FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril/ May 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 3:07pm
Yay bout making an effort for WW!!

The first steps are great but after that its tiring lol. Neosha has been walking everywhere lately and shes always toppling over and bumping into things

Gosh I really should get her into swimming as well

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Sponsored Links

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 6:18pm
Yeah swimming is great - be prepared for Neosha to hate it for the first couple of times (Kyan did even though he loves the water!) but after that she'll love it! I was always going to get Kyan swimming at a young age as my Dad is 60 this year and can't even float
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 7:32pm
Swimming really does rock! Sam loves her swimming lessons. I have been so bummed lately that we haven't been going. Hopefully I will be able to take her back sometime next month

NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 10:41am
hmmm will have to look into it now

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 2:54pm
This thread seems to have gone quiet again!! Where is everyone?

Anyway, Kyan had his first visit to the dental nurse today. It was cool, they had so many toys there and the dental nurse got out all the toys that sung and played those for him. She checked all his teeth with the little mirror they have and let him hold one at the same time. His teeth are all good It was really nice actually, and he has to go back same time next year.

The funniest thing just happened, Kyan was wandering around the place and then I heard a very muffled little cry...I ran through the house trying to find where he had gone and eventually found him in our wardrobe! He has a bad habit of having to close doors and he had shut himself in there! Silly boy
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:06am
I have been slack, Sorry girls. DH was sick at then end of last week and Caleb and I have felt rotten the last couple of days. Ahh dont you love how they lock themselves in the weirdest places.

Conrats on winning BOTW Sam, not surprising though being the little cutie she is.

YAY on Kyan's swimming graduation Tash. You must be so proud.

We have 10 teeth at the moment although our molars are only partially through to (2 up top)

We are planning on taking Caleb down to play in the snow in a few weeks time, so that should be interesting, now I just have to get him to keep a hat on his head so he doesn't freeze.
Time is going so fast lately though and I dont know where the time has gone, I can believe it is almost July. Who has been stealing time out from under me??
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 9:26am
Heyas, it's me slack@$$ again! Sorry haven't been popping in. One more week and then I'm on school holidays - how are you guys placed for the week 7-11 July?? Lucky us, we get to go away to Taupo for the second week, it feels like AGES since we've had a family holiday.
I promise to keep popping in, but next year I'll be more dedicated (and it is only 6 months away!) as I'll be going back to being a SAHM well at least a part-time SAHM

Gosh Kaleb only has 6 teeth - 4 up top and the two bottom ones although am sure he's teething again at moment, his gums look red, he's waking/crying in night and has had random temp increases this week

Good on you Tash for joining WW. I was going and managed to get 11kg down from what I was after I had K, but budget wise we need to use the $18/wk on other things just hope I don't balloon up!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 10:38am
OMG, I have been slack lately too. I haven't been coming on OB a lot to be honest though. Miss S is keeping me on my toes!

Kathryn, I will definitely be around for that week and would love to catch up with you guys.

Oh, how exciting that you are going to be a part-time SAHM. Give us the details women!

I have just been looking at the Kmart catalogue toy sale in July and am trying to think what I can layby for Sam for Xmas this year. I haven't really been looking in shops the last couple of months as things have been alot tight so don't really know what to get! What are you looking at for your kids? What do 18 month olds like? I am trying to think 6 months ahead and have no idea! Help???

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 12:04pm
That's great you're up for catch up!! Re next year, I won't go into details just yet....watch this space!
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 10:09pm
I am up for a catch up that week too, I will just need to check with DH what day we are coming up that week.

Is there something you aren't telling us Kathryn

I have been constantly on my toes with our little monkey too. I can't believe he runs me so ragged.

I am trying to plan the presents we are giving everyone for christmas too. We have bought Caleb train table with a little wooden train, but that also has a blackboard and whiteboard on the base when you take the train off. I also have one of those little indoor tents and am thinking of getting him a baby as he is big on cuddling at the moment and it may be helpful for future training So I think we are pretty much set for him, thankfully. Now just to plan for the rest of the family including my DH and brothers birthdays.
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 8:54pm
I was thinking about putting together a dress up box for Kaleb's xmas present. Figure if I start now I might be able to make some (haha) and also get some good bargains in some of the sales esp the $2 shop hats etc. Whatcha think?
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 9:03pm
Kathryn, that is such an awesome idea! Why didn't I think of that.

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 10:14pm
Kathryn that is a fantastic idea, I might have to start working on that idea. Maybe I could give hime a couple of pieces for christmas and then more for his birthday.

So Auckland girls, does anyone who wants to meet up have a preference for day? or does Friday suit?
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 8:20am
Nope, no preference here. I am good for any day except Wednesday    We don't do swimming on Friday's anymore so I'm all good with that

OMG, I saw the cutest little tigger suit on TM. That would definitley have to go in a box for Sam I think! Kathryn, that is such a classic idea you have had! Sam already loves putting hats and scarves on - so it should provide hours of entertainment!

So is anyone else doing any messy play with their kids? I want to but don't really know what to use. She will only eat playdough! Plunket run a messy play group in my area once a week. Maybe I will just pay the $2 and take her to that

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 6:56pm
Well we are halfway through week 1 of work/daycare and so far so good! I was a mess right up till Monday morning but haven't cried all week Work has been pretty good too so that helps, and I'm only there 6 hours or there abouts so the time actually flies.

Kyan cried yesterday morning when I dropped him off but other than that he has settled in sooo well. All of the teachers there have said to me that he is interacting with the kids as though he has been there for weeks, the way he just gets in and plays. Thank goodness he isn't shy like his mummy. They also all have said what a happy, good boy he is so yay, I'm so, so proud of my little man.

The only bad news is that he has only been there 3 days and already has had 2 accident reports, one on the first morning when he'd only been there 2 hours!! The first time he was climbing on an armchair (kid sized one) and fell off, head first onto the floor, and today one of the other kids whacked him in the forehead with a broom I'm pretty sure it was just an accident though. But he's certainly got lots of marks to show for it!

You guys will have to let me know where/when you are meeting up and I will try and get the day off work to join in if thats ok! I am wanting an excuse to take a day off to spend with Kyan anyway
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 8:51pm
Glad to hear you and Kyan are settling in well Tash, not so good about the accident reports though.

I haven't started messy play yet although I really should. I am not really sure how to go about it, might have to give the playdoh a go soon.

I got a text from Kathryn requesting Thursday as they are heading away on friday for their holiday.

So if it suits everyone then how does Thursday sound? Any suggestions for venue?
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 9:35pm
Woohoo Thursday. All good for me
Please Tash, take the day off and come with us

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 10:46pm
Seeing as you asked so nicely Sterryn, I will do my very best! Should be fine as I have a few days annual leave
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 10:33am
YAY Thursday it is then. Oh and yes Tash we would love it if you and Kyan could come too. Now to just think of a fairly centralish for everyone location to meet up.
Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 2:00pm
Funnily enough, this morning the HR lady came and more or less told me I had to take some leave cos I have too much! So I'm sure they'll be fine with me taking Thursday off. Hopefully they don't push too much for me to take the rest as if I get to TTC when I want to, I'll need the leave to cope with the M/S
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>