FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToilet Training

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toilet Training
    Posted: 16 March 2010 at 9:57am
An interesting article.

TT

Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 10:04am
Hmmmmm.... well I would love Jack to be TT but we are having problems. He loves the toilet etc etc but just won't go in the toilet or tell us he has a wet/dirty nappy.
Not sure I agree with the article (probably cos I use MCN's and flush poo's even when I do use sposies) but interesting reading
Lindsey

mumtooboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumtooboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 11:39am
That's got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read. Yeah, I so want to spend an extra $400-500ish to keep my kid in nappies for an 'extra' year cause I am lazy...........NOT!

My 2 year old would barely say boo to a ghost so how was he supposed to 'tell' me he needed the toilet? Idiots!   Meh, who cares.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 1:57pm
I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say hallelujah to someone that says exactly what I've been thinking - the amount of times I've heard things about waiting until they're a lot older because of a, b, c or d is crazy. It didn't happen in our day and I don't see why the big push to 'let it happen' now.

If your child wasn't that interested in solids at 1, would you just leave them? They're all developmental milestones they need to get through in order to become successful little people. Quite often you find it's a parent issue, not that they're lazy, but that they don't get if you give it a couple of weeks of cold turkey you'd be amazed at what a little one can do.

Not a dig at anyone in particular, but I can definitely see where this lady is coming from. I see kids over 2.5 walking around in nappies and it does seem really odd to me. DS was out of nappies at 2 through a lot of perseverance on everyone's part, but my gosh has it been for the better.
 Post Reply Post Reply