FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMeals for friends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meals for friends
    Posted: 22 June 2008 at 4:59pm
Hi
Am stuck for inspiration. I normally try to drop off a meal to friends who have had a new baby etc. I seem to always to just make a casserole but would love some different ideas of things that are not to hard to make and don't need to be in heaps of different dishes.
What kind of things do you make for that situation?
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:04pm
When Deborah had Eden I took them... McDonalds Naughty I know!

But in the past I've done pasta bakes, roast chicken and veg, bolognaise and butter chicken.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:16pm
Yeah pasta bakes are good. My mum bought over tons of roast veges for us which reheats really well.
blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:34pm
Lasanga (prob spelt wrong) or pasta dishes

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:35pm
I third that idea of some sort of pasta dish... easy to make and an all in one dish.. Great for new mums needing carbs for milk production and all that..
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 7:09pm
Pasta dishes - great idea! Thanks. Nice and easy and like you say filling for breast feeding Mums. Will do that for my friend this week.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 7:46pm
Home made pie and ambrosia was our fave meal we were ever given
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:06pm
I always make lasagne lol

Really easy, esp with the ready made pasta - that doesn't need cooking. Then they can heat it up when they need it - or freeze it if need be.

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:28pm
What sort of pie was it busy mum?
Didn't you do well getting ambrosia.

Edited by katie1
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 12:16pm
Mmmm, ambrosia!

*runs off to see if she has any marshmallows in teh cupboard*
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 3:22pm
Bolognaise or apricot chicken are my usuals for that! I just take along a pack of rice or spagetti to go with them.
Andie
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 3:26pm

Someone baked my DH a bacon and egg pie and bought me a block of chocolate.

I was sick last time a friend had a baby and when I was well enough to visit I took a bag full of the signature range frozen meals (risotto, macaroni cheese and lasagne flavours).  The friend before that I made butter chicken.

Shepherds pie is always a hit in our house.

Edited by MrsMojo
ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 5:18pm
Soup and fresh bread. Nothing wrong with a good old casserole or lasagne though - especially at this time of the year.
Making a meal is the nicest possible thing anyone could do for me (apart from cleaning, washing, ironing .....)
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 8:23pm
Lasagne and soup. Now I' ve discovered nice crockpot recipes, I'd do them too.
Mum to two wee boys
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 1:24pm
What about a lovely Vege Soup - soup always goes down well and so easy in the crock pot

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 6:33pm
Quiche (with veges etc), I ws given one & was great for something quick at lunch time so I didn't go too long without eating during the day
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 6:43pm
hmmm we are having quiche for dinner tonight, yummy. Ill just DH to make lots of quiches hehe.
 Post Reply Post Reply