FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s in the crockpot today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 4:51pm
Perfect, thanks
Mum to two wee boys
Sponsored Links

MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2010 at 2:47pm
We had a yummy crock pot yesterday, just me throwing in a few odds and sods - 500g beef, one carrot and one parsnip and an onion, with a sauce of two tablespoons of bisto powder, grated fresh ginger, crushed garlic, a teaspoon of curry powder, couple of good shakes of worsteshire sauce, teaspoon or two of brown sugar and water. i left it to marinate overnight then cooked on low for about 8 hours..yum!
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 3:44pm

Lamb rack from the supermarket, maggi lamb casserole mix, follow directions.
Wahla!

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:53pm
just bumping this thread as my crock pot is my new best friend so off to get some new ideas for it

charlotteandhuntersmummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 3:00pm
I'm doing maggi lamb rack but only had mutton..... Hopefully it won't taste like a tough old gum boot lol
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 1:33pm
Crockpot is getting a workout this week!

Yesterday was pea and ham soup - ham hock, onions, carrots, celery, split peas, potatoes and water.

Today have onions, carrots, garic, preserved lemon, cumin seeds, saffron, green olives and chicken in it - to have with cous cous.
ChildsPlay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChildsPlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 10:33pm
First time Crockpot success..

We had: Bolar, 1/4 cup soy, 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, 3 crushed garlic, 3 TBS honey, 3 TBS tomato sauce, 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice. Served on rice with beans..

Everyone loved it and having leftovers tomorrow night. Will serve on top of mashed kumara with shredded cabbage.
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 5:33pm
Vegie soup with plenty of grated vegies (parsnip, carrot and swede), onion and celery. Added some shredded chicken and curry powder, salt n pepper.

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 11:25am

Jamie Olivers chilli con carne...should do several meals in different forms!

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2011 at 10:31am
Corned Beef going in!

Guest_70282 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_70282 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by fairsk8 fairsk8 wrote:

A whole chicken, with a Tbsp Soy sauce for colour and some whole garlic cloves. Smells yummy!!

Will roast some vege to go with it. And have chicken gravy as well.

Well,sounds really good.
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 6:08pm
I have the Alison & Simon Holst slow cooker book, I made the chicken & spinach curry the other night and it went down a treat with my picky (& delicate to spice)DH...even the kids ate some!
I love the bacon wrapped fruit stuffed chicken recipe from that book too!!
Might throw a self-saucing choc pudding in the crockpot tomorrow
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:36pm
Just thought I'd dig out this thread again!

I've got a whole chook in there on a bed of leeks with garlic salt as the only seasoning. Am going to put on the rice cooker as well so dinner solved.

Then I'm going to throw in a packet of Pams soup mix (only one that appeared to not have preservatives) and hopefully that'll mean I'll have soup to store
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:27am
Malay Beef curry from the Holst cookbook, but with chicken.
I put it all in a bowl last night and chucked it in the cooker this morning.

According to DH it's smelling pretty good!

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by mumoftwins mumoftwins wrote:

I have the Alison & Simon Holst slow cooker book, I made the chicken & spinach curry the other night and it went down a treat with my picky (& delicate to spice)DH...even the kids ate some!

That spinach curry is a favourite in our house!

As is the Laksa recipe that's in their latest book.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:41am
Can anyone reommend anything from the Allyson Gofton cookbook?
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:32am
OMG my soup was wicked....rather thick seeing I put the whole packet in but it's like a concentrate & add a little water & salt & it's so yummo
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:20am
Glad this thread has been revived!! I have that cook book too so I am going to have to try the spinach curry - the idea of it never appealed so will have to taste and see!
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Hibiscus Hibiscus wrote:

Can anyone reommend anything from the Allyson Gofton cookbook?

Which cookbook have you got, I think they've got a few books. The recipes I've mentioned above are all from them.
Oh and a Beef and Mushroom stew is awesome too
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 5:47pm
i an glad this thread has been revived too
susie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>