FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bread
    Posted: 29 October 2008 at 10:36pm
Tonight I discovered that you can atcually make your own bread

I found this recipe and it was so quick and easy and tasted soo good!

2 ½ C warm water
6 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp oil
6 C flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Stir water, yeast, sugar and oil together. Leave for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy on top. Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Knead. Roll out if making a pizza base or shape for use as buns or bread. Paint with oil or milk. Bake at 200 degrees C for 10-15 minutes.

Tonight we added some mince and salad and made the most scrumptious burgers. Keira loved it and it was a great way to get her to help out and even eat her own vegies :)

Edited by Daizy

Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:56am
Yuuuuumm!! That looks so good! Gotta get some yeast and try that.....
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 12:29pm
You shouldn't be allowed up upload photos like that on to websites with preg women. I'm drooling. that looks so good!
Angel babies Mar '04, Oct '08 and Sep '09.
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:25pm
Made this yesterday. OMGOSH so quick and easy and tastes great!!

even me who burns everything had great sucsess with this recipe. i just made it in a loaf tin.
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:18pm
I normally can bake anything but I have mucked this up big time!

How much kneading does it need?????

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 12:19pm
I kneaded it for around 5 mins or til the dough was quite smooth.

They are looking fab, can't wait to get them out of the oven!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 12:22pm
Mmm Daizy yummy!!!! My bread recipe makes awesome bread but awful rolls so I'm def gonna be giving this a go.

Melnel generally bread needs to be kneaded til it springs back when gently pressed. Since I haven't tried this recipe I'm not sure if thats appropriate but since nobody else has replied thats generally the rule of thumb
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:03pm
Thanks, I tried to make into a loaf but think I will stick to buns on this recipe. I am going to buy the edmonds cook book tomorrow as I am sick of buying bread. Being dairy free now I seem to be eating a lot more bread!

I dont think I kneaded it long enough tbh,.

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 10:58am
Yeah the white bread recipe inthe edmonds book is the one I use for our loaves and its soooo yummy! It just makes awful rolls and stuff lol awesome bread though!
Inlove28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inlove28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 5:01pm
Hmmm might have to bake some!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 5:23pm

Nice work, I cheat and let the bread maker do the kneeding for me and I just roll the dough into the buns.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 2:43pm

Does anyone put grains in the bread....I want to make a multi grain type bread but don't know what the best things are to use?

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 8:32pm
I use LSA in my GF loaves.  I've tried adding pumpkin seed and linseeds but find the loaf becomes a bit brick like (could be because it's GF) but LSA gives a great texture and is so good for you. 
jessm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 12:07pm
Lisa, I add a mix that I get from Bin Inn. I think its fairly standard (no idea what its called though - we just refer to it as 'seeds'). If I've got some, I add a cup, if not I leave it out, doesn't seem to make much difference (but I use a breadmaker & recipe that came with it). But its great with it in!
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 1:28pm

Have now discovered the joys of seed shopping at Bin Inn!! My BIL had a gread grain recipe that he gave me and I make up a huge bin ready to go then just add what I need to the breadmaker. Saves heaps of time and works everytime to.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 10:18pm
I made this recipe into half buns & half a bread plait....worked well as a loaf
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply