FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYou know your old when..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know your old when..
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:43pm

A radio station plays a flashback that came out when you were in high school

Big band music sounds good

You dont know who justin beiber is

Johnny Depp is your heartthrob

You remember Guns and roses
http://lilypie.com]
Sponsored Links

luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:48pm
Johnny Depp is HOT (Phwat? speak up! oh my arthritis is killing me, in my day they made men better and you could leave your doors unlocked, where's my cardigan it's cold in here, what were we talking about?
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:59pm
Oh saff - I have to agree with you on that - they did make men better in your day - well there abouts - mine was born in 69!

and Im drinking my hot milk before I go to bed

Johnny depp is not hot anymore - he has gotten too old
Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:50am
i always preferred George Clooney

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 11:13am
well im only 23 and that must make me old lol. I love Guns and Roses hehehe
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 11:17am
Johnny Depp has gotten hotter as he's got older.
George is pretty good too - there are some pretty fine 40 year olds on the TV and the movie screens atm.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:36pm
You know you are old when one of your FB friends makes a derogotory comment about Bret Michaels and how he's a desperate old man etc and you feel personally affronted for him....cos you still think that even tho he has dodgy hair extensions he's hot....
And you also know you are old when said friend probably only knows him from bad reality tv and she had a bunch of her friends saying who the hell is he? lol
But to be fair, I offended a bunch of them when I made some derogatory comment about justine bieber or whatever her name is, lol

And you know you are old when you are just as happy with a night in front of the fire than going out..in fact you probably prefer it, ha ha

Edited by fattartsrock
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 11:13pm
How about when your Nanny has never heard of either Freddy Kruger or Elton John - WTF!!!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 7:40am
... when you refer to 18 years olds as "kids" and no one bats an eyelid at you when you say it.

...when family members turn 21 and you remember what you were doing when you got the news they had been born.

MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 8:21am
im 21 and have no idea who justin bieber is lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:46am

The only person I know who liked Justin Bieber is my 13yr old niece - he's for kids.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
hcsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:56am
my 29 year old husband knew who justin bieber was before me (22)

Johnny depp is definately getting better with age, you can keep George Clooney though

Steps, Billie, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and 5ive are all flashbacks for me to intermediate...

Highschool is Shaggy, TLC, Crazytown and Korn
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:13am
You know you're old when your nephew says 'i found out my teacher is 24 today, that's sooooo old'

You know you're old when you've dialled a rotary phone and you can remember when phone numbers were only 5 numbers long....(our was 67886).

You know you're old when you see all the youngans out on the town in skimpy singlets and skirts and you're wrapped up in three layers of thermals, winter coat, beanie and scarf.

YOu know you're old when you start sounding like your own mother when listening to ZM and saying 'this music is horrible' and quickly turn to classic hits.

Sigh.......................I'm so old.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:24am

You know your old, when you drive past the local high school and think gosh their skirts are short!

I am old no denying it.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:25am
OH Jax, I'm screwed....I remember my old phone number of 880!!! I remember party lines too!

All I'll say is New Kids on the Block.....
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
hcsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 10:36am
Hey I know who NKOTB are lol... I used to love their happy birthday song!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 11:13am
Originally posted by AandCsmum AandCsmum wrote:

All I'll say is New Kids on the Block.....

OMG yes - wow that is old

I was alive when Elvis was alive

and when kids refer to you as 'lady' I want to be girl again!!!
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 12:54pm
I had ALL the NKOTB videos

Ok I keep thinking of these......it's getting quite depressing now.......

You know you're old when Billy Ray Cyrus (who I idolised) now has a teenage daughter. And when you thought all the All Blacks were really old and now you're at least 5 years older than the average age of all the players.

AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Jaxnz1 Jaxnz1 wrote:

... And when you thought all the All Blacks were really old and now you're at least 5 years older than the average age of all the players.

OMG yes!

I clearly remember the day I was at the cricket and was watching 'the teenaged next big thing' Daniel Vettori getting ready to bat (and picking his nose!)... he's now the damn captain and there's talk of his retirement in the next year or so!!
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 3:46pm
I remember back in the day making mix tapes from my tape player, running to press the record button when my fave songs came lol

I love NKOTB, they were awesome!

Also, instead of turning the volume up loud when watching TV or a movie, I'm complaining to DH to turn it down because it hurts my ears.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>