FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**June 07 Toddlers**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 10:36am
Thats good that Jake is happy with morgan. Must make life a bit easier.

We aren't doing anything about toilet training. Daniel needs more language skills first I think. We aren't even going to consider it until summer and then see where hes at.
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 12:28pm
Spencer has just started, this last week, sometimes telling me when he has been, so we are still a fair way off yet. I'm just praising him heaps when he tells me.

We have just taken the sides of his cot, tried to put him straight into a single bed but it really didn't go well. He slept with the sides off the cot last night though and in a new room, just seeing if he will have a nap. He often won't nap anyway so I won't be surprised if he refuses to. He can't get out of the cot which is quite funny, it's actually lower than all the other things he climbs onto and off but for some reason he seems to think it's miles down to the floor when in actual fact his toes are nearly touching the ground. Quite handy though as I don't need to worry about him climbing out.

He is cutting his last 2 year old molar...yay....Kyle has just cut his first tooth though So I didn't time that very well.

That's great that he is enjoying having a little sister Nikki. The first thing Spencer says when he gets up is "bubba", he can't say Kyle so we've all ended up calling him bubba instead. When DH gets him up though he says "daddy", he very rarely says "mumma"

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 7:24pm

hope spencer has settled into sleeping a big bed and yay for his last tooth coming through. After all the pain Ella has a while ago when her molars where moving around, we have had nothing since so am still waiting for them to come through (although I am hoping they are a while off, as I am feeling so sick at the moment the last thing I can deal with is a teething toddler).

she is having her first sleepover at Mum & Dads tonight. Have just spoken to her on the phone to say good night (I love how I can have converasations with her on the phone). Hopefully it goes well, as I have a feeling we will be needing her to stay there a bit more often now, as I am feeling sooooooo tired and sick at the moment, I just need a bit of a break (and I feel a bit bad for her having to be around sick me all the time).

On a good note, had an early scan on Fri and saw the baby's heartbeat and everything looks good

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Shellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 4:30pm
Hi all, I have been bad and not updating on this part of the forum... Sorry.

I am a week overdue today with this little boy but I am being induced tomorrow so that will be great as I am sick of sitting around being a big fat whale!

Ella is going to be a big sister, very exciting and congrats

Paige is going really well, extremely chatty and like Jake I can understand most of what she is saying. She has gone to big daycare now (over 2's) and her vocab has come along leaps and bounds since then. Potty training is a bit hit and miss, she normally has already gone before going on the potty but daycare are working with her too so it will be interesting to see how it all goes. We have only had one actual wee in it so far.

Well better go and prepare for tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you and your gorgeous toddlers.

Shellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 10:02pm
Hi All, small note to share the news that Kyan Dean arrived on Tuesday 18 August.

Paige is very cute with him (so far) wanting to give kisses and cuddles. On arriving home she wanted to show him all her toys... very cute.

Hope all well with you all.

Shellis

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 6:46pm
Congratulations Shellis Love the name

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 3:12pm

congrat's Shellis and I agree cute name.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 8:50pm
Aww congrats Shellis

Hows the MS Jillian?

I've been so busy with course I still haven't taken Caprece to plunket for her 2 year check up oops Shes taken to TT really well and when shes at home is in undies all day with not many accidents so I might bite the bullet and start taking her to preschool in undies. I'm so stoked she is so easy compared to TT with Jack.

Hope everyone else is well
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 11:46am

The MS is slowly getting better Rachel- the last couple of days I have only thrown up once, so fx that means the medication is finally working. MS and looking after toddlers sux (which I am sure most of you guys know by now).

thats great about Caprece and TT we have still got Ella just doing a wee before and after her bath, but she is so ready to be TT during the day (tells me now when she is doing a wee in her nappy) I just need to get the energy to do it- maybe in a couple of weeks.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 8:49pm
Aww thats good, I was so lucky not to get MS second time around I can't even imagine how bad it would be while looking after a toddler. Are you going to find out the sex of this baby?
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 9:44am

yeah we are planning on finding out. It's nice through, last time I was determined I was going to have a girl- this time around I can honestly say that I don't care whether it's a boy or girl, it's quite a nice feeling

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 11:49am
Last time I was deadset against having a girl so its a good thing I got Jake but I'm the same - not fussed this time round. You're about a month behind me aye Jillian? We're having an anatomy scan in about 3 weeks so hopefully bubba will spread its legs and give us a good, definite view!!! I feel sorry for Jake not having as much of my attention when I'm not feeling well too but I just remind myself he won't remember it lol I have to rest alot coz of minor complications so it means lots of stories. I'm super-glad I've stopped throwing up too!

Jake got a real bad chest infection a few weeks back and we put him back in nappies coz he was too sick to get to the potty and now hes having abit of trouble getting to the potty for #2s but hes back to weeing good. I just let him run round with a bare bum or a pair of undies on and he goes and sits on the potty when he needs to go so maybe you could try that with Ella? Jake can't tell me clearly that he needs to go toilet so when we go out I need to ask him regularly and when he comes and garbles something at me I always ask if its the toilet first and he'll nod if thats what he means.

Hows Spencer doing in his big bed?

Congrats Shellis!! Love the name
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 1:39pm
Yeah he is fine in his bed, well it's his cot with the sides off cos it's one of those ones that turns into a junior bed, he didn't like the actual single bed so I just took it out again. Was quite high and big compared to the cot so maybe that's why he didn't like it.

I think we are still some way off toilet training, he tells me ocassionally when he has been or is going but I think we need to work on the language a bit more first cos at the moment everything is "poos", so am trying to explain the difference between poos and wees and also that nappies are called nappies and not called poos..lol

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 4:04pm
We are starting toilet training in 2 weeks! We are doing some pre-potty training starting today properly though. My friend sent me this freaking awesome book about it from a lady who has toilet trained 300+ kids and it has all her tips and she thinks they don't need huge language skills to learn how to go potty and as she explains it shes so right. Daniel can understands most instrustions so the potty will be no different. Its just learning a new behaviour to replace an old behaviour. The lady who wrote the book TT her boys from the day of their 2nd bday as a right of passage so to speak.. Very cool book.

I'm gonna get DH to read it and come up with our plan of attack and start. I would start next weekend but I'm going to wellys so thats no good. But it gives daniel a chance to get over being sick and then its all on. Which will be good cause he needs to be TT to go to montessori
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 9:49am
I need to start TT soon too ... I tried when he was about 20mths cos he had shown all the signs for a while and would tell me before he poo'd etc .... and we got every poo on the potty when at home for 2 weeks, but they don't help them in the under 2s rm at his daycare unless they are fully TT and ask to go, and he was still in naps when we were out, so go a bit confused and he had a panic about it most of the time (I had to hold him while doing it), plus he didn't get wees in time, so we stopped. He was 2 the week I was due, so was going to try again before then, but being heavily pg it didn't appeal .... now that its getting a bit warmer, and hes been telling me when he wees for a month or so now, I'd better get on with it. Hes only just moving to the over 2s next week too ... they didn't have any room for him earlier. So hopefully seeing all the other kids using the toilets will help, but there was no point starting til he moves.

He is starting to get very annoying with the 20 questions ---- whats this? whats that noise? what happened to that cars wheel? wheres sienna/nanny/daddy? what happened to sams (cat) fluff? where the bubbles gone? what you doing mummy? etc etc .... and over and over and over ..... Its great that we can have conversations and he can tell you exactly what he thinks / likes / wants .... but man, I wish he'd just stop talking for 5mins some days!!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 12:59pm
Lol Nikki, I get "wheres ......gone? and a lot of time i have no idea what the word in the middle is. Also he say "mummy do" a lot but never says what he wants me to do, sometimes he has an object in his hands so i can work it out but other times I have no idea what he is after.

Stacey what is the name of the book? I am keen to get TT now that it's warmer weather and that book sounds cool. I think even though he doesn't have all the language skills he is recognising when he needs to go/ or when he has gone. Would be nice to only have one lot of nappies to deal with.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 1:08pm
Potty training made easy, fast and simple by Johanne Cesar. It's actually an ebook rather than printed.

Daniel knows how to say wees, poos and potty and knows what they all are. In the bath when he gets put in he will go wees (kinda gross I know) and will stand in the water laughing at himself stopping and starting. He also either does poos when he gets put down for a nap or goes and hides behind the dining room table.

We went and got him some undies yesterday. Hes ok about sitting on the potty but wanna get him used to sitting on the toilet over the next couple of weeks (with pants on so just sitting there to begin with) so that hes confident when we start.

Edited by kebakat
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 1:18pm
Yeah well sometimes I wish I didn't know what he wanted, haha (no, not really .... just wish he'd stop telling me constantly what he wants me to do!!)

Jake got really funny about the potty last time we tried cos he likes to poo standing up, so didn't like sitting down on it by the end of the couple of weeks. Not sure how to tackle that?! Stacey - Jake goes and hides when pooing too .... then tells us Morgan / Mummy / Daddy has stinky poos ... but he never has! He has started telling me hes done poos and asking me to change his nap every now and then now - so hes definitely more ready now. I told him yesterday he will have to start doing stinky poos on the toilet like mummy and daddy soon - he told me "me play my cars first mummy"!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 1:25pm
You could try the book I mentioned. They talk about running away to do poos in it. My head is pounding (sinus infection brewing) so I can't be bothered reading to find it but I'm sure she says that when they need to go (Daniel goes and hides at roughly the same time each day) that when you put them on the potty you say something like: potty time! You can play with your cars once you do poos in the potty. Reward first and then what you want them to do.

As for getting him to like sitting on it again what about doing what we are going to do and just doing prepotty training. We are going to put him on the potty a few times a day, and just distract him, he's not going to be required to do anything except sit on it just for like a minute. We will read a book or just talk to him so hes happy just sitting on it and there is no aversion to it. First we will do it with pants on. Then once he thinks its really cool to go sit on the potty we will try pants off, nappy on. Thats our plan for 2 weeks
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 10:05pm
Thats sortof what I did last time ... and he was happy with it at first. I was thinking of maybe going straight to the toilet, so hes going on the big toilet like mummy and daddy. they have toilets at daycare too (little ones) so he will need to get used to them anyway. Hmmm ... I'm really just putting it off right now .... all too hard with a newborn in the house too!

Good luck Stacey! Let us know how you get on.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445>