FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 113>
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:51pm
Chelle we have been talking babies names too Is anyone wanting a particular gender? I would be stoked to have a wee boy! Though of course happy with a girl too!

Thanks Tarns

Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:55pm
Yes, we've been talking names too. As for gender....with 2 boys already, a little girl would be cool but I am totally happy with another boy.....at least I am working out how they tick and know how to change their nappies..its weird that girls should freak me out, having all those parts myself..but it just seems foreign. LOL

We have the girls name that we had for both our boys....not sure if we will use it. But have NO IDEA what to use for boys. Archibald is a BIG family name on DHs side . I dont mind Archie (quite like it) but I dont like shortened names that arent originally a bigger name IYKWIM and I couldnt call a child Archibald.
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:13pm
Names- not yet and probably not for months. It was hard enough with DD and took 8 days after her birth to name her (I was in a bit of shock following the traumatic birth).

We don't mind the flavour either- I'm pretty happy with either.

I like Archie a lot
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:18pm
Archie is our favourite boys name a the moment (Archer) and Addison (Addie) for a girl :)

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:46pm
We'd quite like a little girl, but a brother for Cooper would be nice too.

I love the name Addison too but DH said no as it's like I'm using all the names from Private Practice haha (plus me BF's daughter is Charlotte - also in PP).

We kept our names secret last time so will again. I've got 4 friends already having babies before me this year, so hopefully they don't steal our name!!
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 10:17pm
Ooh I love names, I'm thinking Jonothan or Raphael (Rafe) for a boy, and lots (see name thread) for girls.

As for which is preferred, I wouldn't mind having a boy for variety but a girl would be good in that you know what to expect at nappy changes lol. I'm really pretty unbiased atm.

Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 10:56pm
Congrats on the wedding Bex! And hope Lexie had a wonderful first birthday. Are you planning on going away for a honeymoon, with or without Lexie?

I really have no preference for gender, some days I think it would be nice to have a boy and girl, other days that Campbell might prefer a brother! I'm with you, Nikki, on the nappy changes, I'm used to boy parts too!
I've been thinking of names for ages, but I know DH won't be interested in talking about it yet, so its just been in my mind so far. There's a couple we thought of for Campbell we might still use, but we'll see. I love Brooke for a girl, but one of DH's cousins is named Brooke, so probably won't use it.

No birthing plans yet, I really have no idea what I'll do. Campbell was born in Dunedin, but we moved to Ohakune about 3 months ago. According to other mums I've met here, there's only 2 midwives here, they work together and have a 4 day on, 4 day off duty roster. It works out that they can't travel with you to Wanganui Hospital to birth if that's what you choose to do, so you're left to the mercy of whoever is available in the hospital. Doesn't sound all that great to me! I'm thinking if the pregnancy is easy, I might try a home birth, but Campbell was a forceps birth after a long 2nd stage, so I'm a bit uneasy about that option too! So I'll wait and see how things go, and what the midwife suggests.

No more nausea today, thankfully! Hopefully it holds off for awhile for all of us!
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:05am
For us a boy or girl would be cool but I do like the idea of a little girl.

We've definitely got a names list going - being all new to this we couldn't help it!

We both have good Scottish heritage So we tend to lean that way we've noticed. For a boy we have (so far) Caelen, Logan, Tegan ... For a girl Mackenzie, Kaitlyn, Kinsey.... And the list will grow I'm sure though we are really keen on those as they go with middle names which have already been determined (parents names - Robert & Katherine)

On a different note - is Insomnia a symptom of pregnancy? And if so does it settle down for a short while? I used to be a great sleeper but past 10 days I've had a lot of broken sleep

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:26am
Miss Freckle- I am suffering from insomnia this time around too. I don't remember it from my first pregnancy but am finding it hard to get to sleep (takes over an hour at night) and am waking ridiculously early!

One of the ladies from my Feb 09 thread is pregnant again and had quite bad insomnia for the first trimester and a few have spoken about it. Itt doesn't make sense when you are dead tired

Congrats on the wedding Bex- sounds like you have been very busy!
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 7:58am
congrats on the wedding Bex and the first birthday party for lexie, what an awesome way to start 2011 and with the pregnancy!

Its been taking me ages to go to sleep too and im up early DH and DS are still asleep and I could be too but Im up even though Im so tired

we havent thought of baby names yet, I would really like a girl and have a feeling its a girl (probably cause I really would like one LOL!) but if its a boy then it will be good for Jayden and we are all set up for a boy so either way it will be all good. We found out Jaydens sex at 13 weeks last time and pretty much decided on his name then! so a bit behind this time, may have to start looking at names, hard to agree sometimes though

hows everyone feeling?

Ive noticed my usual healthy diet has been a bit more unhealthy lately but its hard when you go out and you cant eat yummy salads or any cabinet food anymore....do others find it hard to eat out?
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:46am
Ha ha Kye....having two preschoolers makes it hard to eat out. But good friends came round for lunch yesterday and brought cold meats and soft cheeses from the deli for our lunch. I made do with lettuce, tomato and normal cheese rolls.

I cant believe I am already getting up 3-4 times to pee in the night!!! SEriously!!! And even though I am totally knackered I struggle to get back to sleep after those wake ups. Thankfully DH has been letting me sleep in the last couple of days so I havent had to get up till 8am!!! Luxury! But that will all end tomorrow. so I guess I need to start making sure I get to bed early. DS2 wakes about 6am most days.....not suprising since its daylight at about 5am.

Yay for the wedding LExiesmum.   I got married at 37weeks with my first so you have definitely chosen a slightly better stage

I need to get on to organising a party for my nearly 2 yr old We have talked about it but apparently people dont get invited by themselves.....hmmmmf. Guess I better send out some emails.

Have a nice day ladies....may the MS stay away.
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:00pm

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all well? 

Congratulations Bex, and nice to "meet" you

Hmm, names, we've already got a list of names which we like and have pretty much narrowed it down to the last two for either sex.  We kept our sons name secret even tho we knew his sex, this time we're not finding out (well I'm not, DH will stay back and ask) so the name will wait until birth    I'm hoping for pink this time, but would still be very happy if we get blue as DS will have a playmate who he can rough & tackle with and we have everything.  But I'd still think a girl would be nice and would complete our family. 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one suffering insomnia!  The last few nights I've just stared at the ceiling for nearly an hour, so annoying as I'm totally tired.  But I seem to be able to stay up later.  Last time I was so tired that I would be in bed asleep at 7.30pm until my alarm would go off for work.  I'm not working this time so I guess I have time to relax when DS goes down. 

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:19pm
YAY! Got an appointment with a MW next week. She seems great! Very happy to do shared care with an OB and recommends I birth in Dunedin which is just what I want. And she will come to my house so I dont have to let everyone at work know straight away. AND I get a dating scan! Wahoo!
mrsmoomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 2:35pm
Hi Ladies!!

Help please - about to book in my midwife, I have a big list from my doctor so I am just going to point and ring one haha.

What do I ask them to find out if they are suitable? Or do I just ask to book them in??

I would love to give birth outside of the hospital, maybe at a birthing unit (NOT at home though), do all midwives offer this option or do I need to find a birth center and go with their midwives??

Confused.
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 2:59pm
When I found my mw last time I met with her and we discussed what type of care she offered and what I wanted. I got a good feeling from her and signed up.

This list might be a good place to start- when in doubt its often good to go with someone who has been recommended by someone else

Recommend your midwife
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:16pm
Awww so many BFP's!!!

Congrats to you all!!! Im SLIGHTLY jelly
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:06pm
Thanks Sheza

Man Im tired tonight roll on bedtime!

Im so annoyed at myself! I got a shock of the electric fence today! Im not too worried as I did the same thing when I was pregnant with Jayden and I remember the ob saying it wasnt a worry unless it had thrown me off my feet or knocked my unconcious etc - still very annoyed at myself! that was probably the last time I gave myself a shock when I was pregnant with Jayden!

Mrsmoomoo you could post a topic in the pregnancy thread with people that recommend midwifes in your area

yay for a dating scan nzpiper!
[/url]
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:11pm
I'm feeling good today, don't even feel pregnant! Extremely hot here though, didn't feel like moving much this afternoon!

Mrsmoomoo, make sure when you choose a midwife, you 'click' with her and that you feel comfortable with her. That's one of the most important things, I reckon, its a scary and unknown time when you're going to have your first baby!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:57am
Morning ladies! I so need to see a doctor today. I have the worst case of thrush I have ever had. It is so bad that I am raw down there...even without scratching which I so want to do..sorry TMI. But I got the fright of my life yesterday when I went to the toilet, wiped and found the very tiniest trace of blood. Havent had any since and REALLY hoping it was from being so bloody raw and the toilet paper we have at the moment is Purex which I find VERY rough. But it gave me the willies alright as thats how my MC started last time. So fingers crossed nothing else happens.

I dont know what I can use. I have some cream left over and most of Dr Google said it was safe to use, especially if I only want to use it externally....which was my priority last night but then the odd thing says not recommended in first tri. So I used yoghurt.....icky!   

The crazy thing is....before kids I NEVER got thrush. Since my second I have been getting it every couple of months....hormone related I think. The GP gave me this gel to use to acidify things and recommended probiotics but of course as soon as it clears up I dont bother with the preventative. BUT....planning to TTC, I used all that stuff and was taking probiotics etc....so NOT FAIR!!!!

Well, that was a nice breakfast topic sorry.
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:05am

*lurker*

I recommend 'Micreme-H' for external relief. Think it has a steroid in it and works WAY better than canesten and all that crap. Sorry no idea if you're meant to use it during pregnancy or not, but thought I would suggest it anyway!

TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 113>