FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2011 babies :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287>
Author
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 9:36am
Hey Everyone!

Yay for a good plunket visit Heaf! Next to H, A would seem like a giant lol

Hope you're feeling better now Jaks! And goodluck with the diet! If shopping isnt a motivation, I don't know what is!

Yay fr your friend Isaacsmum! I hope you get sa bit more sleep soon!

We're going well here. I tried to install A's big carseat in the car yesterday, following the directions but it moved HEAPS from side t side and I couldnt get the belt to lock sooo.. I'm going to take it to plunket this morning I think and get them to do it for me haha. We're planning to drive to Marton labour weekend so I need it to be extra secure, I dont want her to be in her bapsule for that long drive (even with the stops..)

A's on 1-2 solid meals a day, so far she hasnt had too many things, farex, apple and a bit of pumpkin.. but I was going to give her banana this morning I think. She didnt like the pumkpin too much though, I gave it to herat night the other night and she was up most the night waking and crying and then wanting to feed, I'm not sure if it was a bad night or the pumpkin (I thought it would be a relatively safe vegetable though...) so I gave her more a couple mornings after and she did not want to eat it... ah well, I can always melt all the ice cubes and make pumpkin soup LOL

I'm also going to have to put her in her cot relly soon, I had to take her bassinet off her stand cos shes big and kicks it and it rocks. ITs wooden so it makes heaps of noise.. so now shes on the floor until I get her cot sorted lol.

Bah, I hear crying... so much for nap time.. bbl
Sponsored Links

Tinkerbelle83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:25am
Hi

Looks like H will be a petite little thing! Lucky for her :)

Good on ya Jaks for getting a diet started. I'd love to have that shopping trip!!

Exciting IssacsMum. I have 2 friends due next year and can't wait to meet the bubbas :) Already a bit clucky now!! Have to wait at least a year I think though :)

Hopefully you can get your carseat sorted Keolyn. Did you rent or buy the next size up? X is just about ready for the next size I think. We have one from my stepson but it's 9kg and up and is forward facing so we just need one for another six months or more.

The party went well last week :) Thanks for coming again Rachel. Lovely to see you and you little ones :) Chelsea really enjoyed the chocolate truffles!

It's school holidays here so have to try and keep a 6 yr old entertained! Think we might head into town on the train and have a picnic lunch with DH. Trying not to spend too much this week so thinking of free things to do!

Oh, X rolled over all by himself this morning (3 times as well!) He did roll from tummy to back a few weeks ago but that was a one off. Now he's figured it out there's no stopping him!!

3 precious Angel babies - Oct 09, Feb 10, June 10
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 11:48am
Tinkerbelle, In West Auckland we have a scheme run by Portage Licensing Trust... They donate carseats to every baby born in West Auckland. You just give a $30 donation to plunket and go pick it up :) (has to be before they are 4 mpnths tjhough and you have to have their birth cert and hospital discharge papers)
The one I got is a evenflo Tribute5, its up to 18kg or 101cm tall and is used rear facing :)

School holidays are hard! Have you thought of playdough? theres recipes online for some good ones.. cheap and easy!

Alice loved the banana, she was grabbing my hand holding the spoon and forcing it into her mouth lol

Got the seat all sorted, I think we werent pushing it down hard enough to get the belt tight, hopegully its more comfy for A :)
meganflett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 7:53pm
Poo question ladies...
This morning Luke tried a solid that he hadn't had before....since then he has had 3 poo's....all the same color, smell and consistency....he is drinking normally, happy...only difference is he slept this afternoon when he normally doesn't. he is up now happily chewing on his fingers and had been laughing / talking.
Is it safe to say it was just from the new flavor?? He doesnt seem sick...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 5:00pm
Oh wow, that's pretty cool Keolyn! I think we had to pay about $80 to hire the plunket one. Might have a look at the one you have though.

Holidays have been pretty good actually. He is a bit old for playdough really but we made cupcakes together the other day and he enjoyed that. Also went to the park today and will head out to the waterfront tomorrow to go on the Chocolate bus! I'm looking forward to that :) We have a start chart going so it's making life a bit easier ;)

Hope Luke was Ok Megan. I'd say that if he seems happy he's ok :) I would say there would be lots of change in their poos from now on when they try new things, just like when we might have something different I guess.

Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 5:40pm
Ah the joys of motherhod, I just got projectile peed on lol. Yesterday and the day before I fed A banana, she loved it but it seems to have blocked her up something chronic... I just went to change her nappy and she was trying to err.. get it out... the force made her wee on me from about 50cm away and the splash went all over my change table... for a girl that was pretty impressive haha she seems to be better now though, she was getting quite grumpy (fair enough!) no more nana I think lol

Yeah portage are pretty cool, at the end of high school I got a $2000 scholrship from them for 'furthering Education' got a medal and everything :P
mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 8:39pm
awesome work Keolyn

Josh is now mobile    He's had rolling over for a little while, but today he's figured out that he can roll multiple times - lol. In a matter of hours he went from happily staying on the mat to hitting his head on the TV, coffee table, and Isaacs toy box in quick secession (they form like a triangle around his mat). It's too soon, my baby's growing up

I also think a tooth is coming up. It's not quite through yet. That's 2mths earlier than Isaac.
jakspaksing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 11:04pm
well Em was back at the doctors this morning and cause she is a little older doc tried her on the nebulizer and it seemed to help a little so he gave us a script for an inhalier and i got a spacer from the nurses. so 1 puff 3 times a day is our life for a bit. there is my 3 lol alex with FASD kc with over active eye muscle now em not wanting to be left out seems to be with asthma. at least she is happy and content still with it all. doc still saying if she gets distressed to go to the hospital. i said to him she will probably be distressed only when she is near death lol she is just so happy and layed back.
had a good day today hanging with the kids and hubby. we took em to the doc and si took other two for petrol and then dropped it off home came got us then we got lunch then kc a helmet so she can now ride her bike then we got ems meds some meat then headed out to the mushroom farm and got a big box of mushrooms (the box you see in the store) 3kg worth for $16 and 6 big flat browns for $3 then on way home hubby decided an ice cream was in order so we went and got a rush munro one and walked around the block while eating it then it was home and gymnastics for kc. lets say bed will be good once i get there lol. going to go to the gyspsy fair tomorrow something fun for the kids to check out and do. hope you all have a good weekend this is a very long one for us so cant wait till tuesday when kids are back at school lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 7:37pm
Hey guys,

Thought i'd give a wee update on Luke.

He is doing so so well :) LOVING his solids, he is such a good eater I feel so lucky. He is still sleeping through the night (hoping not to jinx it lol) and he is generally just such a happy little boy! I feel so very lucky. Teething totally sucks though, he has had the RED hot cheeks and excessive drooling etc for months now but we still have no sign of actual teeth, very annoying for all involved lol.

In other news our neighbours are total losers who can't contain their loudness to their own house. Looks like we will be making yet another phone call in to noise control this evening.

Have posted about something else in the FB group that was a bit private to post here :)

take care everyone! Lets not let this thread fade !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 9:44am
J's tooth is up. Overnight he forgot how to roll multiple times, so he's back to just turning over.

bummer about the neighbours megan
LG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 12:48pm
Hi guys, havent had a chance to post for ages but have been coming on to read quickly and keeping up on FB too.

Quick question, how long is everyones baby's up for now? We've been doing an hour and a half but im wondering if i should keep her up for a bit longer.

Havent started solids yet but am thinking im going to do more BLW too, again because i cant be bothered doing too many purees. Poor second child he he
Quinn has started rolling and crawling kindof, more crawling than comando crawling but she cant lift her head up so we're calling it bulldozer crawling. Causing all kinds of havoc with her sleeping though - arghhhh!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of the school holidays (thank goodness they are almost done!!!)

Angel Baby Aug '12, Feb '13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 9:09am
It's really quiet on here. Guess we all busy with little 5mth+ babies!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 4:32pm
IsaacsMum I think we are all mostly on the FB group now?? its a bit more private and I think most people use it more often?

hope everyones bubbas are well
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 4:40pm
I'm still here just don't have time to get on much. Just feeding Austin now so get to sit down for a bit hehe. So Issacsmum and Tinkerbelle, fancy a catch up later this week, or next week? I can't do Fri this week or Mon/Tues next week but the rest is free
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 4:44pm
LG S is up for approx 1.5 hours from the time she wakes until she goes back down. Any longer and she gets way overtired and it's a nightmare to get her to sleep.

Issacsmum it is quiet in here! But like Megan said we are all chatting away on FB in the private group. I check FB throughout the day but I don't come in here as often. I think with this nice weather we are all probably out enjoying the sun (in Auckland at least) I hope everyone has some sunny weather where they are!

jakspaksing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspaksing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 4:47pm
i agree easier to check facebook than here and i like the private nature unlike here where you can have people from anywhere sign in and read whats said. still check in when i get an email saying someone has come in and said something lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 7:36pm
Can I join the FB group?

Hey Rachel, would love to catch up. I'm busy for the rest of this week, and working tues/thurs. But could do any other day next week
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 8:22pm
Of course you can Issacsmum, if you PM me your details I'll add you to the group if someone hasn't already added you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 10:25am
How about Wednesday next week Issacsmum and Rachelsea?

LG, X is up for about 1-2 hours and gets overtired after that. He had 2 really good sleeps this week though (2.5 hours! in the middle of the day) and stayed up for longer. He's got a cold and cough at the mo so is finding it hard to sleep anyway :(

I haven't had much of a chance to get on the internet at all in the last wee while so just catching up now.

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 12:08pm
Yep Wednesday is fine for me shall we try that Jville cafe seeing as you two are both over that way? 10:30am?

Austin's up for 2hrs at a time before he starts grizzling and wanting to go back to bed. Seems to have dropped the 30min naps thank god and usually does 45min - 1hr10. On Saturday morning he slept for 2.5hrs though lol, typical as we wanted to leave, but I wouldn't let DH wake him up as didn't want him to think it's bad to have a big sleep haha. He had his 1hr10min nap this morning so will probably have two shorter naps for the rest of the day. At night he's only waking up twice for a feed at the mo which is great and gets up for the day around 6-6:30am. I can live with that!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287>