FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIntroductions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
jadex3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadex3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 12:11pm
Hi im not pregnant with twin, but i have 3 year old twin boys will be good to hear how you are all getting along. im also in papakura.
Sponsored Links

Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:36pm
Hi jadex3

I too am in Papakura - in the Maternity Unit at the moment with my 16 day old boy/girl twins.

Maybe once they've fattened up & we're all out (fingers crossed by Christmas) we could catch up in the new year & you can give me some tips on what to expect etc????

jadex3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadex3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:41am
Hey congrats! id love to meet up! i hope all is going well! i hope you have a fab christmas with youe littlies and hopefully you get to spend it at home!
MomoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MomoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:45pm
HI there,

I'm pregnant with MoDi twins (monochorionic diamniotic). I'm in Auckland, EDD is early August. Anyone out there?
hennypenny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennypenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 5:19pm
Hi Momo Mum I am in Auckland and my monodi boys are due April. Cant believe how quickly its all come round. Welcome x
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:53pm
Hi Ladies

What part of Auckland are you in, it would be a good idea to join one of the Multiple birth clubs, they run new parent evenings, and it's a great heads up of what to expect before you have your twins!

PM me if you need any more info

bubsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 11:32am
Hiya everybody I have a 3 1/2yr old girl Stella a 22mth old girl Danika and we are expecting twins at the end of may begining of june. We are in auckland, Mt Eden
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 12:25pm
Welcome MomoMum & bubsy!!!
Goodness bubsy you are going to be one busy lady. I think its great they'll all be close in age when they are older.

hennypenny - how is everything going with you doll???

Our twins are 8 weeks old now (born 5 weeks prem) & we started them on the "Save Our Sleep" routine last Friday when they both weighed in just over 3kgs so didn't need 3 hourly feeds anymore - yay!). It took 5 nights & they have slept from 10.30pm-7am for 4 nights in a row now - whoop whoop! I still have to get up at 3.30am to express but Dr 90210 entertains me for half an hour    In a week we'll trial the next routine of 7pm-7am with a 10pm dreamfeed.

They are such good babies even tho the boy has a bit of reflux & can get really upset from the pain. Poor little man!

Edited by Wannabe

hennypenny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennypenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 12:20pm
Hi wannabe

Al going well with me, we are now almost 30 weeks and I finish work next week. We have been discahrged from the high risk fetal medicine clinic as both boys are growing and measuring great weights for gestation so all good. Looking forward to finishing work and hopefully putting my feet up for a few weeks. The humidity has been horrid to deal with. Feel relatively organised and looking forward to the arrival of family from the UK to lend a helping hand atround the house.

Welcome bubsy - I am in Mt Eden too :-)
becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 9:29pm
Hi everybody I have a 2 and a half year old son and we are now expecting twins on 11th October. Any tips or advice would be very welcome!!

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 8:21pm
Hi Becky, congrats, are you having ID twins?

becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 10:54am
They have said they are farternal twins as two placentas. Fraternal twins run in our family two! Very excited!

Edited by becky

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 6:50pm
Hi Becky! And welcome to the wonderful world of twins! I have identical twin girls Hazel & Esme who will be three in a few weeks :) So pretty close in age to your wee man. We are in the process of trying for number 3.

I see your living in Crumble town too lol. How's your son handling the earthquakes?

Edited by lisa85

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 1:04pm
Hey Lisa85 DS is coping ok with the Shakes, when he feels one he asks for a cuddle he usually gets over it pretty quickly. Thats awesome about ttrying for number three I always wanted three children just thought there would be a bigger gap between 2nd and 3rd LOL however we are stoked I am so looking forward to meeting my wee babies but still enjoying pregnancy!

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 6:56pm
LOL 3 is my magic number too Although if I got another set of twins I certainly wouldn't complain. At least this time round I would know what I'm doing But I am very much looking forward to seeing what having one bubs to dote on is like. I was kind of thrown in the deep end with the girls. It was all a bit like being on auto pilot for the first few months. I was so lost being a first time Mum and having two This time around I'm hoping to spend a little more time drinking in all those amazing little newborn moments.

Have you told your son he's going to be a big brother yet?

MC April 2010
becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 9:58am
Hey Lisa yes we have told him he also knows mum is having two babies not sure if it has quite sunk in for him probably once I get bigger and he can feel the babies kick. How do you join the multiples club?

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 10:23am
I actually never joined the multiples group. As there weren't any close to where I was living at the time so I just went with a normal coffee group. I did enquire about it in the beginning though.
Here's the link to the CMBC website http://www.cmbc.co.nz/ it has all the contact details. You should ask them about multiple antenatal classes as well. Even if you've done antenatal classes with your son I've heard it's quite worth while. I never got to do it though as they only run it depending on how many women they have interested. So it always pays to ask if they have one coming up :)
Are you planning on trying for a natural birth or are you thinking of going for the c-section?

MC April 2010
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 11:58am
Hi ladies, just found out this morning we are expecting twins. They will be our first babies lol! So excited/nervous all rolled into one. Its starting to sink in slowly. Just rung my mw to let her know and shes filled me in on what happens next etc. Yay!
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 3:50pm
Yay Wantabub! Congrats on the amazing news! It's such an amazing journey :) It's a day you'll never forget. I still remember the day I found out it was twins. It was my first scan and I was 12 weeks. I could see two babies straight away before anyone said anything I still remember every moment and every feeling. Was your partner with you when you found out?

By the way ladies feel free to join us in the twins, triplets or more thread. Theres not a huge number of us on this website but we all hang out in there :) They are a great bunch of ladies that love sharing stories and advice. I'm the only other one in CHCH. I think most of our ladies are in the North Island :) Heres the link to our main multiples thread - http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23153&PN=1&TPN=178

MC April 2010
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 11:25pm
OMG Wantabub - that is freaking awesome!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>