FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s in the crockpot today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 6:59pm
Nothing wrong with corned beef Tishy! Yum!

And your beef casserole sounds yummy Flissty, very creative.

I must have a look at the Alison Holst book...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:34pm
It was extra nice tonight as I remembered to buy English Mustard when shopping yesterday

I've bought the cookbook, just haven't done anything from it yet. Must start researching
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by susieq susieq wrote:

Trying Cassies Casserole from the Alison Holst book

That was a real hit in our house.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 11:56am
I'm trying chicken with canned tomatoes, can of watties tomato based pasta sauce, celery, green pepper and a bit of cajun seasoning. Have no idea what I'm doing but that was what was in the cupboard / fridge!!
JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 11:57am
I tried something new (for me) in our crockpot last night and it was YUM.
I had a bolar roast to cook so did a quick search on the internet for ways to cook it. I had no idea you could cook it in a crock pot.....here was the recipie (if you can call it that).

Put the roast in a oven bag.
Instead of putting flour in the bag, use a packet of onion soup mix
seal the bag....dont pierce it
cook on high for 2 hours.

I had to pierce the bag after a while cos it was lifting the lid on the cooker.
Also, I put it on low for about another hour.
It was delicious...and I didn't have to clean the pot cos the bag kept everything clean.

Oh and the gravy was really yummy too.
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:38pm
Cassie's Casserole from Alison Holst was yum and tonight i have spagetti sauce in mine
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 6:02pm
We had stew today - steak, potatoes and carrot cut up all chunky. With onion too.   Mmmmm was so good.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:44pm
oh how do you make crock pot rice pud? YUM

these all sound great! i think ill be using ours much more often! has anyone tried the porrdige recipe yet? how many people did it serve?
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by arohanui arohanui wrote:

We had stew today - steak, potatoes and carrot cut up all chunky. With onion too.   Mmmmm was so good.

What did you use as your gravy sauce stuff?
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 9:47pm
i made steamed pudding in ours tonight,.....yum.
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 8:30am
oh yum, how did you do that lizzle?
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:08pm
I am loving all these crock pot ideas as I heard on the radio this morning that Crockpots are a power saver
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 9:08pm
I made a regular steamed pudding recipe in a small bowl. put a cover on it. Then put in the crockpot . poured two cups of cold water around the bowl - in the crockpot bowl. left for six hours.
came back and yum!

from alison holst book
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:14am
Oooh I might try that Liz! I never make steamed pudding coz I don't have a bowl that can be boiled, but I could use a pyrex dish in the slow cooker couldn't I?

I've got Thai Green Curry in ours again today (diced chicken, broccoli, carrot and a jar of Thai Green Curry sauce) which we'll have with pasta or rice. Tomorrow I'm gonna do corned beef.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 2:48pm
How do I make sure my chicken doesn't go too dry? I did chicken with plenty of sauce in it the other day but the chicken felt a bit dry by the end. Is 8 hours on low too long for chicken??
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 12:25pm
Depends what cut of chicken, I'd do breasts or pieces for about 5 hours on low but I've never done a whole chook.

Perfect crockpot weather today, rainy and windy and wild, have put the corned beef in with some malt vinegar and brown sugar, yummy!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 12:52pm
oh yum!

we did the crockpot porridge for breakfast it was really good!
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by .Mel .Mel wrote:

Originally posted by arohanui arohanui wrote:

What did you use as your gravy sauce stuff?

Maggi cook in the pot 'Beef Bourguignon' and then i added bisto too, so there was lots of yummy gravy stuff. It makes it really nice. DH said it was the best stew made ever in the history of mankind (bless him).

I want to know how to make this rice pudding too... I LOVE rice pudding.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:46pm
I think theres a recipe in Alison Holsts book for Rice Pudding, did you want me to find it and post it here? I've got nothing else to do until 4pm
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 3:06pm
yes please!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>