FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRuined Australian Wedding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruined Australian Wedding
    Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:09am
My gosh, has anyone heard about the australian family 'forced' to walk down the isle in black trackpants and jandals?

apparently the dresses for half of the bridesmaids werent ready so they 'had' to walk down the isle in black trackpants and jandals, the question i want to know is why the hell couldnt they have found a few nice cheap dresses to wear, surely they didnt only have trackpants in their closet?? and it was on the news! both One news and Nine news!

if you ask me thats kinda pathetic!
Sponsored Links

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:33am
I saw it this morning and was laughing so hard at the comments Paul Henry was saying......

The couldn't have found nice dresses to wear, as it was in Frankston. (I grew up there *shame of all shames*) There are no nice clothes shops in Frankston.....
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:43am
Surely they had some nicer clothes than track pants though?!
Even if they weren't matching, surely they had something like good party clothes they could have worn instead?
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:55am
that's just ridiculous! makes for lovely wedding photos to look back on and show the grandkids doesn't it

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 10:31am
Sounds to me like they wanted to make a big deal out of the dresses not being ready, to get more 'publicity' for their case.... so made it look even worse by just wearing trackies and jandals...

Oh my gosh off topic but Paul Henry is so funny, he cracks me up. The funniest thing I've ever seen on Breakfast was a couple of weeks ago when this cheese carver guy carved Paul Henry's face out of cheese!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Bee Bee wrote:

The couldn't have found nice dresses to wear, as it was in Frankston. (I grew up there *shame of all shames*) There are no nice clothes shops in Frankston.....

Yeah, but they totally could have taken the train into the city!! My sister used to train from the city into Frankston everyday for uni! It does sound like they wanted to make a statement.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 9:34pm
When did they find out the dresses wouldn't be ready? Surely at least by the previous day. I'm with Arohanui on this one
 Post Reply Post Reply