FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst time mum new to Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amber83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time mum new to Auckland
    Posted: 01 December 2010 at 5:11pm
Hi everyone, I have just moved to Auckland and have a 4 month old. I would love to join a coffee group and meet other mothers. I am currently in Botany and will be moving to Highland Park in January. I am enjoying motherhood but am finding it a bit lonely,and would love to get out and mix with other mothers.
Sponsored Links

pinkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 7:32pm
Hi amber, im nikki. I have a 17month old son and am pregnant with #2 due in april.
Amber83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 8:54pm
Hi Nikki, congratulations thats exciting. Where about do you live? I would love to meet up for a coffee or something. What would be easiest with your little man?
BrendensMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendensMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 10:51pm
Hi Amber, welcome to Auckland. I have a 4 month old as well and live over on the shore.
DS SB 11.04.07
After 8 years a natural conception
Amber83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 7:45am
Hi BrendensMum, thanks for the welcome. That nice to meet someone else with a little one the same age. If you are keen we could all organize a day to meet up, we could meet you half way somewhere suitable. Look forward to hearing from you.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:01am
Hey Amber, I'm guessing by the 83 you're about the same age as me (another '83 baby ) Nikkis in Manurewa, I'm in Papatoetoe, and most Monday mornings we try to meet up at the Plunket rooms in Manurewa (next to the police station) if you are ok with travelling in?

Oh and I have a 17 month old too, and due with #3 in March (also have a 7y old as of Sunday but he's at school so you'll prob not get to meet him)
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Amber83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 3:21pm
Hey Lisa, nice to hear from you, I am indeed an 83 baby, I grow up in Papatoetoe, moved to Howick when I was 16. My partner and I left Auckland 3 years ago and have just come back. I would love to meet up with you guys, you sound like a busy woman, lots of fun though. I am usually free every Monday, except this one coming , but I will definitely come the following week if you are having one. Nice to meet some mothers my age.
pinkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:19pm
Monday 20th will be the last coffee group for the year (there is one on the 13th) 10am. Everyone welcome. For anyone wanting to attend the one of the 20th we just ask if you can bring a plate and a book wrapped up so we can get the children to swap gifts. Any questions just ask.
Amber83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 10:39pm
That sounds great, would love to come. See you all next week.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 11:30pm
I'll be there if Jaes spots have cleared in time... and its my little brothers birthday, so I imagine mum will have something planned for that day being school hols and all... hopefully its something in the afternoon so we can do both

I highly doubt with the rate the spots are appearing that I will make the 13th sorry!

Amber, i was the same a few years ago! I grew up in papakura, then left for a few years with my (now ex) husband, came back on my own and had to start all over again finding friends with kids to hang out with. Only moved out here a couple of years ago with my current partner after his mum passed away, prior to that we were in Manurewa
Brandon - 05/12/2003

pinkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:31pm
Hey hope everyone had a great xmas and new years. Just wandering if anyone was interested in a catch up???
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:52pm
Hi Amber!

I belong to a group called MotherGood who meet every Monday morning in Onehunga, if you are interested! They have mums with babies around that age, my DS is 4 months old as well!
Care View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 4:38am
anyone would like to meet me one day i live in central auckland
 Post Reply Post Reply