FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApple Pie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EthansMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EthansMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple Pie
    Posted: 28 March 2008 at 3:21pm

I have been asked by DF to make an apple pie this weekend - anyone know a good recipe??? I have never made one before.

** MUM TO **
Ethan     29/08/2006
Brooke   22/09/2008
Sponsored Links

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 7:03pm
I made one not so long ago, and I "sort-of" followed the edmonds recipe (if I remember correctly) and it was something like puff pasty on the bottom of the pie dish, then in a saucepan melt together 25g butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar (I think the edmonds said white, but brown gives it a more caramel taste) 2 TBS flour, ground cloves (I used cinnimon as I didn't have ground cloves) then add 6-8 thinly sliced granny-smith apples until the sugar is all melted and you have a good texture, then pour into your pie dish and bake at 200 degree for 20 minutes. It was really yummy and in hindsight I think it would have been really nice with pasty on the top in a sort-of "lattice" effect...I'm afraid when I bake I sort of "add a bit of this" and "add a bit of that" but it tasted nice all the same

mountaingoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaingoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:50am
Are you planning to make your own pastry or buy it?

www.simplyrecipes.com has some good apple pie recipes. it's a food blog. click on the "desserts" link.
maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:47pm
My DH had been demanding apple pie for ages and I eventually made one last week. I used bought shortcrust pastry (in a pie dish or loaf or cake tin) and had a whole lot of apples from our apple tree. They are really sour for eating but I sliced them up and put in a wee bit of water (no sugar) and boiled them for a bit until they went all mushy. The apples were devine just as they were and I ate quite a bit before remembering to allocate enough for the pie hehe! Then I just put the apple in, sprinkled a bit of cinnamon and sugar before putting a 'lid' of pastry on top which I then sprinkled with white and brown sugar. Then I baked it. Very plain and simple but perfect with custard or ice cream or frozen yoghurt..mmmmmmm

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:48pm
oh, and then i made some smaller ones in muffin trays but i put a few boysenberries in too and they were really good!!

Post Reply Post Reply