FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**June 07 Toddlers**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 7:15am
Yeah we are going to try and do the toilet too, will make it easier when we are out and about cause I'm not exactly going to take a potty with me lol
Sponsored Links

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 9:21pm
Yeah I was wondering about that last time I tried .... didn't know if I should leave him in naps when out, take a potty, or stay home til he goes on the loo!!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 9:21am
Yeah, I figured it would be easier to just do it on the toilet to begin with, we have a potty too but now when I say potty time he goes running to the toilet so hes happy with it now. I just need a little stool for him so he can get up by himself lol. Once we start there will be no naps during the day unless we are going out for a very long time I think
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 6:40pm
Have you started yet Stacey?
I got a copy of the book today but haven't managed to read it yet. The boys start going to a carer one day a week on Friday so I'm think I will give that a while cos Spencer is not the most confident boy and it might take him a while to adjust, they went this Friday for 3 hours and it went very well, tears when I left but happy the rest of the time and then he didn't lose it when I came to pick him up so that's good. Don't want to throw too much at him at once and want to make sure I'm properly prepared.
Might sound really odd but out of all the parenting stuff the toilet training is the bit I have been most worried and unsure about, started thinking about when first pregnant I think it's cos I really have no idea what the hell I'm doing, hopefully the book will help.

Things are going really well here, heaps of new words and mini sentences. He's loving being outside, think he would live in the garden given the chance. Some sharing issues going on and he's not always that gentle with Kyle, or us for that matter, oh and the major issue is the throwing, am totally over that! Still you can never stay angry for too long cos they are normally doing something cute 2 secs after being naughty.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 7:12pm
We went to start today but today began with a major meltdown so thought it probably wasnt the best day to start it when everyone has started off in a bad mood. We are great at "potty time" which is when Daniel runs to the toilet and we sit on it pants down for a couple of mins and flushing the toilet is his reward for that. Now I just gotta get him to go wees and poos in it instead of a nappy.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:41pm
I read all the stuff and today thought I would start just getting him use to sitting on the loo and he hates it, totally freaked him out. He's so small as well that I can't just sit him on it I have to hold him otherwise he would fall in. Not sure what to do, did Daniel learn how to balance on the loo? We have a potty so I'm not sure whether to use that instead, but then it could be hassle when we are out and he has to use a proper toilet.
He was happy to flush the toilet once but then when I put him on the loo the second time he didn't want to flush he just wanted to get the hell away from the toilet
I started changing his bum in the bathroom today as well, which he doesn't mind, as I thought as least that way he is in the bathroom so he can't start associating poos and wees with being in there and i thought we could make a big deal about emptying the nappy out and flushing away the poos and wees so that might help with the transition to actually doing them in the loo.

Dunno really, probably need to read the book again

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:46pm

CT- what about using a toddler toilet seat on the normal toilet seat? we got a one from Mitre 10 which we put on the toilet when we need to. didn't cost much from memory.

got made redundant from my job a couple of weeks ago, which really sucks timing wise, as there isn't much point in me looking for a new part-time job now and so I won't get any maternity pay. Oh well, I just need to decide what to do about Ella & daycare now as it's looking like we are going to have to pull her out, which I don't really want to do as she loves going, but might be our only option grrrr

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:56pm
Do you get the childcare subsidy? If not you might be able to claim that now, you can get 9 hours subsidised even if you aren't working, just needs your DH to be working I think, not sure, I have put a claim in as a student so it's a bit different.

With the toilet seat thingy do you take one out with you? or will she use the toilet as is when out? I just worry cos we are out every morning so I need something that is gonna work at coffee group and playgroup and well everywhere, I dont' want to end up trapped at home for months whilst he learns. He would go crazy and so would I

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:04pm

I am not sure about the childcare subsidy. Now that I am feeling a bit better I need to start looking into all that and the WFF and see what we are entitied to.

I haven't started doing the TT while we are out yet, just very (very) casually at home and basically a mixture of potty and toilet. Maybe you could just start off with the seat at home to get him used to the toilet and not scared and then when you both are a bit confident then work on removing the seat and dealing with the toilet when you are out??? I think we are going to concentrate on getting it sorted at home first before dealing with it outside.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:35am
Yeah we have one of those toilet inserts and we have a little stool. When he stays the night at someone elses house it goes with him. We haven't tried when out and about yet.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:54am
Ok, I will get a toilet seat thingy and see how that goes.

Mum2ella the subsidy stuff is on the winz website, if you google childcare subsidy you will get the right page and there is a chart with the thresholds and I think that it's the ird website that you need to work out the WFF stuff.

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 8:09pm

hows the TT going Stacey?

I decided to start getting serious this weekend so she has spent the whole weekend in knickers and has done really well- only a couple of accidents and that was because she couldn't quite make it to the potty in time. Seems a lot easier using a potty, as it is just there in the living room and we don't have to rush to the bathroom. Have also been using marshmallows as a rewards and she loves them- yesterday she woke up from her nap crying because she did a poo in her nappy and knew that meant she couldn't have a marshmallow, poor little thing had tears going down her face because she was so upset. Luckily today she seems to cope with it alright and just told me 'next time Mummy Ok'.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 12:14pm

TT update. it is going really well. Very few accidents and now 99% of the time will tell me when a wee is coming. She even managed to do a wee at daycare on the toilet, which I was quite proud about. Poo's have been a different story, but I think in the last day or so we have reached a breakthough and this morning for the first time she told me that a poo was coming and sat down on the potty to do it. Think next week I might try her on the toilet

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 8:44am
Good stuff with Ellas TT!! Jake got an intestinal bug similar to Giardia so spent the last 3 - 4 weeks with lots and lots of runny poos so hes back in nappies fulltime. Its starting to settle now and hes asking to go on the toilet again and I'm looking forward to having him back in knickers!
I used the potty in the lounge to start with too and he slowly started asking for the actual toilet after watching daddy (poor DP lol) but the balancing hurt his legs so we got a padded seat to fit in the normal seat and he happily sits up there now - very comfy. When we go out I just ask him regularly and if its been half an hour since he last sat on the toilet I'll just take him to the closest loo and pop him on. If we're in town there are the little toddler toilets in the parents rooms otherwise I'll just hold him forwards so his legs don't get too sore. I take 2-3 changes of pants but normally we were getting through our outings accident-free or with one change.
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 8:19pm

Poor Jake being sick.

I think I am going to start moving the potty to the bathroom and get her used to going there, and then start working on the toilet. Whenever we are out, she just holds it in until we get home- seriously impressed with her badder control.

She also got sick of the marshmallows, so doesn't ask for them anymore (I was a bit worried about how I was going to wean her off them).

Ah...just noticed your ticker babe. Congratulations on the boy I have got my scan in 2 weeks time- can't wait to find out the sex. Everyone is convienced its a boy, but we will see.....

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 7:45pm
Thanks his names Tyler and he's already a heartbreaker
Everyone was convinced he was a girl so wouldn't take much notice of them lol must only be a few days til your scan now - I'll havta go stalk the March/April threads

Toilet training not going as fantastically as before but mainly coz I'm not really onto it. With renos and family crap and of course being preg its hard staying on top of it all atm.
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:28pm

Hope everyone (and their toddlers are well).

Are all the toddlers getting excited about Christmas? Ella is so much more into this year- she 'helped' us put up the Christmas tree last weekend and decided that one of the Santa decorations was her toy and now brings it with her everywhere. She also loves Christmas songs- Jingle bells & I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus are her favourites. She is still a little bit unsure about Santa- she says she loves Santa (but that is because she now realises that Santa is going to bring her presents), but when she sees Santa at the shopping mall she goes all shy. We have her daycare xmas party this Friday so will be interesting to see how she is around Santa (last year she started crying as soon as he appeared).

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2010 at 3:15pm
Hey everyones been quiet on here!

Not long til 3rd bdays *sob sob* my little boy is growing up! Whats in the pipelines for pressies?? We've got Jake a tramp and gonna get him a motorbike for his action man. Not sure what else if anything at this point.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2010 at 3:25pm
We are going to get him a bike, he has his cheapo warehouse trike but I wanna get him a proper bike with trainers. And then maybe just some new crayons and pens for him just to have something to open up.

Definitely gonna have a party this year though. We didn't do one last year.
3xMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3xMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2010 at 6:33pm
Hi everyone

Gosh, been ages since I checked this thread! Hope all is well with everyone

Congratulations to those that have had bubs since
We've got 9 weeks to go til our wee girl is due, I'm sooo looking forward to meeting her!
Stacey, you must be going for a scan soon? I can't believe you're nearly 12wks!!!

Yeah 3 yrs olds It's gone so fast! Our wee girl is due a week before Lucas' 3rd b'day so I need to get onto his presents soon. I don't want him missing out because I'm busy with bubs. We're thinking of getting him a bike with trainer wheels too this year. He just loves following Minardi around when she's biking!
I doubt we'll have a party this year, maybe just the usual morning tea?!

Thought I'd share a current pic of my boy...

Well I guess I better dish up dinner, maybe chat with you all soon
Jess
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 42434445>