FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDinner tonight? :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KirstyLeigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinner tonight? :)
    Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:58pm
I love cooking, and I love getting ideas for dinner, so i thought I'd start this topic as I (sadly) don't have a crockpot I'd love to hear what everyone else is having.

Tonight I'm making fish and chips using this recipe:

http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2005/july/how-to-cook-crumbed-fried-fish-and-chips

It worked out to be super cheap, as there are only 2 of us. Hopefully it turns out!
Sponsored Links

Madiandmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 6:50pm
Ooo good idea, as this was the kinda topic I was looking for earlier!

We just had stretched sausages..

4 Sausages
2 apples
2onions
2tbsp brown sugar
2tbsp wine vineagar
1tbsp of sweet chilli sauce

Brown onions slowly in as little oil as possible. While onion browns skin sausages under cold tap and roll into several small balls. Fry these in seperate pan. Core and peel apples and cut into slices/ squares whatever you prefer and add to onions. Lightly brown the apples then add brown sugar and vineagar and mix. (To make more sauce add 1/2 up water/wine/stock and cornflour)

Once sausages are cooked through, drain off excess fat and add to other pan. Stir through the tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce before serving on rice/ noodles or pasta. Its also really nice on a slice of bread LOL!

So yummy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 2:06pm
The sausages sound YUM!!!!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 2:33pm
sandwiches tonight - the kids call it lunch dinner!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 5:22pm
Tonight... Pasta bake!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 5:37pm
Thanks to heaf3, we're having this (it's SO GOOD!!!):

Self-Crusting Quiche

1pkt Ham
5 Eggs
3Tbsp Melted Butter
1 1/2cups Milk
1/2 cup Flour
salt and pepper
1cup Grated Cheese.

Beat eggs, add melted butter, milk, ham and cheese. Stir in sifted flour, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour into greased quiche dish and bake 30mins at 190'c. You can basically add anything you want to this quiche, leave out the ham or replace with bacon etc, or add onion, spinach, tomato etc.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 7:28pm
my lot strangely never liked that quiche kirsty..

tonight was mince with leftover rice and beans and some hot out of the oven cheese scones.

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 8:07pm
It was a quick and easy dinner for us tonight.  The kids has fish fingers and oven fries with salad.  I had sushi which I made last night and DH took doritos, taco mince (also made last night), salsa, sour cream and cheese to work so he could make nachos.  I'm currently making some tomato sauce and pasta to go with the lamb meatballs I made earlier for DH to take to work for dinner tomorrow night but I have no idea what I'm going to feed myself and the children yet.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 8:22pm
Bolognaise pasta bake... cooked mince and drained the fatty liquid off, added a 500ml jar of pasta sauce and 3.5 cups of water, 1/2 pack of uncooked pasta, chuck it all in a dish and bake for 35 mins at 200 degrees. was yum! Between the 4 of us we barely got through half, so thats dinner tomrrow sorted too!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 9:21pm
We had home made butter chicken....yummo....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 11:20pm
The boyfriend's car broke down before the supermarket trip...so I had 2 minute noodles...sigh
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:58am
On Sunday night we had roast chicken and veges. Then on Monday night I turned the leftovers into a Chicken and Vege pie and a Chicken and Vege Quiche. We have the pie on Monday night and the quiche last night.
Lindsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Linzy Linzy wrote:

On Sunday night we had roast chicken and veges. Then on Monday night I turned the leftovers into a Chicken and Vege pie and a Chicken and Vege Quiche. We have the pie on Monday night and the quiche last night.

Linzy, this is such an awesome idea, I'm pretty bad with using leftovers, usually my partner justs wolfs whatever is left down for a second dinner

How did you make the pie?
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 3:30pm
Tonight we are having something using spinach fettucine, mushrooms and chicken...just got to work out the sauce from the random ingredients I have!
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 3:45pm

My mum went to a cheese factory in the weekend and bought feta so tonight I think I'll have a salad with feta, bacon, mesculan leaves, chicken strips, GF croutons, cucumber and carrots with some lite italian dressing.

DH and I can take leftovers for work tomorrow and the kids can have some as a side dish (still not sure what their main will be though)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 4:29pm
Spinach pasta sounds so yum and so does the feta salad!!!

I'm making trusty beef stroganoff, thank you Maggi cook in the pot!!! Sooo cheap too, yuss
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 4:37pm
My wee DS has discovered that he likes mushrooms so half of them haven't even made it to the pasta yet.  Oh well...happy he likes them raw too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyLeigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by happymumma happymumma wrote:

My wee DS has discovered that he likes mushrooms so half of them haven't even made it to the pasta yet.  Oh well...happy he likes them raw too!

Awww cute! I'm not a fan, but boyfriend is, so I add them anyway...I wonder if my bebe will love them? Could go either way I suppose! Did you end up figuring out a sauce?
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by KirstyLeigh KirstyLeigh wrote:

Originally posted by Linzy Linzy wrote:

Linzy, this is such an awesome idea, I'm pretty bad with using leftovers, usually my partner justs wolfs whatever is left down for a second dinner

How did you make the pie?

I actually stole the idea from one of the other threads!
I used bought pastry for the base and top. I just cut the chicken and veges up into small cubes and mixed the gravy through it so that everything was 'wet'. There wasn't enough gravy so I also added a soup mix and maybe a cup of water. Baked it at 200C for 15min and then 180C for about 20min
Lindsey

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 10:08am
We did that too the last time we had roast chicken, but we cheated, we have a piemaker
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>