FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXT Network Launch - Who is joining?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT Network Launch - Who is joining?
    Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:10am
Is anyone else holding out for the XT Phone Network launch? (Think along the same lines of Telecom & Vodafone but BETTER!).

I'm not a huge fan of mobile phones, infact I haven't really used one since before I had Lucas (so coming up 3 years) but we've decided to get a mobile phone and flag the landline at our new place!

The deals on the XT Network are so going to put Vodafone to shame, but I can't help but wonder if its really going to be as succesful as they hope considering we are in the middle of a recession and a lot of people probably can't justify the cost of switching networks/buying new phones.

So who else is contemplating going on the network when it starts up?

Edited by BuzzyBee
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:33am
so that's why vodafone just gave DH and i free ph's to sign up for another 24mths   

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:33am
I am thinking about it! Was just about to sign a 2 year contrcat with vodafone when I heard about XT and now there is also 2degrees coming out soon too - finally some more competition!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 12:01pm
I'm full of baby brain, plus tiredness.....where can I find out more info??? We are debating getting rid of our landline and broadband and using just mobiles and mobile broadband.
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 12:24pm
Kate the XT network is Telecom, they are changing to GSM (so sim cards like vodafone) and will eventually be phasing out all the telecom phones that we have now in the same way that they did with the 025 numbers. Basically its a 3g network that is available all over nz, whereas Vodafones 3g network is still not available everywhere. So things like video calling etc will be available everywhere (as long as you could get coverage before hand i think) You can find out more on the telecom website.

busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 12:32pm
I'm joining up but only cause they gave me a $299 voucher for a new phone and I desparately need a new phone, Dominic dribbled mine to death when he was little.
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 1:14pm
Kate the website I've been looking at is Test Drive

After talking to the guy at our Telecom store I'm totally sold.
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 2:08pm
I'[m comtemplating it. I have always been loyal to vodafone but they seriously screwed me with their fixed line/ broadband service and now they are just annoying me by not sending paper bills. Also living in the middle of nowhere means coverage is not great.

Does anyone know if you can still use your vodafone phone (in other words are the sim cards the same?)
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 2:14pm
Nzpiper, you may find that the networks will start locking their handsets meaning you cant use any other networks simcards in them. This happens in most other countries that have numerous companies that have sim cards. At my work we always have people coming in wanting them unlocked, the only people that can unlock them is the original company they were purchased from, most of the time you may have to pay a fee for this or they may not do it at all.

Post Reply Post Reply