FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly/August 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 59>
Author
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 6:06pm
thanks jessica
well dh had his op thismorning at 10 and the doc was fantastic once they got in to do what they had to do they managed to save 1 of the boys (if ya get what i mean) so we can still have more kids, dh was soooo stoked

have a great new year everyone, were just having a quiet 1 at home dh is still in auckland but were going up there tomorrow.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Sponsored Links

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 6:18pm
Aww that's fantastic news, Cat!!  Bet you're both stoked about that and will make for a great way to start the NY!  What a good Doc.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 7:06pm
Great news! Roll on 2010

Our con-joined boys 20 wk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 5:41pm

Hey everyone

How's everyone doing?

Cat - is your Dh home now?  Hope he's recovery well after the op!

Kandice - how is the pregnancy going?

So I'm still pregnant.  Over it.  Had a very niggly week and seriously would've thought baby would've been here by now!

Oh Jett's having a meltdown, gotta go!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 4:05pm
CONGRATULATIONS ITALIAH!!!! & FAMILY

yep dh is home and was fine a few days after & straight back to work, :(

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 2:17pm
Thanks cat!!!  So good to have her here, and not be pregnant anymore, especially with this heat lately!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:36pm

omg Hello anyone??  Haha I had to search out for this thread, it went AWOL!

How is everyone and all the nearly 3 yr olds??????  Crazy they're all nearly three!

I just thought I'd update with Jett.... he's started seeing a speech therapist.  Just once so far and she pretty much was just assessing him.  Sounds positive though, he definitely comprehends everything (which i pretty much knew).  Also he's starting kindy one morning a week from next week.  I'll up the times he goes once he's 3 and I get the 20 free hours.  For now I have to pay $20 for his one morning session.  I know he'll love it!  Not TT yet.  He was having too many accidents so I've kept him in nappies for now.  He surprises me sometimes and puts himself on the toilet after taking his nappy off, and will go toilet before having a bath.  He knows what to do, but think he's a little lazy when he's got undies on.  It's not a novelty when he has to use the toilet EVERYTIME he has to go wee's/poo's.  But we'll get there.  I think I was very lucky to have Rico TT at 2 yrs 3 months and Gia was about the same, though she was out of nappies completely by the time she was 3, Rico was still wearing a night nappy til he went to school.

Anyway that's about all that's happening with Jett that I can think of for now.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:02pm
Hello! Nice to 'see' you! Can I ask why Jett is seeing a speech therapist, is he talking a bit or not at all? Jaymie has been a bit slow to talk and only recently started stringing more than one word together. In fact her first sentence was 'My turn Mum!' and I've heard it alot since then! Now she talks non stop but most of her words are not formed properly. I wonder if I should be giving it more attention? Also I spend alot of time trying to teach her to count but she insists on just repeating 'two, five, two, five' over and over. I kind of figured that she will get there in the end, but I'd hate to miss something that might be important. I guess I have learnt to be a bit laid back as she did not walk until she was... 2 yrs 3 mths old!!! She's now running around like she's always done it!
She is very on to it with her comprehension and has been since very young, and she has recently become very loving, giving me kisses and cuddles constantly. I take her to playcentre once a week to try and get her use to being around other children as she has always been very shy, and this seems to be helping her to come out of her shell. All in all, we have heaps of fun and she is my best little mate. Here's a recent photo of her:

Lou

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:53pm

Oh lulu so nice to hear from you!!!  It's been ages.  How gorgeous is Jaymie!  She totally has your eyes.  I'm sure she was only 1ish when I last saw of pic of her, looking like a baby still.  Now she's a little girl!

Jett was referred to a SLT when he was 2 by plunket.  When he had his 2 yr check plunket nurse asked what words he was saying and he was only saying 'mum' for everything and everyone.  If you asked him to repeat words he could say bubba, dad and nana but never used them.  He's now using mum, dad, nan, nah (for no), ta and tan du(thank you) and he says gok gok for birds, mainly roosters as they go 'cockadoodle do' so his gok gok sounds like cock cock.  We visited a SLT in Oct last year and she said for his age he wasn't a concern for them then, but they'd check back in with me in the new year and he's language development wasn't any better then so they said a SLT would start to visit us in the 2nd term which is now.  Looks like we'll be getting visit every 2 weeks, so hopefully it'll speed his language development up.

Here's a recent pic of Jett

Edited by my4beauties
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:16pm
Hi everyone!

Wow our thread has been revived.
Jaymie is just beautiful! WOW she is grown up!

Awww and look at handsome wee Jett!

Kylah is not toilet trained, and i havent started, i just dont have the energy or dedication right now, i know it sounds bad but things are hectic.

I am at tech now, finally done it. Should say thanks to my work for the whole redundancy thing which pushed me! 3 classes a week, and one online, i still work and just dont have time for much, all my spare time is with Kylah. I start my days at 4.30am so i can study.

Kylah was a very shy child, we have started music class on mondays and she is just starting to join in now. She doesnt stop talking though, sometimes i want it to stop lol.

I
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:23pm
What a handsome young man Jett is! Actually I asked the plunket nurse at J's 2yr check if there was anything I could do to aid her with her speech, and she was hopeless, she says to me 'what should they be saying at 2?' and I thought to myself 'um, isn't that your job to know?'. I think she's on track now though, I'll just keep my eye on her. Anouska you have a good memory of my eyes!
Talking of TT'ing Kandice, I initially thought it was easy peasy as Jaymie took to it like a fish to water and very rarely had any accidents. It was like this for about a month or so, then suddenly about a week ago she asked to be put into a nappy and has refused undies ever since! So I've decided not to push her, but just wait until she's ready again.
Good on you for doing your study, very dedicated. I just don't have that sort of energy I don't think! Funny, J is like Kylah in that she is shy around others but she doesn't stop talking non stop gibberish around anyone she is comfortable with!
Lou
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:09pm
Hi all! Good to hear from you Lulu and what a beautiful girl you have.

Anouska, glad to hear you have the SLT going with Jett. We havent had any concerns with Tom...talks nonstop, started early and will never stop! James is a little quieter in that respect but I am starting to hear "words" now. Its quite a change from Tom so you cant help but worry a little. However he understands EVERYTHING I say to him and can follow 3-4 step instructions (if he wants to). He can say nana (banana), no (nononononono!), mum and just recently I have had du for duck, do for dog, fff for woof, ack ack for quack and buh for baa. So I figure that all counts!

Unlike Tom James moved early. Well Tom did too..but then stopped the physical development while is mouth took over LOL. James on the other hand is so well coordinated it amazes me. He loves singing and dancing etc. They are all so different.

TTing is not really happening here either. This week I have decided to give it a bit more of a go as Tom no longer fits our cloth nappies. So we are in pull ups but its me that takes him to the toilet. He has lost all interest. He was going really well a few months ago and then flatly refused so I havent pushed it. but now I am starting to make him go. If I ask he says No so I say toilet or potty? and that seems to work. Not going down the undies line for a while though....he sees that as a free pass to wee.

Anyway, I better go. I am getting a break thanks to the wiggles. both boys SHOULD be asleep but they are refusing and James has a docs appointment in an hour so not worth putting them down. We are going out tonight so I might try putting them down late.
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:22pm
So good to see the tread up and going again.
Good to hear that Jett's speech is improving, I was worried about Lachie but since he 2nd birthday he has taken off, and now is new quite, in the car when it all gets a bit much so I say, "how about some quiet time" latest reply was, sorry mum I don't think it is quiet time' - drives me bonkers.
He is toilet trained 95 % of the time, has an accident 1.2 times a week so I am pleased about that, I have not pushed it. Like you Nicky when he says no when I ask him if he wants to go I just give him the choice of the potty and the big boy toilet - he seems to change his favourite each week.
Tessa has crawled quite a bit after Lachie and her first tooth was a couple of months later as well but I think she will be walking a little earlier and she seems to be makes more sounds than he did at this age, but she certainly does not sleep as well - bugger it!
Just finished moving - horrible, now I have crap everywhere and am trying to find homes for it all. so Lachie has gone to Nana and pops and Tessa is out for the day with the au pair, Talina so I can make some organisational headway. I would rather be reading a book!

So good to hear from you all, will find a pic of Lachie and put it up soon. But I should now stop procrastinating and return to sorting

Edited by Jessica

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 7:13pm
Hi everyone,

I took Kylah to get her new pajamas yesterday and asked her if she would like the pink ones with butterflies and I get "no thanks mum", so I ask how about the blue ones, and get "no thanks mum" so I say what about the monkey ones, and get "no thanks mum". Ask her if she would like the cars ones (lightening mcqueen) and get a big "yes please mum"! Haha was so cute!

Lulu Kylah is exactly like Jaymie we were quite concerned about her lack of socializing but put it down to not being around anyone her own age, she has no brothers or sisters etc.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 11:02am

Great to hear from you, nikki, Jessica and Kandice!

Sounds like all the kids are doing great!  We've come a long way huh, with probably half of us gone on to have another child!  Who would've thought I'd be one of them.

I see from FB that justme just had a little girl - how cool! 

I took Jett for a kindy visit yesterday.  I knew he'd take to it like a duck to water as he's been in a lot with Rico and Gia going to the same place.  We stayed about an hour and I had to bribe him to leave.  So I know he'll just love being able to spend the whole morning there once a week.  He firstly played outside and loved it out there, climbing and swinging off things, then went inside to the play kitchen.  So he only around a little bit of what there is to play with.  I'm wondering how he'll go when it comes to mat time though.  He doesn't like to be read too, he's happy to read books by himself.  But I know the teachers will encourage him to sit still for mat-time.  I can see him 'arguing' with them about it though, as I know he'll think he can just get up as he likes and go off and play again.  So they'll have to be firm with him on that one.

Well baby needs attention and washing needs to be hung out.  Have a good weekend everyone! 

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:59am
Jaymie is also an only child Kandice, but as she was shy right from only a few months old (would cry if strangers approached her or if anyone tried to touch or hold her), I think it has more to do with nature rather than nurture. In fact I have recognised alot of my own traits in her that I had forgotton, because as an adult I had got past alot of my insecurity issues. But when I think back, I was also shy and can be quite standoffish with new people. I just keep encouraging her to be friendly and she is making more of an effort lately and I see big improvements.
Cute about the PJ's!
That's cool that Jett has taken to Kindy so well.
Funny seeing the differences in the boys aye NZPiper - I am constantly amazed at the difference in my five siblings and I since we were all brought up the same way!
Looking forward to seeing the piccy of Lachie.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I went away for a girl's night on Friday, there was 10 of us and it was a big night! Got back around 2.30pm yesterday and then DH and I had a lovely quiet night watching a DVD. Been doing some horse paddock maintenance this morning with Jaymie & DH and this arvo I will go out and see my Mum and MIL.
Happy Mother's Day!
Lou

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:58am

Aww it is Jett's first morning at kindy today.  Can't believe i felt so sad leaving him!  Silly as I've been looking forward to this moment for the last few months!  Being that he knows the place and went for a proper play last week, and we've been talking to him about going today, he was excited and completely comfortable about it all.  As soon as we got in there he took off!  I had to get him back to put his bag in the cubby, then he was off again. I went and gave him a kiss and then he was engrossed in the toys, so I left him too it.  It did feel weird for me, but I'll get used to it.

Sounds like you had a great weekend, lulu!

Jess I love your signature, gorgeous!

Kandice, that's so cute about Kylah and the jammies!  Oh and how's things going pregnancy wise?  Haven't had an update on that in ages!

Well I have to get moving as I'm going to a friend's for morning tea.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:02am
Go Jett! Interesting that he has started morning kindy. Is that the norm there? Here its afternoon kindy....which sucks when they have sleeps!   We opted out of Kindy as the hours didnt suit with my work so we would still need daycare and then it seemed too much. They both love daycare though.
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:55pm
Lachie has been going to daycare 1 morning a week since just before he was a year old and he loves it but we have just moved so we are starting Playcentre 2 mornings a week next week now that we have moved. Lachie still usually has a sleep in the afternoon and i don't want to mess with that! he is not shy at all, but I think being on the farm and having people in and out all day helps and I think daycare helps as well.

Tessa is going to be 1 in June - I can't believe it, and I am really clucky for another one. I can't believe how different their personalities are - lachie is laid back and pretty chilled while Tessa is slightly more strong minded! Dh blames it one her being a girl!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:36pm
where have you moved to Jessica?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 59>