FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedActivites for Boys - 2yrs +

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Activites for Boys - 2yrs +
    Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:55am
Hi there,

I have been looking for the last 6 months for some sort of sporting type activity to get DS involved in and can't seem to find anything. Most things I have looked into don't start until 5 years.

Does anyone know anything that starts around 3 years of age?

I have looked into Soccer/Football but there are none in ChCh, only Wellington.

I don't want gym or dance, only because in is not particularly interested in it but loves playing sport with all the big kids and he is very co-ordinated.

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 11:04am
soccer4tots

theres also kick it kids in new brighton, but they dont have a website.

oh and little kickers

forget the first two they dont apear to have any in your area... (silly kidspot brought them up for a search of ch/ch).

Edited by Bizzy

jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 8:53pm
Athletics runs over the summer months, usually Labour weekend until just before Easter. There are swimming lessons, preschool gymnastics (which is actually really cool) and sometimes the YMCA will offer a sports sampler class for preschoolers.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 7:41pm
Thanks Bizzy! Toddler for tots is finally available in ChCh! I checked it about 2 months ago and it wasn't so am stoked about that. The other one (Little Kickers) is not in ChCh.

Thanks Jaz, no Athletics in ChCh until 5, same with cricket, karate and rugby. Am not fussed on Gym as He really isn't interested in it. Loves running, kickin, tackling stc,

lottieandharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lottieandharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 8:51pm
The other thing that my 4 year old has done is Tiddlers Multisport. It's like a baby triathalon, really well run and heaps of fun. It is not a weekly thing just once every term but if he likes running and biking and bouncy castles it might be worth entering.
For 2-7year olds.

Tiddlers Mulitsport

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 12:29pm
Bit late now, but you can start your kids skiing from around 2 years old. Karate/Judo/Other martial arts often offer a pre-school class too. Both are not exactly team sports though, if thats what you're after?
reblinn267083 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reblinn267083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 5:23am
I see there are many options for physical activity. However, my husband decided that he needed to look a little into the future and began to show the children the rules of the game of football. It may seem to you that this is still early, but it is not. Children grow up quickly. My husband loves football and will be glad if he and his sons have a common hobby. He can attend their matches and also watch the senior championship using livescores.biz. This is a dedicated site for sports fans and those who want to bet Thus, we have a common cause and no one will be bored)
 Post Reply Post Reply