FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSlings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slings
    Posted: 22 March 2010 at 1:14pm

Ok so I watched the 12pm news and basically this was on it.

baby wearing

I caught what I could of it but there was too much noise going on.

Sponsored Links

ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 10:20pm
oh dear that's got me thinking.

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 11:20pm
This story (and the consumer warning) SPECIFICALLY relates to bag slings, not all baby slings. There's some information about bag slings and why they're dangerous on the Slingbabies site here.

Properly sized and positioned pouch slings, ring slings, mei tais, wraps and soft structured carriers (which will hold baby so their spine is straight, not curved) are NOT dangerous. Hope that helps set your mind at ease. If you're worried about proper positioning, explore the Slingbabies site some more or even better, get along to a Slingbabies meeting.

If anybody has a bag sling though, please, throw it out!

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 2:43am
good info thank's I have oe of thesebubba moe which i love its alot like nature's one but got good info on postioning. thanks

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:49am
It was on Sunrise this morning aswell. I have a natures sway sling, is that OK? We love it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 6:34pm
HM I think it is alot to do wit hthe pistioning of them my friend has one of those and is having trouble hetting her not so little man in the right way.   They are really one of the most trusted ones.

Jackie86 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:23am
I was just thinking about getting one thanks for posting the links! better make sure it's a upright one

Post Reply Post Reply