FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHooray! The end of Bratz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hooray! The end of Bratz
    Posted: 05 December 2008 at 11:01am
Yesterday a federal judge banned MGA from making and selling it's highly successful Bratz dolls!!!!

Mattel sued MGA because the Bratz dolls creator, Carter Bryant, was working at Mattel when he came up with the concept for the dolls.

In August, a California jury awarded Mattel $40 million. Mattel was originally asking for over $2 billion. The jury also later awarded Mattel $10 million for copyright infringement and $90 million for breach of contract.

After yesterday's ruling to ban Bratz dolls, Mattel attorney Michael Zeller said "It's a pretty sweeping victory. They have no right to use Bratz for any goods or services at all."

Luckily for MGA and Bratz fans everywhere, the judge did allow MGA to wait until the holiday season ends to remove the toys from their store shelves.

Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 11:27am
Yay! But hmmm, does that mean Mattel will now produce them (or a version of them)?

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 12:11pm
Woohoo! Bye bye skanky big head freak dolls!
*shudders at the thought of them*
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 7:00pm
wow, and thank goodness, I know there are worse things to worry about, but C has been taking an interest in them , and I dont want her thinking the way to wear makeup is dark dark lip liner around pale lips !
MAKEUP CRIME !!!!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 7:02pm
Oh thank goodness...here is hoping there is nothing similar out in the near future!

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 10:51pm
Thank goodness! Those things are awful
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 11:34pm
lol does this mean they'll sell them off cheap? or just take them off the shelves.    they'll probably sendout messages to sell off as much stock as possible before they are withdrawn.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 10:21am
I hope they do reduce the price, we love Bratz in our house!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

sno0ze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sno0ze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 2:17pm
Yay!! I'm not a fan of them and my 5year old is showing great interest in them, eekkk
I'm sure though that someone will bring out a version of the Bratz though as competition for the Barbie??
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 7:57pm
of course they will, but then, have you seen the myscene barbies? they are pretty much just as bad! all that growing up glam stuff is a bit off.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

sno0ze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sno0ze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 8:35pm
No, haven't seen the myscene barbies, I think I will (try) to be steering my daughter away lol
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:49am
Originally posted by caraMel caraMel wrote:

Well said they are horrid doll's.
Deborah Mum to:

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:54am
I am so relieved about that. My SIL loves them and has two boys so now that I have a girl I was shuddering at the thought of her buying my daughter those horrid ugly skanky dolls. Yay!!!
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:07pm
Thank GOODNESS I can't stand them!! I have got lots of barbies for Neosha to play with (all with ball gowns and nice suitable sets of clothes) so glad they will be gone before she takes an interest.
Awful dolls with the wrong message!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 5:04pm
one word......skanky.

At least Barbie (even with the big boobs) can come with some classy outfits.
So glad my girls will never know the world of brats.....although something equally as disturbing is bound to come along.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Lanata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by caraMel caraMel wrote:

Never liked them myself and always held back hen my neice wanted one.. now I won't have to worry when we are at the shops cos they'll be gone!!! yay
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 10:19am
Oh YAY......my almost 5yo thinks they are cool as well.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
SBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 1:43pm
Thank goodness! This is the best news I've heard all day/week/year!!
 Post Reply Post Reply