FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHomemade IceCream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homemade IceCream
    Posted: 24 January 2009 at 11:22am
Due to me opening my mouth and asking about how safe it is, I now share this incredible difficult recipe with you

300 mls cream - whipped
1 tin condensed milk
1 crunchie bar grated (or smashed, crumbled)

Mix crunchie bar with the cream, fold in the condensed milk.

Put into freezerproof container (old ice cream container would work well - or we use a 2 litre storage container like a lunchbox

Freeze overnight, (or it you are like us, make it in the morning and keep testing it all day until you are happy with the consistency and it's frozen enough - or there's non left.

Mmmm let me guess what's on your shopping list

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
Sponsored Links

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 11:49am
MMMM MMMMM mmmmm I want ice cream for lunch!!
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 11:54am
Have been putting off going to the supermarket this morning...but have to go now
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 1:08pm
OMG, that sounds fantastic! I am so making it!

AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 1:26pm
Omg this stuff is divine - it's been in the freezer about ten minutes and I've already been in there about ten times for another spoonful

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by AuntieSarah AuntieSarah wrote:

Omg this stuff is divine - it's been in the freezer about ten minutes and I've already been in there about ten times for another spoonful

Oh did I forget to say that it can be rather moreish? Mum is going to make a white chocolate and berry version tomorrow for us to try - YUMO!

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
gannet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gannet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 6:08pm
YUM! Can you post the white chocolate and berry recipe too please!!!
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 9:47pm
Yum!!
Mum to two wee boys
Lanata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 7:59pm
yummy... my DP cousins makes this but with a bit of nougat and the condensed milk caramalised.
so yummy, but this is a great quick alternative.
Will put this on my list of things I want when I get home from the hospital, like a "I can eat anything again dinner" lol
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:57pm
Ohh that does sound good might have to run over the road to the supermarket. I have a recipe at home somewhere for ice cream that is made with the ready made custard you can buy now i am sure that doesn't have eggs so i will post it soon.

You could put so much else in that ice cream malteasers sound good.
Jam08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 8:16pm
I have a similar recipe that is delicious, especially with strawberries:

Whip 500ml cream
Fold in a tin of condensed milk
Add the juice and rind of 4 lemons
Freeze

Absolutely devine and totally full proof!

Edited by Jojo8
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:42am
Well i made it and i acyually managed to leave it in the freezer to set so guess what we will be having tonight.
Lanata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 4:22pm
made some last night and had to have some for lunch as it's sooo hot
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:23pm
Divine!! Christopher made some as a surprise for DHs birthday he seriously thought it was Movenpick!! So yummy.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 8:11pm
OMG my mouth is watering thinking of this recipe. Think I will make a trip to the supermarket tomorrow

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 2:30pm
oh my goodness that sounds easy! We go thru Ice cream sometimes like it's going out of fashion so i think i shall have tot ry this. how much does it make?

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:54pm
Christopher made some more on the weekend but used oreo biscuits instead of crunchie and OMG!!!! It was amazing. If anyone else tries it, I recommend using a whole pkt of oreos but trying not to include the cream that sandwiches them together as that makes it really sweet. But better than any other cookies and cream ive had.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 2:01pm
Hi, i am not allowed ice cream but am allowed cream & presume i'm allowed condensed milk. This recipe sounds great! Can you make it with anything else instead of the crunchie bar? i'm not allowed cocoa but am allowed Milky Bar chocolate? Would this work?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 3:04pm
I can't see why not, My mum has made it a couple of times using other bits and pieces. I made some a while back which had dried fruit and nuts in it as well as some pineapple lumps bits - kinda like rocky road

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 3:14pm
wow, so would you think i would need to grate the chocolate? or would chopping buttons in the food processor be enough?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>