FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly/August 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 59>
Author
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:22am
She will stop Mel, Kylah done it for 2 weeks tops, now shes stopped. Has she got her first top tooth?
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Sponsored Links

MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 11:10am

Yeah it just came through the other day and straight away shes grinding it! It sounds yuck.

Will her teeth be ok? Its so loud!! You would think it'd hurt her new teethies!

Edited by MelanieAndBree
Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 11:14am
Yeah i thought so too, Kylahs teeth are fine. People kept commenting on her grinding her teeth but one day she just stopped. She will be ok hun!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 11:25am

Alright, thanks! hehe. 

Ugh, its like the grossest sound!!

Well i better go i guess! I so dont want to drive allt he way to auckland!

Melanie.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 4:35pm

Hey everyone

I'm so tired.  Jett's waking numerous times in the night at the moment.  I'm wondering if this new lump is hurting him, or agitating him & waking him up.  He's getting even more demanding with BF and wants both sides when he wakes up.  Grrr.  He sees the paed tomorrow, so I can't wait for that to see what he thinks about his new lump.   I rang a formula company today wanting a sample of goats milk, but they didn't do one, they said Karicare do one though, so I must ring them.  I'm wanting Jett off the boob & onto a milk that won't upset the eczema.  Also Dh & I are going away for a night for our anniversary next month & I don't want to have a baby in tow!  I need a break, so need him onto a formula.

Rico's settling into school really well.  He plays rugby & soccer at playtime, so comes home with grubby pants.  I'll be expecting a hole in the knee soon.  His sooky-ness has settled down a lot as well, so hardly any tears now.  I think he's coping supurbly with being at school all day, and not having a sleep.

Nice to hear from you Shell, and Chonni.  I can't imagine how tired/exhausted you must be Shell with being sick, pg & working!!!  Hats off to ya.

Exciting about your future move, Nikki.  Guess it'll be all go in your house with packing up!

Hi to everyone else.  I gotta scoot for now.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 5:04pm
hi all
im having a sulky day today!

NOVEL!!!

dh still has his health issues so is in heaps of pain, and doesnt concentrate properly
anyway
besides our business he has a 8-5 heavy machinery service manager job hes had for 8yrs with a mate of his, wich basicly hes ONLY stayed on at to help his friend out as they cant find anyone else
anyway . .
dh and his friend have been at each others throats for months now and today his mate turned around and said dh was on his last warning or by monday hes out of there! i was like OMG WTF did you do and dh said he doesnt even know that his mates been saying $hit like that for weeks
dh is really down now and he just wont snap out of it, and to top it off a friend of ours mrs just announced on the weekend she was pregnant. they havnt been togeather very long and i say good on them but 1 of the boys who flats with the girl started mouthing off calling her every name under the sun and got really harsh behind her back and dh told me , so my big mouth i mentioned it to her as was a bit concerned about her living in the house with him as he is a really nasty piece of work when he has a opinion on something.
so she hit up dh's friend who totally went nuts at her , then he went nuts at dh too for telling me so now dh and his other mate arnt talking
and its coz of me
but i say if he (DH'S FRIEND) didnt want people to hear it he shouldnt have said it at all.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 5:05pm
mellin her teeth will be fine
its grinding adult teeth that damages them

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 12:31pm
Hey ladies, I have not been around, trying to break my internet addiction but I decided i enjoy you guys too much to stop
Happy birthday to all those who have reached 1, it is such a scary thought. Life is mad with us at the moment, calving is always nuts but it is even worse on a new conversion but our staff are all going great thank goodness and everyone seems happy so that is most of the battle. We will be taking them for a night out once we survive calving. DH is working all hours about 5 am till 8pm and is really missing spending time with Lachie. But that is life.
We had a great birthday, very spoilt boy. I will post some pics. He is walking - growing up far too fast! He is down to just one boob feed in the evening. Since I have been on he has been in hospital for a night- he got dehydrated with a vomiting bug and now he has an ear infection. So he has gone from never being to the Dr to hard work this month but he seems to be over the worst of it and he slept through properly last night! Thank goodness. I have done a couple of days relieving at the local high school, was hard being away all day. But he is starting 2 half days at day care soon so that will be good becuase he has just started going through a really clingy stage - hopefully not for long.
Anyway I have been thinking of you all and I am looking forward to catching up with your news.

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:13pm

Great to hear from you again Jessica.

Well we had our scan today....all good and its a ....

healthy baby!  (you will have to wait another 20 odd weeks for more info on that one).  It was a bit sad as I had to say goodbye to my OB as we are moving and wont be using her.  Will see my MW once more before we leave.  So now I have to sort out a new MW and poss OB.  She recommended I dont birth in a primary unit so it looks like Dunners will be for us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:30pm

Hi Jessica!  Lovely to have you back, I was wondering how you're doing.

Wow, just had a rough morning.  Only just got home from the hospital.  Jett's appointment was at 10:50am to see the paed.  I allowed 1/2 an hr to get over there & get to the outpatients clinic.  As usual there was NO parking in the carpark at the hospital.  The parking there is pathetic and everyone parks illigally pretty much.  I decided to park off the road on a grass verge, instead of parking down the hill which would mean a trek with the 2 kids, and being late to the appt.  I knew once I'd parked I'd have trouble getting the car out, and probably get stuck in the mud.  Made it into the clinic 2 mins before my appt time - but had to wait 40 mins to be seen by the paed!  I should've in hindsight parked down the hill and been late, as it wouldn't have mattered. 

I see the Paed who says Jett will have to go back to Waikato to get the abscess drained, and they would check this time for Crohn's.  He said they'd give me a call - so no definate time!  Although it's pretty urgent to get this new abscess drained, so I should hear from them pretty soon.

I get out to the car, load the kids in, start the engine, and the car won't move.  I knew it!  I called Dh who was around that part of town thankfully, so said he'd come get me out.  I noticed as I was waiting, that another mum with 2 young kids (a newborn & toddler) who'd parked behind me, was trying to get her hand through a small gap in the car window.  I gathered she'd locked her keys in the car.  I went over to see her, and sure enough - she said in her hurry to get to her appt, she'd locked her keys in.  She said she had no one to call either (which I think is really sad!)  I said my husband was on the way & could probably help her out.  In the meantime, a retired couple had seen us wondering around our cars with our kiddies & stopped to ask if we were ok.  The guy managed to get some wire off a fence nearby & get the mum's keys out, just as DH was arriving to help me.  So once the mum moved her vehicle - Dh was able to back my car out.  Yay.  Just as I was leaving, a car next to where I'd parked, that clearly looked stuck in the mud as well - the owner came out & was standing around scratching his head wondering how to get his car out.  I was thinking maybe Dh could tow them out, but my thoughts took over with picking some McD's up for lunch for the trip home, knowing I'd be stuck in traffic most-likely and it was past 12pm.  Traffic in Tga city is attrocious at the moment with roadworks, and so many cars around.  When I was in the drive-through, Dh called me to say he'd helped the guy who's car was stuck, to get out.  So that was nice of him.  He said he was paying it forward - as Dh got suck in mud at the rugby game on saturday, and another guy came along & towed him out.

So it's been a nightmare of a day already!  Jett fell asleep on the way home, so hasn't had any lunch, bar a few chippies.  And I have to go & pick Rico up in an hour.  It's bee rush-rush all day!!

Now I'm seriously thinking about writing to Tga hospital or the council to get them to put Parents with Young Children parking in the carpark.  They have LOADS of disability carparks which are never all used up, so I think they need to do something for parents with babies.  I thought before when visiting the hospital how bad the need is for more parking, but now I feel I have to write & say something!

Sorry the novel.  Hope you've all had a better day than mine!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:43pm
Great news NZpiper, how exciting. I have missed lots, where are you moving to?

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Jessica Jessica wrote:

Great news NZpiper, how exciting. I have missed lots, where are you moving to?

Cromwell,  you havent missed much, we only found out on Monday.  WE move in 3 weeks!

Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:50pm
Oh my goodness you are going to have a busy 3 weeks! have fun packing etc

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 8:22pm
I don't envy you Nikki, having done a big shift myself mid-pregnancy! Hope you sort a MW and OB ok.

Hope Jett's abscess gets sorted soon. I think parking in ALL hospitals is crap . Honestly, they build a new hospital next to our current one in CHCH and don't even allow for any more parking. How dumb is that??!! And now they have raised the prices of the parking building so its more than the normal city council meters. Like visitors/patients don't have enough to deal with! And don't get me started on the staff parking, of which there is practically none and us nurses have to wait 3 years to even put our name down for the staff car park!

Right, having got that off my chest......

Hmmm, oh, I think Bella is in the process of cutting down to one nap. When she went from 3 to 2 she went through a stage of not sleeping at all (or very little) and now she is doing the same. You can tell she's tired around 10ish but you can't get her down, but she'll fall asleep in the car no prob (like today) then when you go to put her down in the afternoon (being pretty sure that she is near to exhausted after rubbing her eyes and yawning!) she sleeps for a total of one hour and then commences to scream the place down because she's still tired. Hopefully this doesn't last long as I was enjoying being able to take a catnap while she slept!!

We have also turned her round in her car seat. Its quite nice to actually see her now and I think she likes it way more (being a sticky beak and all) as she usually starts whining after 5 mins in the car, but today (apart from when she was asleep ) she was content sitting there and looking.

Hi Jessica, wow Lachie walking. Bella is still no where near walking - she has only just started to stand independently.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 10:21am

I moved when i was preggers and i didnt have to lift a finger. lol!!

Okay so we have another August bubba on its way!! My mate was Induced yersterday morning due to liver and kidney probs. I am waiting on any news and im getting really really impatient lol!! She was due the 23rd

Melanie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 5:41pm

Hey girls, how's everyones day been?  Had a laxed one here.  My sister popped in for lunch, but  nothing else exciting happened.

Jett is booked in next Thursday, for surgery on this new abscess.  Now they're going to check for Crohns.  I hope it nothing as serious as that, that's causing these damn abscesses, but I would like a solution, as it's getting rediculous!  I'm really upset too, as DH goes in for knee reconstruction surgery (in a private hospital in Tga thankfully) on Wednesday, so I won't be there for him on Thursday.  I'll take him to hospital on Wednesday, but his mum will have to pick him up on Thursday.  So my dad is coming with me to Waikato. 

Melln, how is it having your mum home with you, and has your friend had her baby yet?  It's always exciting when a close friend has a baby, eh!

Well I'm in the middle of cooking tea, so better go check on it.  BBL.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 9:35pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!

hi everyone. wow italiah, poor you and Jett i hope they get to the bottom of whats causing them.
and id be writing to the hospital !
they booked him in really quick for surgery, which is good.

dh and friend are still at eachothers throats no idea why! no1 has any idea.

mellin hows your mum?? did your friend have her baby??

my dad came over today and dropped off a present for jett, and my cousin dropped one off to which anoyed me a bit as we were really close and then she got this stuck up really arogant boyfriend so now shes too good for anyone else, shes sarahs godmother so on her bday last week i put a card and present and a invite to jetts party on the doorstep and txt her too, and didnt hear anything! not even a thanks!
and then she drops a present off for jett (which is nice) she knew dam well i wouldnt be home at that time too! which i think is what anoyed me the most.

anyway
im soooooo tired
1 of my friends whos getting married in janannounced yesterday shes pregnant!! due 2 weeks after her wedding! lol

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:01am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY   JETT

awwwww i cant believe hes 1 already. he woke up and saw this big winnie the pooh happy birthday thing on the wall and started giggling

Edited by CatzKids

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 10:07am

Jett have a wonderful birthday today
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 12:14pm
Happy birthday bubbas!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 59>