FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWINZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 7:13pm
Yup. You need a bank statement from like the last month up to that day so they can see where your money has gone.
Sponsored Links

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 7:59pm

Steph I would say it depends upon the office.  I needed it a month or so before Christmas and all I needed to show them was a receipt from an ATM.  I think I was asked why I was in that situation but I just told them that my daughter had been in hospital so I had had extra costs.  They didn't ask me to verify that in any way - mind you that might have been because I was in tears on the phone to them!!

It sounds like it very much depends on where you are and the person you happen to get on the other end of the phone or in their office. 

Stephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 8:51pm
Thanks for the help guys :D I will ring them tomorrow morning and ask them about it. Sucks if I have to bring in bank statements. I dont mind if I have to but its a bit extreme really I reckon lol
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 9:18pm
After all i've heard about WINZ i was afraid of my first appointment today but must have struck gold, had a lovely woman who flicked through my forms, complimented my organisational skills because i had all the evidence they required, coo'd over the baby and had me in and out within 30min. AND she told me i'd qualify for DPB from the day he was born despite the fact i'm technically working (on PPL) until March 03, they will backdate me and deduct my PPL payments as income as to avoid the week stand-down.

Bloody relieved to have had a good experience!
Stephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 10:13am
So apparently according to WINZ, having zero food in the house doesn't count as an emergency and I have to book an appointment to get any EMERGENCY money. I thought emergency meant that it was urgent and needed ASAP. Not a week from now. So looks like we have zero food until Monday (when we get paid again). Four days of no food while pregnant sounds great......Going to have to get some food off mum. Its times like these I hate being so poor :( We are usually pretty good but this week has hit us extremely hard :(

Edited by StephiG
happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:23am
That's not good Stephi. Do you know of a foodbank you could go to to see you through until you can get to WINZ?
Becs

Stephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:31am
Originally posted by mum2alana mum2alana wrote:

That's not good Stephi. Do you know of a foodbank you could go to to see you through until you can get to WINZ?

I dont know of any, but am sooo hesitant to go there. I feel crap enough as it is already without resorting to a food bank but you gotta do what you gotta do! My Ex SO's sister has an appointment with them today to see if she can get some money for food (as she turned up here with nothing) so hopefully she can and we can get some food!
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 12:24pm
Oh no, sorry to hear it's not worked out with WINZ, hopefully you can still get something.

And please don't be ashamed of going to a food bank if you need to. So many people have to resort to it these days; there's no shame in it.

Hope it starts looking up for you soon!
happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 2:30pm
Yes, what MissShell said. I know I would be hesitant to as well but you know, all sorts have had to resort to them lately because of recession and job situation so hold your head up high and find one. Perhaps call local Sallie Army places as they will know of some/where they are.
Becs

Stephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by MissShell MissShell wrote:

Oh no, sorry to hear it's not worked out with WINZ, hopefully you can still get something.

And please don't be ashamed of going to a food bank if you need to. So many people have to resort to it these days; there's no shame in it.

Hope it starts looking up for you soon!

The ex SIL managed to get some money today so we asked her to contribute some food so she did. Thank god for that lol. We get paid on monday so what we got should last us till then. A bit rude of her turning up with nothing and expecting to stay for such a long time without contributing I think. I dont usually care but she knew we were tight this week and she still thought she could come here and live off the little we had :(
#2onthewayxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #2onthewayxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 2:40pm
Hey just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I just changed jobs when I found out I was pregnant so now I only get 3 months PPL. I do want to go back to work eventually but, even though my partner works 24/7 i will have to go back to work asap unless i have another option. If I would qualify for dpb, can anyone tell me roughly how much it is so i can at least consider my options. I tried talking to my tocal WINZ centre but the receptionist said I can't talk to anyone until my PPL is over. HELP!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 3:20pm
Pretty sure you would not be eligible for the DPB if you have a partner, and I don't recommend lying to them about that...

You might be able to get something from IRD though, in terms of Working For Families payments.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 3:38pm
You can get an income top up thing from winz, i dont know anything about it really but my friend got it when she wasnt working with a new bub and her partners income wasnt enough. It was something like $100 a week just to top them up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 3:51pm
WINZ also do an accommodation supplement thing, depending on your income. I'm not sure what the threshold is for that though.
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 3:25pm
Does anyone know if WINZ help with legal costs?
choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 5:38pm
don't think WINZ can help you with legal costs

you should be able to get legal aid to help thou Legal Aid

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:25pm
Citizens advice bureau can also help you out and point you in the right direction.

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 5:25pm
Yeah I have talked to them. I need to get a seperation agreement signed and I was told that the Waitakere law center would be able to do it but when I went there they told me that I have to get a proper lawyer to do it. There just happened to be a lawyer there who explained it to me, she seems really nice and said that they will only charge $150-200 but I still can't really spare that. Will have to be on a very strict budget for a few weeks before being able to pay it.
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 1:29pm
Cab they work out a payment plan for you flutterby? When we did our seperation agreement (which was horrendously $$$$) we got sent an invoice a few weeks later and had a month to pay it so you might be able to get them to do the work and pay it in a few weeks.

.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 10:42pm
I have nothing but kind words for WINZ today, and thought I should post my compliments to them.

Popped in after my scan today to hand in my (month old) Medical Certificate and do a benefit transfer, and they gave me an appointment straight away! I was halfway through filling out my form when I was called from the reception area. (Although a friend was there waiting for an Emergency Appt and I know she'd been there for hours - don't think she was too pleased that I was there only a few minutes, eek.)

The case worker I got was wonderful, clicked all the new info in, and gave me loads of info about the DPB and what I'll be entitled to, as well as discussing what is happening in reguards to the birth certificate and the father, and even sorted out the relative forms I need to fill out so I could take them home with me and fill them out beforehand.

I love being treated like a human being.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>