FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s in the crockpot today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:00pm
Jacket potatoes and how do you do the veg and beef bone soup ?
Sponsored Links

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:15pm
Nothing!!!! We're of the the IL's for dinner tonight, yah I don't to cook - or do dishes!

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:44am
Gunna put in silverside with parsnip and carrots how much water do i need and how long on slow or high do i cook it for (unfrozen just sent someone to buy me a fresh bit) Its been ages since i used a slow cooker so ive forgotten i just made my mum hunt hers out so i can help with tea around here.
ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 11:52am
I put enough water in to go half way up the corned beef but then I never add veges so don't know if that makes a difference. Always add some golden syrup as well and used to put peppercorns and bayleaf in but have got too lazy.
ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 11:53am
Forgot to add time - if you're putting it on now I'd probably do an hour or two on high then turn it down to low.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 1:59pm
Thanks for that
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:14am
Beef Goulash in mine
Cook in the Pot mix with steak, potatoes, carrot, onion, bacon and garlic

I'm going to try the Beef Olives one too
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:46am
I'm doing Alison Holsts Chilli Con Carne. It was a hit last time I made it.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 10:07am
Anyone got anything nice to do with chicken? (whole)
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 12:33pm
I've got corned beef in mine and later on will add some veges, yummy can't wait for dinner tonight
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 6:20pm
Yes I do Liz, but it's probably too late now...
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 7:12pm
we had a beef casserole tonite
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 7:56pm
We had mutton hotpot Everyone else raved about how yummy it was. I had cheese sandwiches
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 8:51pm
mine was yum... it was beef, onion, carrots, beans, potato and a pack of lamb casserole mix, tomato sauce and garlic and pepper... of course i will prob never be able to duplicate it...

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:21pm

Tomorrow mine will have venison (deer) in it.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 1:22pm
I've got a Cassies Casserole in, though I hope it turns out ok cos we didn't have any curry powder...

Mel I would love a nice chicken crockpot recipe for tomorrow - we have 3 whole chickens sitting in the freezer (can you tell they were on special?!).
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 2:04pm
Liz, I just coat the outside of the chicken with oil and herbs and pop it in the crockpot on high for 6-8 hours. It comes out yummy!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by arohanui arohanui wrote:

Mel I would love a nice chicken crockpot recipe for tomorrow - we have 3 whole chickens sitting in the freezer (can you tell they were on special?!).

Roast Whole Chicken with a Spicy Paprika Rub
Cook on High 4-8 hours

1 whole chicken
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp curry powder (you'll need to get some!!)

1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp celery salt
Sprigs of fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, marjoram, sage etc)

Turn the slow cooked on to HIGH and coat with non-stick spray. Wash and dry the chicken inside and out. Trim off any excess fat from the body cavity, and the neck skin if necessary. Rub the chicken all over with the oil. In a small bowl or saucer, mix together the next six ingredients and coat the chicken with it as evenly as possible, (it should be possible to use all the mixture). Put whatever fresh herbs you have in the body cavity.

Place the chicken carefully into the prepared slow cooker and put on the lid (this recipe has no liquid added). Cook on HIGH. Both the legs and the breast are just cooked after 4 hours, well cooked after 6 hours, and are falling off the bone (but still delicious) after 8 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes and veges.

NOTE: Do not use stuffed chicken for this recipe, since stuffing slows down the cooking of the meat on the body and means that the bird cooks unevenly. The heat that circulates around the unstuffed bird ensures even cooking. (the few herbs placed in the body cavity before cooking do no affect heat transfer).
From Alison Holst

Roast Whole Chicken, jointed
Cook on High 4-8 hours

1 large whole chicken
1 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic, onion or celery salt (we use garlic salt)

Turn slow cooked on to high and coat with non-stick spray. Wash and dry the chicken inside and out. Trim away any excess fat from the body cavity, and the neck skin if necessary. Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil and flavoured salt and rub it all over the chicken.

Place the chicken in the slow cooker, breast up, and put on the lid. (no liquid added). Cook on High.

This recipe also suggest ways of cutting up the chicken once it's cooked....we've used this recipe a few times.
From Alison Holst

Whole Honey Soy Chicken
Cook on Low for 8-9 hours

2 lemons
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Whole Chicken
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1/4 cup honey

Cut 4-6 deep slashes in one of the lemons, then stuff the lemon and the garlic cloves (they don't even need to be peeled) inside the bird.

Thoroughly coat the cooker bowl with non stick spray, add the chicken and turn the cooker onto LOW.

Combine the soy sauce, honey and juice of the remaining lemon in a small bowl. Stir to mix, then pour the sauce over the chicken.

Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours. For a dark even glaze, spoon some of the cooking liquid over the bird every now and then, especially during the last hour or so.
From Alison Holst.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:54pm
Thanks Tishy... and Mel you are a star for typing all those recipes up!! Yay now I have lots to choose from, thanks heaps. I think I'm gonna do the honey soy chicken tomorrow.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 6:17pm
Mmmmm chicken! We have a couple of whole chooks too, might do one tomorrow.

We had sweet and sour pork in ours today.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>