FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEverything Pasta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Madiandmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything Pasta
    Posted: 08 October 2010 at 3:16pm
Okay so I love pasta, alot. I love it hot or cold and would really love some new flavours to add to my recipe base.
So whats your fav pasta sauce or pasta dish? Not just jars either, I would really love to hear what you put in your homemade pasta sauce to make it super special

Anything from good old mac n cheese to fancy fettucine and even whats in the sauce that makes your lasagne so heavenly!!

TIA

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:55pm
my sister and her kids like tuna in their pasta... a bit of mustard powder in the cheese sauce for the mac and cheese is nice too...   my husband is a bit of a traditionalist and doesnt like it when i experiment with pasta. my kids love it plain!

KirstyLeigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:53pm
I am a HUGE fan of mac and cheese, and have been experimenting lately. I now fold slices of tomato and slices of hard bolied eggs in with the mixture before sprinking with (HEAPS of!) cheese and baking. Yummm

The pasta bake sauces from Dolmio (I think?) are also delicious, I like the cheesy tomato one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:56pm
The tomato with extra cheese by any chance KirstyLeigh?? That ones amazing!
And your mac and cheese sounds amazing!

My DD would eat an entire plate of plain pasta shapes LOL!

KirstyLeigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Madiandme Madiandme wrote:

The tomato with extra cheese by any chance KirstyLeigh?? That ones amazing!
And your mac and cheese sounds amazing!

My DD would eat an entire plate of plain pasta shapes LOL!

Yesss!! It's SO good! I have it at least once a week, as well as mac & cheese

I used to be just like your DD when I was little, plain pasta was my absolute favourite, never wanted any sauce! Haha!!
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:24am
I love having watties morrocan tomatoes with risono shapes and plenty of cheese on top

And love doing pasta bakes. Just cooked pasta, cooked veges mixed in with a brought tomato sauce, sprinkle cheese on top and bake till golden.

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 1:55pm

With my glut of tomatos last year I made a roast tomato pasta sauce. Can't find the recipe now , but was something like 1kg 1/4ed toms, a couple of capsicum sliced, a red onion sliced, ?????.  Anything else you want I guess. Sprinkle with olive oil and slow roast at 150 degrees for an hour or so. At the same time roast a bulb of garlic sprinkled with olive oil in a piece of tinfoil in the same dish as other veges. When cooled, whizz veges together (squeeze garlic out of skin), add salt and pepper and fresh basil leaves, whizz and voila! Freezes really well and is so yummy, even my fussy DH loved it.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 2:36pm
i use the chicken tonight mushroom sauce quite a bit. I use either pork or chicken, cut into small pieces, brown it and add some mixed veges and then the sauce then add it to cooked pasta, my fave is penne, then add cheese and breadcrumbs to the top and bake it... mmmmm!!!!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 2:37pm
oh and my standard mac n cheese has boiled egg, bacon, tomatoe.

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 2:56pm
My spring favourite is bacon, red onion, garlic, pepper, asparagus, avocado and feta. Lots of veges and very yummy. No sauce needed cos the av has lots of oil in it.
Mum to two wee boys
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 5:23pm
a really yummy but basic one- cooked pasta, a can of tuna (i get the flavoured ones) baby rocket and cherry tomatoes. the sauce/oil from the tuna flavours it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:43am
Yummo, thanks all. Keep the inspiration coming

H_ do you find you needa leave the tuna in the pasta a lil while for the flavours to soak through..? Or is this just me lol

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 12:25pm
depends on how hungry im am! lol but it is better when you leave the pasta/tuna for a bit then put everything else in
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 4:52pm
Pasta Salad - Sweet and Sour

2c shell pasta (i use half a bag - can do macaroni or other small pasta - penne and spirals a tad too big)
2 tomatoes (or 3 smaller ones - use it all juice/slush is fine too)
1 chopped onion (very fine as its raw)
1 small green capsicum diced (optional)
1 cucumber diced (optional)

Chop veges, mix with cooked pasta

Sauce (I double this to go with 1/2 bag of pasta):
½c sugar (or slightly less - 1/2C for a doubled recipe is good - can be too sweet for some people)
¼c oil (or slightly less - turns out too slimy when cold if too much is used)
1/3c tomato sauce
¼c wine vinegar
1t paprika
Salt & pepper

Mix together and heat for a few seconds to dissolve sugar.
Pour over veges and pasta
WIll keep in a covered container for 3 days in fridge.

---------

I like to heat it up to eat it but thats my preference as i like the sauce warm but its very yummy cold too.
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 4:59pm
Pineapple Macaroni Cheese

1 450g can crushed pineapple
1T instant chicken stock (or 1 oxo cube)
6T flour
1/4 Bag macaroni elbows
2c grated (tasty) cheese
3 rashers bacon/ham
2c boiling water
75g butter
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional : Bread crumbs on top
1. Cook the pasta.
2. Drain pineapple and keep the juice
3. Dissolve the chicken stock in the boiling water.
NB: if using premade liquid chicken stock use 2c and omit stock and boiling water.
4. Melt butter in saucepan and stir in flour, salt and pepper.
5.To make the sauce add the juice and stock 1c at a time. Heat and stir after each addition (Same process as making white sauce)
6. Spread ½ the macaroni over a buttered dish, sprinkle half the cheese and half the sauce. Repeat again.
7. Top with crushed pineapple and sauce.
8. Layer bacon on top. Put bread crumbs on top at this stage if using.
9. Bake for 30 min at 180* or until bacon is crisp

------------

Freezes fantastically and is a low dairy alternative to normal mac n cheese.

I usually double this to feed 3 adults who have big meals and it leaves one small plate of leftovers
RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 5:22pm
Basil Pesto Pasta:

Basil pesto (I buy with sweet chilli sauce)
can of tomatoes
onion
tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, or more if you want it spicier :D
Salami
Chicken breast
Could also use bacon instead of salami, cut up sausages, sometimes I add peas, or capsicum or just whatever :)

I cook all this up in the fry pan then throw through some cooked pasta
Then bang it in the oven for 10mins with some grated cheese on top YUM
RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 5:25pm
Smoked Chicken pasta:

Buy one smoked chicken and pull it apart to toss through
Sachet (or 2) of creamy chicken pasta (mis through cream before you put it in the pasta)
Bottle (or 2) of cream (Depends how many your cooking for). Or can use milk if wanting something lighter
Capsicum/peas/corn/bacon whatever you want to make it unique

Then throw it all through cooked pasta and warm up in a pot, YUMMY.
We usually serve with herb bread or garlic bread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:01pm
Oh yum! Will def be trying a few of these this week

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 9:39pm
I like to make pasta bakes, I cook the pasta and then I also saute various veges, whatever is in the house. Then add a can of lentils (or could do from dry lentils) and a can of tomatos, add in some herbs and black pepper. Sometimes I will then make a white/cheese sauce and put that on top of the pasta bake along with cheese and pumpkin seeds (or whatever seeds) then shove in the oven lol.

The lentils are a secret trick to bulk up pasta and half the time people don't even notice they are in there.

Oh yeah, if I am feeling kind I might make two and one I stick pepperoni sausage chopped up in for DH (I'm a vego). And if I am feeling flash I might add olives and capers and sun dried tomatos etc.

Oct 11
bopmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bopmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:56pm
Yum! DP and I love pasta meals too!!

Chicken, cream, tin of tomatoes, one of those dips that has cashews and Parmesan with either basil, sundried tomatoes etc, chuck all together in a frying pan, serve of fresh pasta. Very quick and easy meal.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>