FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedADOPTION IN NZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hastie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADOPTION IN NZ
    Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:04pm
we are investigating adoption as an option for us to have a child. i was wondering if anyone has any stories or experiences with the process (the good and bad) that could help us with our decision. i have been on the adoption nz website but would like to hear real stories and experiences. i am interested in the details around "open' adoption

thanks for your help!
ME 36 endo & blocked tube DH 34
TTC #1 for 3.5 years
IVF #1 Dec 09 - BFP then turned to a BFN a week later - only 1 egg collected, fertilised & implanted
next cycle dec 2010
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:17pm
A friend of mine adopted her baby out 13 years ago it is a very open adoption and she has regular contact with her son. Although technically he's not hers and don't think she sees him as such, she organised it through her GP.
The couple have since adopted twin daughters who don't have as much contact with their mum. Depends on the situation I guess and how much contact/relationship you want with the birth mother.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:51pm
Hi I dont have any info on the process or anything, but I think open adoption is great. I was adopted as a newborn and have grown up knowing who my birth mother was seeing her a couple of times a year. As much as I love my parents (that adopted me) for me personally I wanted to meet my birth father as I felt something was missing and did at 16, finding out that he was a loser. If I hadnt of been able to meet him that feeling I think would have carried on forever. I havent seen him since, which I am perfectly fine with. In my view my birth parents made/grew me but my adopted parents are my parents.

so like i said couldnt really help on the info but i think knowing your adopted and who made you/grew you is important
 Post Reply Post Reply