FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWanted: Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    Posted: 28 September 2008 at 10:20am
Have recently rediscovered these and would love to make a batch up. Does anyone have a tried and tested receipe they are willing to share please?

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2008 at 11:14am
My raspberry spiked triple choc ones are good, you don't have to raspberry spike them, or add the white choc either if you just wanted plain choc ones

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 2:38pm
Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh...

Do you like soft, chewy ones?
I'm a brownie fiend so have spent a looooong time finding the BEST ever recipe... Mmmmm

I love this one too because it's so easy and involves very little work and next to no dishes at all (Handy when you don't have a dishwasher like me)

This recipe makes 16, but I normally double it because I generally scoff at least 6 of them fresh from the oven... Hahaha (and I wonder why my ass resembles a golf ball with all it's dimples!)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Frosting: (optional... I normally make them without)
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.

In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

To make frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

I sincerely hope you enjoy these even HALF as much as I do!

My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 2:43pm
Oh... Just make sure you don't BEAT the mixture... Mix gently, as beating will cause the mixture to become light and airy, thus resulting in cake like brownies., which generally aren't as nice as the tasty fudgy treats that you'd hope for
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 7:28pm
Serenity, I hate you

They are sooo good! mmmm.
I think your DH's new best friend

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 9:31pm
Thank you so much for these, I am going to have to try them both! My mouth is simply watering at the thought of piping hot brownies straight from the oven......Droooollllllll!!!!!

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 1:39pm

OMG - I just made these and now I think I am about to gain some serious weight.

I'm not normally a brownie person but i'm not sure I can leave these until DH gets home - have eaten half already - sooooooooooooooooooo good.

][/URL]

MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 12:18pm

Hehe, glad you like 'em! They're evil though! So addictive!

Don't say I didn't warn you!
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 5:13pm

Right so now I have made another batch.....they did not last long yesterday. DH loved them. I have to taked a shared plate to my ante natal class tonight, so brownies it is, i'm thinking they can share 1 or 2 and I can eat the rest!!

][/URL]

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 6:03pm
Ohhh Serenity I just made these this afternoon and they are TO DIE FOR. Didn't double the recipe but so should have... wondering if I should just eat them all and hide all evidence from DH And it's the easiest brownie recipe ever! Will definitely be making these again, and doubling it next time!

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 4:23pm

Yummy, my 2nd batch is in the oven.

I cant believe how easy it was and its a really good recipe for getting Keira involved too, just had to stop her eating it all before we baked them

ETA: Mmm now I know these are already delish but I thought i'd try adding some chocolate chips and OMG they are soooooo good!

Edited by Daizy

Two Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 9:50pm
Thank you so much for this recipe. We have friends coming over next weekend for lunch/afternoon tea, so I'll be sure to make them as a treat! Looking forward to tasting them! Yum!!
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 3:25pm
I have a batch of these in the oven now..
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:26pm
Let me know what you think?

I'll be making some shortly, once all the dinner dishes are cleared.

I'm having a super domestic day.
I've made Afghans and Peppermint Slice *drool*

Yum!
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:52pm
They are soo good, i already ate 2 as soon as they came out haha. DF has had 3.. I ran out of cocoa or i would have doubled. Man they are good!!

Thanks heaps!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 7:33pm
Oh, and another tip too...

If you want super chewy ones, use 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar instead of the 1 cup white sugar. And add an extra 1/4 cup melted butter and an extra egg yolk.

Mmmmm.... My house smells SO good

Edited by MumsyMoo
 Post Reply Post Reply