FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedreciped needed for pizza dough

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reciped needed for pizza dough
    Posted: 17 June 2008 at 10:38am
i need a recipe, and i dont have a packet yeast i have the loose stuff, so will need a conversion

Sponsored Links

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:23pm
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 low fat milk

mix together to form a soft dough.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:36pm
isnt that a scone dough recipe?

cant do that one as kent doesnt like scones or bases that taste like them...

Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:45pm
This may not be any use, as its made in the breadmaker...
1T yeast ( I use the surebake stuff)
3C flour
1tsp sugar
2T olive oil
1C warm water
Done on white dough cycle. When done, pull & push dough onto tray or dish,, add toppings and cook 15-20 min at 230C.

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:54pm

I make dough with:

1/2 t sugar

1/2 c tepid water

1 1/2 t dried yeast

Mix the sugar in the water until dissolved and then sprinkle the yeast on top.  Leave for 10 mins until yeast is foaming.

1 c highgrade flour

1/2 t salt

1T olive oil

In a bowl mix the flour and salt, make a well in the centre and add the olive oil and yeast mixture.  Mix together then turn out onto a floured board and knead.

Shape dough into a ball, place in an oild bowl and leave covered in a warm place until mixture rises (about 1 hour).

Roll out into pizza shape, top as desired and cook.

Lol, just realised I make this far too often since I know the recipe of by heart

Edited by MrsMojo
surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 1:00pm
This is my absolute fail safe, no rise time, no breadmaker, recipe.

PIZZA BASE

Let me know if you like it!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 1:40pm
I use the one in the Edmonds cook book and is is awesome. I have lost my book tho so can't give it you.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:15pm
awesome thanks guys....was going to do pizza tonight, but realised i didnt have enough cheese, so will do it on the weekend

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:21pm
i put sugar, and yeast in with some tepid water. leave. add some oil, high grade flour and an egg (this makes it quite bouncy). mix, knead and leave IN THE FRIDGE. For about five hours. it WILL rise, but does so more slowly which makes the dough chewier with a nicer flavour and more authentic texture.

i have a pizza stone and tend to make a few pizzas.
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 8:18am

Originally posted by surfergirl surfergirl wrote:

PIZZA BASE

I decided to deviate from my normal pizza dough and make surfergirls recipe in the weekend.  It was really good and so easy!  I also added some garlic and italian herbs to the dough - mmmmm!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 5:05pm

PIZZA BASE

i'm doing this tonight! my first ever attempt at making a pizza dough (other than a scone one).

amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 7:56pm
This recipe is also fab :) yum yum
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

PIZZA BASE

i'm doing this tonight! my first ever attempt at making a pizza dough (other than a scone one).

YUMMMMMM!!!! it was a hit with the whole family. when my husband came home the kids were so proud to tell daddy that mummy had made pizza, including the base! and so easy and quick to make!

Post Reply Post Reply