FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril/ May 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:55am
Happy Birthday Sam!!!

Sponsored Links

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:06am
Happy Birthday Sam. Hope you have a great day :)
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:12am
Awww thanks guys!   Having a party for him tomorrow and he gets to spend time with his dad today which means I might get a nap!

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 1:12pm
Happy birthday Sam! - Lots of hugs from me, and manly hi-fives from Blair

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 8:23am
Tash, just in case you are lurking

Happy Birthday Kyan!!!

boys.boys.boys.boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 9:11pm
Hi everyone!

Hope you guys are all well, I supose you are all busy growing your little babies and running after toddlers?!!

We got Micah a bike last week, one of the little ones with trainer wheels, his little legs are still a bit short but he has learnt how to pedal it, trouble is, he consentrates so much on the pedalling thing, he forgets the steering!! I supose it will all come with practice!!!

It is so much fun with two of them together!! They are so entertaining to each other and constantly crack each other up!!!

Hope everyone is well....
4 boys!! 7 years, 5 years, 2 years and 8 weeks...
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 8:26am
Wow a bike   I bet he loves that! I know Samantha loves her trike more than anything else she has in the world   She can't even pedal though and we have the steering locked

All good here. Just really tired. I have had a sinus infection for the last week and have been struggling to stay happy and fun for Sam while feeling so awful. No sign of it clearing up yet either

Sam is fantastic. She amazes me everyday. We have had such big changes in her over the past few months and she is now such a happy confident little girl - she makes me so proud

We went to visit a friend and her little 11 mth old boy the other day and Sam was so fantastic with him. She even got down on the floor and crawled around with him. Loved being followed around and basically had a ball. Made me very clucky and excited about our little boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2009 at 9:35pm
It's amazing how they have grown to be so happy, confident and independent eh!! Sometime Micah is too happy and confident!! Going through town or in a shop he will quite happily say bye to me and push me away. He is quite happy if I leave!!!

Can your 'kids' dress themselves yet? And have you started toilet training yet?

Micah was really really funny today, Daniel was in his walker and after a while Micah wanted me to take him out, so I did, and then Micah promptly climbed in himself and raced around the lounge in the walker, he looked SO funny, his legs all cooped up like a adult on a kids bike!!!

His speech is getting alot better, not all understandable but rambling sentences as such, very cute, I must take a video to show him when he is older!!!. Is this similar to your 'kids' speech?

I hope your all feeling well and have a nice night...
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2009 at 9:58pm
Your post made me laugh Rosie   I can just imagine a toddler trying to zoom around in a baby walker.

I think we should pat ourselves on the back for having such confident, happy children! It says something about our skills as parents and how secure our kids must feel if they are happy to be away from us

We are not officially toilet training yet, but have been sitting on the potty everyday. Sam likes to sit on her potty when I go to the loo (which makes for long visits ). I am secretly hoping she will accidently do something in there and I will make such a fuss that she will finally get what it is there for. She still thinks it is somewhere to sit, store toys etc etc
As for the dressing. No way! Undressing - now that is a completely different story

Speech wise, Sam is doing really well. We had lots of issues before her grommet surgery at the end of last year and she basically didn't talk at all. In the past couple of days she has been saying 5 word sentences - I am so impressed   Loads of new words constantly and apparently at the moment the favourite thing is 'silly Mummy'
I should add though that her speech is still toddler talk and alot of things I understand others wouldn't

All ok here. I am trying to figure out today whether Sam has a slightly upset tummy or it is teething related as the we have the last two molars coming through at the moment. 4 pooey messy nappies today including the one at 5.30am which I stupidly ignored thinking she was just being silly! After cleaning her, the sheets, her sleeping bag, toys etc etc I will be checking next time she trys to tell me that again in the middle of the night

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:54pm
Hi all
Havn't been in here for awhile! Jayden has just been diagnosed with sensorineural hearing loss and will need hearing aids. We are going to starship on tuesday for a hearing aid fitting. We think the hearing loss is due to the fact he had a cleft palate. We have a lot more testing to be done and hope to find out the cause.

Mum2Sam: Jayden had grommets put in last year too. His speech is behind as well due to cleft and being deaf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 8:38pm
hows Jay now Shazza??

And everyone elses kids?!!

Micah is doing really well, he's learning heaps of new words everyday, today's were house, mouse, sorry, etc etc it's very exciting!!!

He was really cute today, Daniel was playing with one of the draws on the TV unit, Micah went over and hit his hand saying 'No!', when I told him that Daniel was ok playing with it, he said to Daniel 'I'm sorry', I thought it was cute anyway!!!

They are sooo cool how they play with each other now!!!
Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:02am
awww Rosie that is soooo cute Micah apologised to Daniel

Jay is doing really well. We still have a long road ahead of us trying to help him with getting the correct speech. He does say alot of words but because he's deaf theres sounds he doesn't say like TH, CH, P and so on...hope that makes sence LOL

Awsome that Micah and Daniel are playing together. Occasionally Jay and Cam play together

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:25am
Shazza I'm glad to hear that Jay is doing well.

Rosie that is gorgeous - what a little sweetheart

Sam has lost a grommet - gah! Took her to the doctors yesterday about a cough and he could see it sitting in her ear canal. Have been given some drops to clear out the wax so that the doctor can check and see if there is fluid behind the ear drum. Fingers crossed there isn't! I hate the thought of putting her through another surgery! Won't know until late next week now though.

Another quiet day in our household. I have big plans to vacum - ooooohhhh   Nothing much new though to be honest. Paying off a huge layby for a new car seat for Sam and a new buggy for both of my babies. Looking forward to October when I get to meet my little man

Edited by Mum2Sam

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 2:05pm
I did most of my housework this morning :)

Mum2Sam: fingers crossed you wont have to go through more surgery. I hate it when they put the masks on them to go to sleep...I always end up crying

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 2:48pm
I reckon - that is by far the most awful part. Sam went under the last time kicking and screaming - and then woke up the same way. It was just horrible   Didn't cry, but really wanted to

House is all clean - I am so bored!

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 6:59pm
Jay had a CT scan yesterday, they had to put him out for it. I was worried about the mask but he was fine, there was no struggling this time so I didnt end up crying.

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:22am
What a good boy Jay is. Big hugs for you because even though you didn't cry it is still awful to watch isn't it

What was the CT scan for?

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 12:48pm
Its sure is horrible to watch. The CT scan was for his ears, they want to look at the coclea. We hav'nt had any results as of yet but hope we do soon because at least then we will have abit more clarity on the hearing loss.

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:56am
Happy 3rd Birthday for all the April/May 07 babies!

Sam is turning three next Saturday and we're having a small get together at home.

Hope all the kids had great birthdays and... I can't believe we have three year olds!!!!
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:26pm
Happy Birthday Sam!

My little darling turns three today!

Edited by mamanee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>