FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExtended breastfeeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 12:13pm
I got AF back when DS was 11 months and was still feeding lots day and night. We have been ttc for 5 months now tho, and am starting to wonder if the bf is stopping me getting utd since both kids took less than 2 months to concieve, and the only difference I can think of is that this time Im bf. He is now only feeing 2-3 times a day, usually 2, 12 hrs apart. I know heaps of people get preg while bf tho, but also know of others who didnt get preg while still bf even 1 feed a day. Am not wanting to wean tho, so will just keep ttc and see how we go.
Sponsored Links

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 4:56pm
I got AF back when Clodagh was about 6/7 months old as was only on my 3rd cycle when we got UTD with Scarlett. I still haven't had AF back with her though, am still BF both girls so maybe that has something to do with it?
Keep having revolting dreams that I am pg with my 3rd though so fingers crossed that doesn't happen IRL!

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 11:05am
20 months and still going although it's once or twice a week now.
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 9:45pm
22 months here, not even sure how to wean haha!

Oct 11
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 10:33pm
Well I guess I will add to this too. Its now been over 3yrs and my little girl is still a booby girl and we are going strong. And amazingly I am still able to BF being pregnant, was bit sore for a while but she still manages to have a go most days, not sure what she gets out of it, probably minimal milk, but lots of comfort I guess. And amazingly there is still something there as I have started to leak quite reglarly now. Thought about stopping but don't want DD to miss out on the goodness once I'm in full swing again with the new bubz, and I don't think its going to be a full on affair anyway, she has gotten used to the less regular sessions. Well thats the theory

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 8:15pm
Awesome Nutella.

Well done Milliemama, that is an awesome story.

DS went through a phase for a couple of days of just having the odd 5min suckle, but is now back to having lots of feeds a day again. I don't think I have any milk, I can't express anything off anymore, but he still seems happy with it all. I was able to express a couple of drops of colostrum a few weeks ago, but nothing now. I'm just hoping we can both hang on until after the next baby is born, I always envisaged tandem feeding, so really hoping I can.

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 8:58pm
Yeah, it seems such a shame to stop when you are both not ready. Have a friend who's little man stopped when she was PG, but took it up a couple of months later after the bubz was born no prob.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 4:14am
Good luck MamaT! Lily is 21 months today and still going... Kinda. She picked up again and fed for about 3 days in a row but has since gone back to being unsure about it all. Will keep going jic.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 2:33pm
Since I last posted Lily has been feeding daily, sometimes 2-3x a day now and asks a lot more (though sometimes it isn't practical to feed her!) but my grandma passed away and she's become very clingy since which is why I think she's been asking more.
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 3:29pm
we have made it to 2 years and over the last couple of weeks he has been asking for 2-3 feeds a day.

I am leaving it up to when he weans if he doesnt ask he doesnt get but if he does then he gets

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 3:42pm
Well done novembermum
I thought we might wean at 2 but erm...it hasn't happened so now we'll see if she weans by 3. 2-3 BF's a day is a quiet one for us And of course the baby is fed on demand.

ScaredyKat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:06pm
Still bfing here, and DS is 22 months. I want to wean him by 2, but i have NO idea how. He asks for it in the evening, during the night, and sometimes in the morning! I have tried to say no in the morning (esp) but it breaks my heart to hear him cry :-( I wish he would wean of his own accord! Although I am sure that would make me sad also :-)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 2:07pm
He will wean of his own accord eventually, just might not be to your time frame!!

My DS is 22 months too, we are now down to one feed a day- before he goes to bed at night. Ive reduced the feeds very very gradually. We night weaned him at 11 1/2 months- reducing the night feeds by including Daddy more at bed time and then him getting up to him in the night instead of me just feeding him everytime he woke.
Then he was feeding first thing in the morning, last thing for bed and usually only wanting a bf 2 other times a day- when these feeds became just an on-off quick suck, I start distracting him for one of these and he was soon down to just one in the middle of the day- after a few months he dropped this too, then went back to wanting a quick suck heaps in the day so I decided to stop this and just offered cuddles, distraction, water, snacks instead and he was fine.
Just 2 weeks ago we decided to drop the morning feed cos we are ttc and its not happening and I cannt think of any other reason why its taking us longer concieve this time than before. We figured that feed would be easier to drop that the feed to sleep, so DH got up with DS in the morning and gave him a snack and took him for a walk at 5.15am instead of him just coming in our bed and being fed til after 6am. Agian he was easily distracted by DH, he would point to our room to come in to me, but then be sweet once given a snack.
So now we just down to the feed before bed, will keep ttc and if not preg in a few more months will look at fully weaning. I dont want to fully wean him tho, and if I was preg then I wouldnt have droppped the morning feed either.
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:47am
Well, think we are weaned here, the little guy has pretty much stopped asking for it. Makes me sad boo hoo hoo. Almost made it to two years so not bad going.
Glad I didn't have to make the decision and that he decided for me!

Oct 11
MamaLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 5:06pm
Hello,
I breast fed til my son was 20months when he weaned, he's now 2yrs and has been relactating for about 4 weeks

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 6:32pm
Still going with my daughter she's 18 months would be nice if she would night wean.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 3:51pm
Ooh I remember when that happened this time last year, was bliss! I thought it was going to be hard, but worked out pretty good with minimal crying, and took her maybe 3-4 days to get it.

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 10:44pm
no idea if my son has weaned some days he asks for it somedays he doesnt..will see what happens over the next few weeks

Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:19pm
Still going strong here at 2 1/2 (and The Lass is 9 months).

I swear tandem was the best decision ever for us. They love each other to bits (usually. You know,whe they're not stealing toys,pulling hair, jabbing eyes or hitting,.. )

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:31pm
Yay for tandem feeding! We are tandeming here too, cant believe the big one is two next week!!

+1 May 09 Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>