FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2007 toddlers!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Aroz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aroz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 8:32pm

Hi guys I should probably make an effort to come on here more often  I'm so slack!

1 year old already! I cant believe how time flies! It's just as well I found this page 1st, I was just about to ask about switching to cows milk but now all I have to ask is: Does it matter what kind of cows milk they have? We usually get the budget brand lol. And does the switch have to be gradual or can I start giving her full bottles straight away. She doesnt get any reactions 'coz I have been using it with her porridge in the mornings but just wanted to double check if I start giving it to her all at once if that might cause a reaction? I'm so glad we can use cows milk now instead of formula, thats gonna save alot of time and money!  

Sponsored Links

popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 8:57pm
T drinks heaps of water too which is great!

Hi Aroha! your little girl is gorgeous! It doesnt matter what brand of milk it just has to be full fat so the dark blue top. I think most people swap a bottle of formula for cows milk one by one until all bottles are cows milk, some people i have spoken to do swap one a week or one a day it doesnt seem to really matter too much. Heinz changed Ts formula so his was cold turkey. I have to water his milk down otherwise he wont drink it, a bit too thick and creamy for him i think. inititally it was very watery to get him to drink it all but now he has 160 milk 40 or so water so we are getting tehre!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 10:13am
God it's cold!

I'm looking forward to the switch to cows milk... I didn't even think about watering it down... I don't think I did that with the older kids.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 7:25pm
We just switched! Actually we had run out of formula and just gave it to her, she seems to prefer it to the formula.

We have the opposite problem Mel, we have a great eater but she isn't fussed on the milk, but will drink waters till the cows come home!!

Aroha, your wee one is gorgeous!! Nice to have another girl, it's all been boys here!!
Aroz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aroz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 8:10pm

Aww thanks she can be very strong willed at times but all she has to do is bat her eyes and give her dad a little smile and he falls for it every time haha.

I've just been trying her on the cows milk as well and she seems to be taking to it without any problems, she still hasn't had a full bottle yet but maybe I'll have more luck at bedtime. Unfortunately my one's a night owl and it can be impossible at times to get her to settle before 10pm. I hear all my friends say their little ones sleep from 6.30pm right through the night and I just wish I could be so lucky! Lol

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 8:55pm
I was just waiting for him to get the all clear before we switched... tonight though OMG he was dribbling and his nose was terrible! Oh and we have #7 tooth coming thru too!

He's getting worse with his food too, driving me nuts.

BTW I'm bored...
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 4:08pm
Ended up taking Cooper to the doctors this afternoon; his cough was getting worse (the cough that just appeared) and he's got croup again. He's had some Redipred (sp) and has Histafen for his runny nose and hopefully we'll get thru the weekend. :sigh:

She said not to start cows milk until he's absolutely 100% so I had to go and buy some formula it was only $12 so I thought that wasn't too bad.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 11:41pm
Just watch with the redipred Mel, that is what causes the increased appetite. When Ava gets that she eats like a horse. Also, we have found with it that it has speeded up her teething, she now has 12 teeth! In a way its good but a pain in others!

I hope that he gets better real soon!!

Aroha, Ava is very strong willed as well, I've been told that its a girl thing! I think we are going to butt heads when she is older!
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 10:24am
hope cooper is feeling better now mel!

T has had a cough for ages now I am wondering if I should take him back to the doctor to get it checked out again. its been about 3-4 weeks and still isnt going away it doesnt seem to bother him much is mostly at night and in the early morning

has anyone switched their car seats over to forward facing? It wont be long before thomas is 12 kg so i am thinking I better start looking into where i can get it done
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 10:45am
Cooper has been forward facing since May. He hated being backwards.

He still has Croup, I haven't taken him back for any more Redipred though, I'll see how he goes today.

Maybe get T looked at just in case?
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:08pm
Yeah I second Mel, if the cough hasn't cleared it def sounds like he has something!

A has also been FF since about 10 months old, hated being backwards and also lying flatter.

Personal choice I guess!
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 12:43am
Yay I found you lovely ladies!
How are you all doing?
I'm so sorry I'm so slack! life has been horrible lately. Arabellas non exsistant father rung CYFS on me (bunch of lies), filed for full cutody and has been making my life hell. Needless to say that combined with PND, money woes and work has kept me quite down and busy!
Arabella on the other hand is thriving and busy! Wont stay still for 2 seconds, which whilst cute is driving me insane lol. We have invented a screaming game so that when mummy feels stressed she screams and Arabella screams back. . She loves it!

Anyway enough about us! How are all these gogeous toddlers doing? And their mummys?
BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 6:42am
Welcome back!! Sorry to hear that things aren't that great with the, dare I say it, jackass!

A is like Arabella, into everything and I have to say I'm loving it all! No walking yet, still doing her commando crawl, getting quite fast with it now!

As for us we are slowly getting back on our feet, DF went in for an eye op at the start of the week, we found out on Monday morning that he has a detached retina, so was in Monday night for the op!

Having him home is a pain, upset all my routines!!! still hopefully the op is a success, find out next week was is happening!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!!
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 7:57pm
Thanks! And don't worry I have called him worse (not infront of Arabella lol)
Oah I miss the commando crawl!!
Will have my fingers crossed for you!
She is looking gorgeous!
BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 8:11pm
Thanks!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 9:38am
Hey Girls!

Karyn that sucks about your ex! GRR!

Nothing much to report here, just plodding along, I think Cooper is on the mend. Just wish his appetite would come back. Funnily enough after he had the Redipred he stopped eating!

Beautiful day here, can't wait to go out later....
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 4:23pm
Glad that he is coming right! Funny how different meds have different reactions to kids.

Yeah gorgeous day here as well today, got loads of washing done!! Supposed to be nice tomorrow again! YIPPEEEEE
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 5:25pm
Hi guys!

Hope Arabellas dad backs off soon and it all works out BOB

how are you all?
Thomas cough is just one of those viral things the doc said 6-8 weeks is how long they are lasting. I turned his car seat around today, was so proud of myself for figuring out how to do it! and he thinks he is pretty cool when he is in the car now too! i weighed him at the docs and he was just short of 11kgs so i figured it was best i turned it around soon, our seat says safe till12 kilos but he has been whinging a bit when i lie him down in it lately
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 9:36pm
Hi everyone! how are you all and your bubbas?

We are all good here, nothing hugely new to report really. We went up to Mangawhai for the weekend which was really nice and T had a ball in the sand. He is talking a bit more now, alot of it sounds like words but isnt hehe, but he says mumma dadda nana ta bubba that kind of thing. He is still content to just walk around the furniture or with a trolley, when it comes to standing on his own he has jelly legs! i guess he will do it all in his own time, am not too worried

was quite funny the other day i came back inside and T was sitting on the floor with the fridge door open chewing on a chicken wing! talk about help yourself!

looking forward to catching up :)
BabyKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 10:12pm
at the chicken wing. A boy that knows what he likes!

Like T, A is doing all the noises/talk and is more than content just standing, she has now starting moving round the furniture.

A has started pre-school 4 days a week and I'm back at work, as a swim teacher! Still learning the ropes but hopefully won't take too long!

As for the rest, DF has the cold, A has hand foot and mouth, so will be a quiet weekend!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>