugs to you sweetheart

ETA: Only reason I don't ring everyday is I hate to be a pain!

Edited by newmum

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 3:47pm
Hugs Annie. I dont know about PND, but I do know that I feel that way alot - the bored, tired, grumpy cos you feel like you are doing everything..... I had a day out yesterday (had a massage, bit of shopping and then lunch with Andie) by myself and I felt like a different person afterwards. Only prob is it doesnt last long, so it needs to be regular - can you do a swap with someone for half a day a week or something, or daycare?

I dont know really mate, but have a fantastic time at Bon Jovi and make the most of some kiddy free time!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 7:50pm
What about some marriage/couples counselling? It might help for you guys to have a neutral space to talk some of this over. You can get free sessions thru the family court, super easy, just one form to fill in last time I checked.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 8:18pm
hugs annie - we really are the same person!

Edited by lizzle
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 8:38pm
Aw Annie... it's OK to be fecked off with everything every now and again.

Sounds like are going through a bit of the old mother identity crisis thing as well (happens to me frequently!)

I must say though... I am LOVING working at the moment. I'm just not cut out for this stay at home stuff.

Anyway, much love! xoxoxo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 10:27pm
where are you staying in chch? i'm thinking we should meet up for a drinkee poo or 2 before we rock the stadium on sunday????   

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 2:09pm
We are staying at meadow park, lol!! Rod looking after kids after dropping me off!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:33pm
Enjoy Bon Jovi ladies!

Annie, your post sounds like where I was at a few months ago - totally over my life, over the boring day-to-day stuff, angry at Willie for having a 'real' life, etc. etc. Pretty much everything you said. For me it was/is PND and things have improved a lot with meds, and with getting a nanny to give me some "me" time with work.

If you can't talk to Rod (and hey, I tried talking to WIllie but he's more an 'ambulance at the bottom of the cliff' kinda guy), is there someone else you can talk to get stuff out there and sorted in your own mind? I d think seeing your GP is a good idea too, they have a scale for assessing PND and they'll be able to give you some more ideas/coping strategies.

In the meantime, enjoy your night out!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:47pm

I hope you are having fun tongiht at the concert.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply