FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRoad Safety Ads Aus *graphic content*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Road Safety Ads Aus *graphic content*
    Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:46pm
WARNING Before clicking on this link there are some really graphic scenes.

Anyways someone sent me this link and it made me wonder whether if our ads were as graphic as this would we have a lower road toll? Do these ads actually effect people to not want to speed/drink drive/get in a car without putting on a seatbelt?

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/11/video-australian-transport-accident-commission-celebrates-20-ye/#continued-

ETA: Forgot link... duh baby brain

Edited by bexandantz

Sponsored Links

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:29pm
Oh my flippin lordy Very graphic. But they need to be in my opinion. We havent seen that one being played yet but thats a Victorian one so probably wont here in Brissy.

The sad thing about it is people are still drink driving and its not themselves their killing!!

Here in Brisbane they did a blitz on Friday night and took 71 drivers off the road for drink driving and one was a taxi driver WITH a passenger in the car Makes me so angry!!!
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 9:30am
WOW! That video clip definitely effected me! Once the crashes started happening I started crying and didn't stop til the ad finished. I definitely think they should have ads like that in N.Z.

I mean the fact is, that may have all been acting, but at the end of the day, that kind of thing does happen a lot. What I think sucks is with regards to all road safety ads, whether it be drink driving, speeding, not wearing seatbelts or intersections, some people still don't seem to be affected by them. It's like some people are so arrogant and naive that they think that will never happen to them. I'm totally disgusted when I see a whole bunch of people and even worse people with children not wearing seatbelts and I look at people speeding in 50 km areas or just tail-gating or even overtaking and think, why?! (well actually people speeding rule at all bothers me) If you are running late it's your fault, next time leave earlier, instead of potentially putting others at risk. As for intersections, well don't even get me started. I just hate how people make up there own rules and make stupid, dangerous decisions. Will these people even learn?! I think not. And it shouldn't take something tragic happening to teach them.

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 1:11pm
What an impact. I think the scenes that are the most graphic are what make the difference - like seeing the young boy go under the car. Or where the driver's attention lapses and he smashes into the two old people by the parked car.... I'm still crying, and think it's as much pressure to take a cab or stay the night from your peers that helps lower the toll.
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 3:54pm
Very graphic but it got the point across to me, although I am a very carefull driver just seeing other idiots out there. If someone drunk killed anyone in my family I wouldnt be able to hold back the anger, I just dont know what I would do.

I just about cried especially when the little boy got hit by the car.

Let us hope we can get the message through to people and put these ads on the tv in NZ.

Drink drivers should be penalised alot harsher in NZ some only get their licence taken away for 6 months, it should be 1 year get tougher NZ.
 Post Reply Post Reply