FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBiscuit/cookie recipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biscuit/cookie recipes
    Posted: 18 October 2008 at 7:29pm
I'm not very good at baking biscuits/cookies, but I'm gonna give it a go! Does anyone have any fail-proof recipes? I have the Edmonds cookbook, can anyone recommend any of the recipes in there?

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 7:30pm
Oh I do make the Cookie Time Cookies that Mel posted, but they are dangerous - the girls and I can polish off a batch before they've even cooled
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
sadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 7:41pm
I've never had shortbread fail on me from that book.

I also have a foolproof Anzac biscuit recipe - very dangerous though as they are easily demolished!

1 cup flour
pinch salf
1 cup sugar
1 cup rolled oats
125g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp boiled water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Sift flour & salt into a bowl. Stir in sugar & oats.
Melt butter, syrup and vanilla in a small saucepan
Dissolve soda in boiling water
Mix into flour with butter mixture
Stir until combined
Roll into small balls and flatten (i leave mine in balls as i prefer them a bit fatter and chewier)
Bake at 180C 12-15 mins until golden

Have fun!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 9:19pm
Mmmmm anzac biscuits! Ta! Will get some oats and give them a go!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 9:35pm
i have a wee problem with anzac biscuits - they never actually make biscuits - they rarely get to the oven
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:09pm

The basic buscuit resipe in the edmonds book is good and easy to make and I just add chocolate chips to them to make chocolate chip bikkies.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:21pm
Yes, the Edmonds choc chip cookies are super easy and YUM.
Not as dangerously yum as the cookie time ones thankfully!
I put 1C raisins in the anzac biscuit recipe too, then I can delude myself that they're a little bit healthy
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 2:31am

Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

i have a wee problem with anzac biscuits - they never actually make biscuits - they rarely get to the oven

ROFLMAO that would be me too.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 11:19am
BASIC CHOC CHIP BISCUITS

180g butter
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup choc chips
1/2 cup coco pops (optional)
1 tsp vanilla essence

Cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy

Add choc chips, coco pops, flour, baking powder, vanilla essence and salt. Mix well with a wooden spoon and then use hands to bring mixture together.

*MIxture shouldn't be too buttery (otherwise biscuits resemble pancakes), but not too dry that they crumble when you roll them into balls*

Roll in balls and flatten with fork

Bake in moderate oven (about 180 degrees celsius) until just golden

These biccies are always a hit. Enjoy!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:30pm
Mmmmm! I baked anzac bickies and the Edmonds basic bickies with some smashed up choc buttons and they are yummy! The anzac bickies prob could have done with a wee bit more sugar (I only put in 3/4 cup) but they are nice and the kids love the choc chip ones. My plan was to have them for Maya's school lunches this week but the way we're going they won't even last till tomorrow...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:48pm
(Another biscuit recipe in case you need to replenish supplies )

I made these yesterday ..

Peanut Butter Cookies

125g butter, softened
4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips

(note - I just use 3/4 cup brown or raw sugar and no white sugar, particularly if the peanut butter you have is quite sweet already)

Pre-heat oven to 190 C. Lightly grease one or two oven trays.
Cream the butter and peanut butter. Beat in the sugar until creamy. Add beaten egg slowly. Sift in remaining ingredients and mix well. If very soft, chill for 30 minutes. Roll in balls about the size of walnuts. Place well apart on oven trays. Flatten with a fork. Bake for about 10 - 15 minutes.

Makes about 25.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Two Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 1:54am
The Edmonds cookbook has been a firm favourite for baking in our household. I recommend the following recipes (all of which are extremely delicious and turn out really well)! :-

Ginger Crunch
Afghans
Anzac Biscuits
Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Chocolate Cake
Peanut Brownies

With the chocolate cake, I use 2 eggs (rather than the 3 stated).

ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 7:56am
This basic biscuit receipe has never failed me.

125g butter
1 T golden syrup
1 t baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 T milk
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add golden syrup & milk melted together. Add sifted flour & baking powder. You can then add chocolate chips, orange essence (basically anything you want). Roll into balls and place on an oven tray with room to spread. Bake for 12 minutes in a moderate oven (180C)

As ShellandBella said: *MIxture shouldn't be too buttery (otherwise biscuits resemble pancakes), but not too dry that they crumble when you roll them into balls*    The more flour you add the drier the mix.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 12:09pm
snap becks - that's the same as me - we addapted the basic biscuit recipe as per ayjas instructions and now add 2 cups of choccy chips. the result is very very chocy biscuits which she loves. we call them ayja's chocolate bickies.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:47pm
Snap Becks and Janine! That basic recipe is SO adaptable. You could put anything you like in it.

LOL Janine! We only put half a cup of choc chips in and that's more than enough. Must try 2 cups and see how they turn out!!!!!
Two Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 10:32pm
This recipe is really quick to put together and best of all doesn't require cooking in the oven, just put straight into the freezer.

Cherry Truffles or Squares

1 packet wine biscuits, crumbed
2 cups coconut
12-20 glace cherries
100g butter, melted
1/2-1 teaspoon almond essence
3/4 cup (1/2 tin) sweetened condensed milk
1-3 Tablespoons sherry, brandy or kirsch
(NB: I use vanilla essence instead)

Crumb biscuits. Add coconut, cherries and melted butter, then the essence and condensed milk. Mix well, adding enough liquid to form a workable dough.

Roll into balls or press into tin, 2cm thick. Place in the freezer and when cold cut into sqaures.

If you don't have cherries to hand, you could probably substitute it with chopped dried apricots or figs, as a suggestion.

I also add sultanas or raisans to this recipe as well (3/4-1 cup).
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 8:59pm
I made these once and I'll never make them again, they are even more dangerous than the cookie time ones!!!

Chocolate Chip Biscuits

125 grams butter
½ teaspoon Vanilla
125 grams Chocolate Chips
1 teaspoon Baking powder
60 grams sugar
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 cup flour

Cream butter and sugar.
Add vanilla and con milk
Stir in chocolate and dry ingredients.
Roll into balls and place on oven tray. Flatten with a fork.
Bake at 165 for 10 minutes or until cooked.
Try using different flavoured chocolate like crunchie. Just cut the squares into smaller pieces.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 9:03pm
Haven't made these... just thought someone might want to try them out.

Milk and egg free Chocolate cake, Muffins and mini muffins

¾ cup sugar
1 ½ cups flour
1 t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
½ t salt
2 T cocoa
1 t vanilla essence
1 T malt vinegar
5 T oil
1 cup Luke warm water

Sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cocoa
Add sugar & mix
Add essence, vinegar, oil & water
Mix until combined. ( quite a runny consistency)
Spray tin with cooking spray.
Bake at 180c-miffins 10-15 minutes,-cake 25-30 minutes in a 25cm square or round tin

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Jaqueline248262 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaqueline248262 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 7:59pm
Hi everyone

I'd like to share with you my fav cookie recipe

I've found it here

Best Cookie Recipes

3 ingredient cookie

Ingredients
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
3 large overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice (optional)

Step 1
Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix very well, until fully combined. If using chocolate chips, stir them in with a spatula.
Step 3
Lightly wet your hands and form 8 balls with the cookies. Place each ball on the lined mat, and press each ball into a cookie shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden on the edges.
Step 4
Allow cooling on the mat for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!!
 Post Reply Post Reply