FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRedipred for a cold?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redipred for a cold?
    Posted: 19 October 2009 at 4:29pm
Ava has had a bad cold and ear infections for the past couple of weeks. She has been on 2 lots of antibiotics and she still has a little cough and a runny nose.

Last night she was coughing on and off a bit so today I took her back to the Dr. She prescribed Redipred. From what I have read it is a really strong steriod usually reserved for Croup and Asthma.

Im worried about giving it too her - her cough is not wheezy or horrible, just a dry cough that seems slightly worse at night. It is by no means constant.

Thoughts??
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:41pm
Sounds extreme!

Cooper just had redipred but he had rattling chest, blue lips & wheezing. Also had a nebulise so it was an extreme case.

Can you phone the Dr tomorrow & ask their reasoning behind it?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 1:00pm
Jakes had it a few times but his is asthma related, and he gets really rattly / chest infections when he is like that. I would probably hold off on giving it if you don't think its necessary, or call to check. They may have given it cos its been going on for a couple of weeks and are worried about another infection starting?
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 8:03pm
We were prescribed redipred when Jackson had a cough too, I didn't give it to him.

I have used it in the past for Janaya and her asthma )Usually after an attack and a nebuliser. The redipred keeps the tubes open to help them breathe I think.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 12:44pm
We've only had redipred in more extreme cases, lots of wheezing, inhalers, etc.

Did the Dr listen to her chest? Maybe he/she prescribed it because her chest was sounding tight? If you are worried about giving it then I would ring and ask the reasoning.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 1:35pm
We were given Redipred for Callum when we were home earlier this month. The doc thought he had bronchiolitis. C definitely was quite wheezy and had a constant cough that was stopping him from getting any sleep!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:34am
When Db had it he went nuts! He stopped sleeping, refused to go to bed at night, it was the most bizarre week ever. I'll never give it to him again.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply