FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXMAS TREES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XMAS TREES
    Posted: 11 December 2008 at 5:19pm
Hi all,

I'm very excited because I just went and brought my first ever Xmas tree and decorated it!

Just wondering what everyones preference is with trees this year. Real or Fake? And what colours are you using?

I went with the 6ft Fake with pretty red and gold decorations. I'd have to say my tree totally kicks ass.....although my husband is gonna freak when he sees what I spent on it hehe :)

Merry Xmas to all

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 5:44pm
We have a 6 foot fake one. It was put up early this year while I had the motivation to do it (monday) The tree is green and the stuff is red and gold.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 5:59pm

At the moment we have a 2 foot fake. Decorated silver and white

Now if we had space I would love to get a big bushy real one, probably keeping the decorations simple colours.

There are some cool christmas trees in the photo gallery at the moment

sno0ze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sno0ze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 6:15pm
I have a fake 6ft green tree that has three different types of branches which looks alot like a real tree. Its decorated in gold with a few ornaments with the gold and a cream/gold angel at the top with of course lights ont he tree. I it
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 6:39pm
OH! When I was at the shops today, there was an xmas tree that spat little polystyrene balls out of the top that made it look like it was being snowed on! I WANT ONE!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Kellygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 6:40pm
We have a fake tree as well, although I love real trees. Ours is decorated in silver, aqua and green.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 6:59pm
We have a 4ft fake one, DH gets really bad hayfever from real ones. Decorations are red and gold this year.
Also got a 1ft one which sits next the telly - that was my first ever Christmas Tree.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 8:51pm
We have a fake one and it's decorated with gold decorations. And lots & lots of lights!
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:13pm
"OH! When I was at the shops today, there was an xmas tree that spat little polystyrene balls out of the top that made it look like it was being snowed on! I WANT ONE!"

Thats freakin' awesome! I want me one of those lol!
When my husband got home he started complaining that it wasn't the same without the real tree smell so I went out and got a $10 mini real tree. So now we have 2!

MC April 2010
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:23pm
I'm still waiting untill my parent get their real tree up so I can go smell it
No doubt I'll be in charge of decorating it too

AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:51pm
We got a real one this year, yay! about 5ft. I'm really not a colour theme kind of person lol, there are just all our random decorations on there
McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:04pm
We have a 6 ft real looking fake tree and it is decorated in silver and gold balls and traditional looking wooden ornaments ie nutcracker, rocking horses that are predominantly red, green and white...and of course fairy lights that blink.
Oh and a big gold star...my son just loves it and tells everyone that I helped him decorate it.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:23pm
Oh yeah we got a 12 pack of these funcky little nativaty scene people. Very cute and well made. I like how you wouldn't know they're on the tree(really small) unless you go right up and look.

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:25pm
Ohhh how exciting I just realised I'm no longer a newbie I've now been giving the title of groupie! Not sure what wonderful deed earned me that one?!?! But very exciting :)

MC April 2010
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 11:17am
I love real ones but unfortunately so does our cat - he eats the needles and then vomits over the carpet

lizzzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 12:55pm
Oh I'm so excited about my tree this year, got a black one from Farmers! DH and I love black yay!! Have just decorated it with silver deco's and it looks stunning
Luckily the cats haven't taken too much interest in it yet but I hear ya Bobbie on the cat thing, I know of a little grey kitty who one year kept eating tinsel off the tree and thowing it up again! No tinsel in my house because of that!

Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 1:01pm
I love my fake tree, no needles in my foot, no mouldy smell when we get back from our trip and best of all no hayfever when i take sanctury indoors
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

I love real ones but unfortunately so does our cat - he eats the needles and then vomits over the carpet

Hahaha - Well, Eden's decided she likes to eat the tinsel and now I get to change funky disco sparkle diapers.
Wally.

We have a 6ft fake (although it doesn't *look* 6ft) which we have decorated in Blue and Silver (excluding DF's token red Dodge Viper decoration, lol - The only reason I have used Blue and Silver though, is because I grew up celebrating Chanukkah and Blue and Silver are the Jewish colours.

(Note the dangling tinsel at the bottom of the tree thanks to the sproglet tearing it down)

I'd love to get a Menorah, but I don't think DF would be all too keen hahaha.

Edited by MumsyMoo
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 2:45pm
we go real all the way - family tradition was to "find" one somewhere and cut it down, but I'm too lazy for that now so we bought a nice bushy 6 ft tree for $15!! I couldn't get through Christmas without that smell
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Post Reply Post Reply