FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 289>
Author
Kimmyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 6:35pm
Nope, no flack at all, no looks, no nothing and Kaylee always has awesome weight gains (usually 350g a week) so they are happy with that. If she did say anything, i would be all like "um its my choice" I FF DS aswell and some plunket nurse for both kids. Some people are like that. Yes i get the whole thing breast is best but i look at kaylee and i ciouldn't be prouder of how she is developing! if people have an issue with a FF baby, then shame on them. Kaylee is developing the same, if not better than some BF babies. And as for bonding pfft! I have a great bond with Kaylee, as does DP, which i think is great.
Sponsored Links

yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 6:51pm
We had the last session with the midwife today. It was kinda upsetting. Onto Plunket next week. My midwife did advise me to ignore their advice if it didn't suit. She's had some problems with Plunket advising things that we contary to what she had set up with her mothers. She's not sure how often they update their research and study...... She said there's good Plunket nurses and not so good ones and just to remember it is only advice, you don't have to do what they say.....
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 9:44am
Do you ladies manage to use wraps / front packs / carriers? I can't get LAra to settle in our moby or Manduca but as she doesn't settle anywhere else I am totally stuck. I don't get why she won't be carried as I've heard that all babies are suppose to love it. She seems like a 3 month old, not a 7 month old...so alert and opinionated. She is not at all newborn like. I am at my wits end.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Shortymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 3:32pm
I have Mason in the front pack to take the dogs for a walk in the evening once DS1 is asleep, it takes him a bit to become settled in it though but once I get going we fine.

Had first plunket visit today and Mason now weighs 5.07kg (11lbs 3oz), he has managed to put on 300g in 6 days, super happy with his progress my wee piglet he is.
With Plunket I find I just tell them what they want to hear or not the entire truth. Im doing whats best for my baby the best way I can which is not always the way they like....

As for nights Mason usually settles about 9pm (I wrap him at night). We get a long stretch of sleep about 4 hours then up feeding and change then back down for about 2-3 hours. Am usually up for an hour. Last couple of days he has now been settling back to bed to do a further 2-3 hours, unfortunately DS1 is up by then which is between 6 and 7 so I cant head back to bed as he wont allow me too I tried but got given my dressing gown and told to get up lol

Last midwife appointment next week little bit upsetting but Im sure they will see me again haha

It is another month before Im due back at work but am really considering just staying at home.

Hope all is well with everyone
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 7:21pm
Sounds a lot like us Lildude. DD1 drags me out of bed before DD2 in the mornings too. And our sleep is nearly as good as yours overnight.

Fiona, I find one problem with baby wearing is that a baby held against your chest really picks up on your stress, so the more agsty you get about her going to sleep, the less likely it is. I've noticed if i put her in there specifically to get her to sleep it takes ages, but if I put her in there cos I'm busy and need my hands free she nods off easier. What carry do you use in the moby? I find hug hold better than cradle, and I'll often hold the moby over her face/eyes (she can still breathe!) to obscure her view so she gets bored and that speeds up the sleep, especially when she's over tired. I hope you get a break soon
Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 8:38pm
Harry loves the front pack, my sister in law gave it to me and is the only way I managed to shift house! He was in it most of the time when both packing and unpacking. If he is overtired and won't settle it seems to take 1km of walking to get him to sleep, so usually try to walk 2km to get a decent wee sleep before I take him out.
I am lucky though cos he is a milk coma boy and after that I can feed him and generally he will go to sleep. I actually managed a whole day shopping in Queenstown my sister had him in the front pack and we had two 2 and a 1/2 hour stints shopping with a feed in the middle.
We had a rough week last week with a family funeral and him being passed around but seem to be getting back into routine today after a few days at home, we are lucky he is such an adaptable wee boy, can't believe how much has happened since he was born, he had special Nana hugs today which is pretty important for Nana now.
I am lucky my work has offered me one day a week from the start of the new school year and I have had my maternity leave extended till the start of the 2013 school year so have plenty of time to make decisions.
Take care everyone, hope you are getting lots of smiles from your wee bundles!
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 9:18pm
Thanks for the tips girls. Because Lara doesn't seem able to stay asleep in her bed at nap time (quite seriously..no one and no technique can get that kid to get into a deep sleep) I want to start wearing her more to avoid her getting overtired. It's just tricky when I need to go somewhere as she is always awake in the car so gets overtired pretty quick. I'm keen to keep getting out and about, esp for the benefit of my 2 year old so I need to work at getting Lara happy with the wrap or Manduca. I just find it is hard to get up and down or bend as she wakes if I do anything like that.

I managed to get her to take a 2 hour nap in bed with me at midday and a 1 hour nap in the manduca this afternoon. I will be interested to see how she goes tonight. Since getting SO overtired each day she's been doing a 7 to 8 hour stretch at night from exhaustion. A huge change from feeding every 2 hours as she was doing a week ago. Since she is not so tired tonight I wonder if she will still do a long stretch..? We will see! I also think she may have had a wee virus so it could be now she is rested and well she goes back to frequent night fees. I certainly hope not
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:44pm
I have an Ergo and I am still getting used to it because I didn't get one for Luke. I found that at first I was nervous about having her in it but once I started to relax a bit and just get on with what I had to do then she also relaxed and settled. I think maybe you could just try putting her in your wrap whenever you can and if she starts fussing then just try to keep on going with what you're doing and ignore her a little and maybe she will start to settle a bit more.

Off to a 30th tonight so have been expressing a bit during the day today as kids are going to my parents. A little nervous as Mikayla is still getting used to the bottle but hopefully everything will be fine.

Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 2:33pm
Good luck luv2dance, hope you have a great night out. We are off to a wedding next weekend so have been busy expressing so Mum and Dad can look after the wee man. Just wish we didn't have the seven hour drive argghh!
luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:32pm
7 hour drive icky! Where is the wedding?

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:38pm
I havent tried nico in front pack yet. most of the time, when out n bout I use p&t pram/cocoon or clik it wheels/capsule. I always try and time (where possible) our outings to co-inside with his nap time, so A: I dont have to get my boobs out at random places and B: so he has less disturbed sleep. Might take the front pack camping thou, might be handy!

have a great night luv2dance
Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 3:51pm
Wedding in Te Anau! Should be pretty I guess, just need to find something to wear, shopping in Timas this week I guess and when you need something desperately you can never find it! The pre preggy dress I wore to weddings doesn't accomodate whopping huge boobs!!!
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 4:40pm
I am getting a Oyako ring sling from a friend this week, hoping it will be easier to use than the Moby wrap/Sleepy wrap that we've been using - so hard to get on & to get baby into! She doesn't see to get comfy in it.. anyone experienced with ring slings?
luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 1:17pm
lol Harvis I tried to put on a pre preggy dress the other day and it would not even fit over my boobs at all hehehe, had to get DH to help me take it off too

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 2:43pm
boob / clothing issues here too! its such a mission to get dressed in mornings! just went to warehouse and savemart couldnt find anything!!! WAA!!
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 6:04pm
Haha totally get the boob clothing thing too
yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 7:35pm
Had the breast clothing issue before I got pregnant, now its even worse with the extra increase in size....
Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 4:10pm
Woohoo, found a dress, now to do the packing! Am scared I will forget something vital. Might have to use the drier so we have planty of clothes.
spgettie68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spgettie68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 7:28am
Ha clothing...if it didn't look awful and would not be OK to go out in I would just wear pj's all the time. We are so happy...2 good nights of sleeping from Mr Luca, YIPPEE. Hoping it continues!
Harvis have a fab time at the wedding.
yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:06am
Got through the 6 week jabs without too much fuss yesterday. Anthony cried while getting them done, but was happy to feed afterwards and went to sleep. Was a little unsettled during the afternoon but had some naps, so that was all good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 289>