FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEverything Pasta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 5:53pm
When I use tomato based sauces I add a little bit of grated cheese to the simmering sauce, makes it taste really yum :)

Chicken cabonara is an easy one to make as well.
Its just chicken, onion, bacon, cream, bacon, mushrooms and fettucine.
Fry the bacon, onions and mushrooms first and put to the side....brown the chicken in a big pan, add the cream(you can substitute some of the cream with milk as well) add the bacon and mushrooms and simmer for 20mins.

It's also nice to cover the raw chicken with cornflour first, then cook but you don't have too.
You can also add whatever veges you want to it.

Edited by kellie

Sponsored Links

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:35pm
Oh yum, I love pasta! These are my faves:

Garlic, white wine, tin of tomatoes, prawns, parsley on spaghetti.
Red onion, garlic, diced fresh tomatoes, diced fresh zucchini, prawns on spaghetti.
Onion, bacon, mushroom, peas and cream on seashells.
Tin of tuna in olive oil whizzed up with a bag of rocket and some lemon juice in a food processor, on fresh pasta (I use cut up lasagne sheets).

Have a random lasagne creation for tonight, will see how it goes:

Mince sauce: chicken mince sauteed with onion, garlic, mushrooms, white wine and sour cream.

Cheese sauce: cottage cheese mixed with cooked chopped spinach, two eggs, grated cheese, and a wee bit blue cheese.

Layered between fresh lasagne sheets, with some chopped tinned tomatoes poured over the top and more grated cheese and parmesan sprinkled on top.
KirstyLeigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by SpecialK SpecialK wrote:

] Oh yum, I love pasta! These are my faves:

Have a random lasagne creation for tonight, will see how it goes:

Mince sauce: chicken mince sauteed with onion, garlic, mushrooms, white wine and sour cream.

Cheese sauce: cottage cheese mixed with cooked chopped spinach, two eggs, grated cheese, and a wee bit blue cheese.

Layered between fresh lasagne sheets, with some chopped tinned tomatoes poured over the top and more grated cheese and parmesan sprinkled on top.

This sounds AMAZING!!!!!
rachndean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachndean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 10:49pm
We love doing pasta for the kids on nights that we get home late. Cook some pasta up. In a frypan saute onion, garlic, add pasta and chopped cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, silverbeet, mushrooms; whatever you have in the fridge (or vege garden), throw in drained tuna/salmon or cooked chicken, fold through some cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper mmmmmmmmm. We literally use what =ever we can find, have had it with carrots, brocolli, snowpeas...... the kids love it!

DD Savannah 18.01.04
DS Austin 04.09.08
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 12:57pm
YUM! One that I love and is so simple to make is just pasta, olive oil, a sprinkling of pine nuts and a little cooked spinach. yum!

shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 11:51pm
mmmm pasta.... my fave is cooking an onion, button and brown mushrooms and adding home made parsley pesto - which involves tonnes of flat leaf parsley from the garden, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil and garlic. Is a shame parmesan is so expensive, but I don't use much and sometimes use walnuts or raw cashews which are cheaper than pinenuts. I can't wait for bubs to be born so I can eat it again ( as such volumes of parsley are supposed to be avoided during pregnancy).
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by shesmiles shesmiles wrote:

mmmm pasta.... my fave is cooking an onion, button and brown mushrooms and adding home made parsley pesto - which involves tonnes of flat leaf parsley from the garden, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil and garlic. Is a shame parmesan is so expensive, but I don't use much and sometimes use walnuts or raw cashews which are cheaper than pinenuts. I can't wait for bubs to be born so I can eat it again ( as such volumes of parsley are supposed to be avoided during pregnancy).

You could use basil or coriander instead, thats what I do.

Edited by kellie

shesmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shesmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by kellie kellie wrote:

Originally posted by shesmiles shesmiles wrote:

You could use basil or coriander instead, thats what I do.

Only problem is - I can't grow either of them as prolifically as I can grow parsley Maybe this summer
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 1:57pm
Love pasta!

My basic pasta sauce is a sauteed onion, garlic, chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and a bit of concentrated chicken stock. I then use that as a base for lots of variations.

Others I love are:

Creamy smoked chicken pasta
Chicken stock (reduced down in a frypan)
Creme Fraiche
Dijon Mustard
Chives
Smoked chicken breast
Sundried tomatoes
Parmesan

Ham lasagne rollups
take fresh pasta sheets and place some sliced ham and grated cheese in the middle then roll up (kinda like a canneloni).
Put them in a baking dish with some of the following sauce on the bottom and the rest on top
2 tins tomatoes
garlic
onion
cream
mushrooms
olives

Yum yum yum

Sausage pasta is the old standby
My basic pasta sauce as above, spiced up with extra chilli flakes added to sausages that you have removed from their casings and fried (like little nuggets) mixed with penne.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, my absolute favourite for summer is fresh tomato spaghetti
Punnet of cherry tomatoes chopped in half and mushed in a bowl so the juices run out
tons and tons of chopped basil
one small clove of garlic (normally like tons but it is raw so go gentle)
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 9:31pm
I love pasta too, especially carbornara:

Garlic, bacon, paprika, cream, fresh pasta, parmesan, eggs and a bit of salt and pepper. Mmmmm quick and easy and super tasty!
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 2:48pm
pasta salad - I use the big tuna tins that are flavoured - savoury onion is the best - then add peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives and parsley - goes down a treat at bbqs

Tomatoe and basil flavour is also pretty good
http://lilypie.com]
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 3:48pm
yum these sound so good.

got a question tho, does anyone know where to get more interesting pasta from (not macaroni, spirals fettuccine, spaghetti) like shapes and stuff. or alphabet etc.
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 6:08pm
countdown has a brand called barilla - i got a gnocchi shape which is great
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:13pm
We are big on tomato based sauces made with fresh ingredients.

Olive oil, fresh garlic, red onion, canned italian tomatoes, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and loads of fresh basil. Served on fresh (not dried) pasta with shaved parmesan cheese and a few more fresh basil leaves.
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:57pm
We love this nigella one
Fry an onion and 2 sliced chorizo in olive oil, add garlic and saute, meanwhile cook pasta (thin macaroni is good), throw everything together with tin or canellini beans, and tin of tomatoes plus half the tin filled with water from the cooked pasta.

Keeps well, usually make on Friday and eat all weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12