FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHad my apt and.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had my apt and.....
    Posted: 07 March 2008 at 1:49pm
had my first apt on Tuesday it was with the scary scottish guy on the phone, but he was not nearlly as scary in person actually really cool he is the intake nurse who does or the first apt's I was there ofr 2 hour's. Then I was booked in to see the psychiatrist today she was really lovely. I am changing Med's as the ones I am currenlty on are not letting me sleep so well and stolen my sex drive she said the new ones are way stronger and harder to come off, but will be load's better.   When I first arrived she said she thought she had seen me somewhere I guessed it was like the suprermarket till near the end of the apt and I saw her cell phone(it is very flash) I recognised it straight away last friday I wnet to M/W and locked kids and key's in the car and she was the nice stranger that let me use her phone terriblly embarrasing. Anyway she has said she does not think I have as much depression as I do an Anxiety disorder not sure which sound's worse.
Anyway thank's so much for all your support ladies.
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 1:53pm
Sounds like the outcome of your appt was quite good.

I'm an anxiety kid as well, and honestly, once I had that under control ,the depression seems not as bad as it was. I did a thing called cognitive bahavour therapy to help with anxierty/depressoin, and it was fantastic, I cannot speak highly enough about it, and since I did that, I have things under unmedicated control. I still have bad days, but I can get ont op of it better now.

Good luck, and it gets easier when you know what you are dealing with!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 2:00pm
Thank's hun its weird cause I would have never really thought of it being more that, but makes alot more scence then actual depression.   The weird part it Ihave not had panic attack's in year's and if anything was going to trigger one it would have been my apt's the past week at the hospital I use to get the whole sweaty palm's and feeling sick and anearlly passing out before apt's at doc's or hospital's.
Deborah Mum to:

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 2:40pm

I'm glad you hav esome answers Deb.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 4:38pm
Glad the appt went so well for you.

I too am having cognitive behaviuoral therapy with a physcologist and am finsing it really really good.

What meds have they put u on now, if u dont mind me asking. Im interested cos I have been on 3 diff ones now for PND/anxiety.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 4:44pm
loadsofkids- i used to have panic attacks too...they seemed to be triggered by certain things but not anymore..weird..i have OCD so had CBT for it..though was paying 130 a week for it...ick..so when i find a free option i will take that.. though it worked really well for me(before i got preg)

I havent had medication as i was ttcing atm..so cant comment on that option..had some issues while pregnant..hormonal i guess but got it sorted but having issues again now with the bfing thing..(tiredness and hormones i guess) anyway...the cognitive stuff is fab.. she said it would take months to be seen here but Maya suggested maternal mental health so may look into that instead.. ! glad you have some answers..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 5:06pm
Yeah definatly see if you can get into the public system as see maternal mental health team Kawwww.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:00pm
Glad your appt went so well Deb. I have general anxiety disorder as well, it's funny how much anxiety contributes to depression.
I had my appt today with the psychiatrist as well and apart from telling me I do too much, and I keep myself too busy to avoid dealing with 'stuff' it was a waste of time. Oh but they are going to arrange CBT for me with a psychologist to work on my OCD and anxiety etc.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:16pm

Great you have answers Debs.

I have heard good things about CBT Emma so best of luck with that chick!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:27pm
CBT- Im becoming a fan!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 9:26am
I am pleased that you guy's have found something that work's for you. I not so sure of theropy JMO tho thing's like that really scare me so I am happy with the drug's atm. There was one other thing she said which kinda knocked me for 6 and actually has come up alot lately with prefessional's they recomend I don't have 6 babies I am finding that hard to take at the moment we will prob end up having to stop at 4, but they also want me to wait at least 2 year's before I get pg again if I am onlt going to have 4 I don't want that big a gap argh! I feel so judged liek I am strange wanting a big family I know I can do it and will be great at it.
My meds are: Venlafaxine there is some critera to get it tho she had to apply for founding or something have to have tried at least 2 other med's before they will give you this one. She is sure it will be load's better for me she as used it with heap's of other pregnant pacitent's she said it might even make my sex drive better then what is was before I started the other med's Lucky DH if it does.

Edited by loadsofkids
Deborah Mum to:

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 10:50am

Debs Therapy hasnt worked for me either. A good friend of mine who is also a psychologist said that CBT is what most of her patients response too but this is a general overview and not all use that particular therapy.

Great your meds are working for you. That is what has and is  worked for me too althou I wouldnt be without my MMH nurse, she was AWESOME!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 7:34pm
I got a copy of the letter to my doc today, damn that was quick! They describe my life as "chaotic" and I get the impression that they think Willie should be doing more coz one of the things on my action plan is a meeting with me and him which they never mentioned yesterday. LMAO at chaotic tho. And she thinks I have probably been OCD since I was a kid, but that stress makes it flare up.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 9:12pm
I wondered if it was Venalfazine(Efexor). Thats what Im on (well was till 10 days ago when I had an anaphylatic reaction to it ). Been on them since about August last year.
Tis weird cos Im 100% positive that in the info book that come with the meds it says u cant take them when pregnant or bf. I have been very relectant each time they have wanted to increase my dose, because the length of time to eventually come off them before ttc again would be longer, if the dose was higher. I would defiantly check the medicines information before u take them.
Obviously Im wrong tho, or your Phyciatrist wouldnt be prescibing it.

Take them at night as they made me extremely drowsy, and my Dad is also on them and when I told him to change to taking them at night, he didnt want to bother cos he thought it didnt effect him. But when he did start taking them at night instead, my Mum noticed a big improvement in his energy levels and motivation etc.

I think my sex drive is better than it was on the previous meds, but its still hardly existant(sorry TMI!).

I also had a persistant dry cough that woke me up at nights, from the meds. This worsened as my dose was increased, but we now know that this was beginning of allergy to them. Eeekkk!

And whatever u do, DO NOT miss even one dose. The nightmares are horrific if u do. And this is a well docummented fact with this drug, not just with me!

If your dose it ever increased to 150mg (Im presuming u will start on the usual 75mg dose), the meds are available in this dose, you do not need to take 2 pills, like one chemist shop told my Dad. The chemist also told my Dad the other day that the lower 37.5 mg capsules are now available on special authority. You previously had to pay heaps of $$$ for them, which would be a consideration when you need to come of them.

Sorry, hope I havent put u off!
They were much better for me than the other meds I tried first.

Edited by Kellz
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 11:38pm
Hey thank's for the info on that I have read the info on pg and it all seem's pretty fine and BF I just take it dirrectly after a feed then express and dump the next feed and use previously expressed milk seem's pretty simple I think I can manager that I really got the impression they won't be needing to increase me from the 75mg I hope I have started on the half of that till I come of my other med's so taking half of that on. Stink about the reaction that would have been so scarey.
Well I have felt in a daze all day not sure if it the med's or what, but love the tip of taking it at night might try that seem's like a better plan if I can remember.
Deborah Mum to:

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 8:41am
Yeah I would definatley take them at night. I was soo exhausted all the time, I even went to the Dr about it twice thinking that my iron levels were really low or something, until we figured out it was cos I was taking them in the morning. And like I said, Mum noticed a big improvement in dad when he swapped to taking them at night, even tho he didnt feel like they were making him tired or anything.

Allergic reaction isnt common at all. I was fine on 150mg, but then the reaction kicked in after my dose was increased to 225mg. Only had the allergic reaction cos my body was oversenitised to them when I took an OD. Then when my dose was increased 3 weeks later, thats when the reaction happened.

Really hope they work well for you
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 10:38am
Well its been over 2 week's scince I have actually had a full night sleep it is so starting to catch up with me can't wait till I come off the ciprmil(SP?) its driving me nut's even swaped and took the other one last night. I was still awake from 2am till 5.30am started dozing finally only to be woken by Alan screaming so it was after 6 before I got to sleep had to let him in our bed then he woke at 7am argh I am so darn tired I just want one full night sleep I supose it is getting me ready for when baby come's. As far as everything else goes feel much more positive about the whole MMH I am starting see it more as just part of my walk through life.

Edited by loadsofkids
Deborah Mum to:

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 8:21pm
Oh gee the sleep think is so awful, isnt it. Really hope its ettles down for u soon, and u are able to get some decent rest. Wonder if there is a sleeping tab they could safely give u for a few days just to get u some sleep?
Glad u feeling more positive tho!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 10:35am
Thank's Kellz I was thinking the samething about the sleeping pill's. I cam barely fuction today went to the supermarket and walked around in a daze I can't sleep during teh day either cause that jsut makes sleeping at night worse.
Deborah Mum to:

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 10:45am
I'm finding broken sleep a pain in the butt atm too, altho not related to my meds, more coz I am up and down to the bathroom and the gremlins 25 times a night, it really messes with me, and then having to get up earlier to get Maya to school, I'm not used to that yet!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>