FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2 birthday - 2 cakes help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 birthday - 2 cakes help!!
    Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:19pm
ok so any bakers out there i would be happy with some feedback.......ty is 3 and him and mia 1 are having there bday on saturday...i had decided on a train for him but then changed it to a spider.........so this is what i thought i would do......butter icing......legs iwht the licorise with choc in middle and oh crap i didnt buy enough......anyway dont really know wat else..............mia im doing mini mouse head only.........we got a outline from net.......and then im going to butter icing free hand.......and im slowly craping myself about that as i can only draw the sun :) and did i mention im stressing out with everything i need to do...........any help will be super sugestions too
Sponsored Links

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:16pm
Don't really have much advise but for DS birthday I baked the cake the day before as well as made salads and other stuff that could be done the day before. So that on the day all I needed to do was ice the cake and make a couple of other things.

Have you got someone who could help you out? Two sets of hands are always better then one.
Oh and you could also right a list of everything that needs to be done so that you aren't stressing about forgetting something.

And relax and enjoy . You will do great with the cakes, it is much easier then it sounds (coming from the one who just covered a cake with different coloured patches of icing). Oh another idea is to do a plan of each cake on paper and mark down what colour icing goes where and what decorations go where e.t.c.

Good luck and I am sure it will go fine.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 5:23pm
Make the cakes in advance- I suually do them a week or two ahead nad freeze- cakes ice better after they have been frozen and defrosted! I guess u dont have time to dot hat now, but you could do them tonight or tomorrow so at least that part is out of the way!
You can now get really cool glitter icing pens in packs of I think 4 colours for $5 from supermarket. You can then write happy birthday and jazz the cakes up a bit, they are cool!
For mini mouse, use lollies for the eyes, and make a bow out or ribbon and stick it on!
 Post Reply Post Reply