FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133>
Author
Halley_comet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halley_comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 5:09pm
Summer and butterflies sounds like a great theme. I've decided that we are also going to have a very merry unbirthday for her on the 9th December. Might just have it as a family dinner but Alice in wonderland(disney cartoon version) theme. Might draw a little bit of that influence in for her real birthday.

Solids is a really interesting thing to see when babies are ready, we weren't expecting her to be ready this early. I'm nowhere near ready to start weaning her yet though, still enjoying BFing, so still keeping on with the demand feeding but once a day will give her a top up with some solids, really just to get her taste buds familiar with different tastes and textures. We have found she really loves the Only Organic Banana and Apple. I have made up some homemade stuff but don't think I have it smooth enough so going to wait till she is a little bigger to try her on that.

We just had a great day of gardening. It's been on the cards for ages but the weather and timing hasn't been great for my IL's to come over to help. But they were free today, so out they cam with the trailer and the mulcher, We completely hacked(I mean "pruned" )back a bunch of trees along the fence to let a lot more light in and to tidy them up, and also almost completely got rid of the Oliander(sp?) since it is poisonous and Lexie is making her way towards crawling pretty soon and my nephew Lucas is almost at the walking unsupported stage, we don't really want it in the garden.
But we now have a lovely thick layer of mulch under the trees and they took away all the trimmings from the pomegranate tree(which if anyone would like to know has horrid spikes on it). Now all we need to do is finish getting rid of the cabbage tree leaves and we will have a lovely backyard again.
It did make today interesting though cause we did so much work and it felt a lot later than what it was, got to love daylight savings.
Sponsored Links

HuMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:42pm
I'm on the countdown to going back to work. TIme is flying with this baby.

Tanithe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanithe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:03pm
Hi guys just thought I would drop in and let you know that I am FINALLY pregnant again. After months and months of let downs I got a positive test last week. Have done antenatal bloods and everything. Unfortunately I have an infection again which is what caused my pre-term labour with Olympus so hopefully we have caught it early enough that it won't cause any problems this time. Hope all your babies are well and that you are enjoying it...I'm due December 8th this time so only 20days earlier than I was due with Olympus :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halley_comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 4:05pm
Yay Congratulations Tanithe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it all goes well for you :-)
Katie27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:23am
Great news Tanithe, congratulations on the pregnancy. I will lurk in the december 2012 thread now.

raz_1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz_1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:35am
Huge congrats Tanithe!!!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:39am
OMGosh Tanithe!! I have tears for you :D Big huge congrats!! I hope this time around goes a lot smoother for you

+1 May 09 Angel
raz_1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz_1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:32pm
5 month Plunket check up today...5 months?!?! Where did that go??? Miss Payton is doing very well, very proud of how she's going
6.18kg, 42.5cm head and 64cm long but very happy...but definitely a lot of hard work as she's definitely a Mummy's girl!!!
Moving up to Whangarei in July so currently trying to pack our house up into storage containers for 6 months. Not easy by myself while DH is working away from home AND with Payton but we will get there. Have until the end of the month which will no doubt come too fast!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halley_comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:56am
Yay for Payton!
We had ours last Wed, Lexie 61cm, 6.97kg and HC 41.
Our nurse was impressed with the 2 teeth and how well she is hitting milestones. Next appointment not till she is 10 months!!!! So a while to wait, She'll definitely be crawling by then, she isn't quite there yet, she doesn't mind being on her tummy but doesn't quite get her knees under her yet, but hey she isn't doing to bad and she'll get there, I have a feeling she just wants to learn to walk and by pass the crawling stage.

My little sister had her baby last Wed too, which was super exciting, gorgeous little girl, who is only 7cm shorter than Lexie!!! poor thing has really dry skin though, I have given my sister the made for baby massage oil and botty cream, too see if that helps but does anyone else have any good ideas on what will work? Hoping for something on the more natural side of things, I worry it might develop into eczema or similar so don't want anything that might aggravate it.

LeeG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 6:06pm
you can just use olive oil on babies dry skin
raz_1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz_1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 7:54am
Or almond oil, we use it in every bath and sometimes on her skin if needed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halley_comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:28pm
My sister was round today with the little one Skin is looking heaps better, and feels heaps better. She has been using a mix of the cream and oil. Such a little sweetie, she slept on me for about 45mins. Lexie looked a little confused when I had Mila and my sister was holding her.... We had done a swapsie lol. I had to laugh today, when all through her pregnancy she had said bubs was going to be in a bassinet in another room, even when I said she will have the bassinet right next to her bed, well little one wont sleep in the bassinet at night only during the day so they have her in bed with them and everyone gets a good nights sleep lol And here she was giving me funny looks when I say Lexie sleeps in with us.

Someone has started drooling again so were thinking she might be getting some more teeth through, and you can kind of see a whiteness to her upper gum, so we will see, might still take a couple of weeks to get close to cutting. Not looking forward to it, she has only just learnt not to bite with the 2 she already has.
How is everyone else going on the teeth side of things? I think Lexie is crazy early, but maybe she isn't?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halley_comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:10am
Hi Ladies.
Not sure who is on here and not on our FB page so will post here too, Leixe is up for baby of the day today. Could you all vote for her please

I may be biased but I do believe she is the cutest We took the photo in Jan when she had just started doing big smiles and getting close to giggling. This photo was taken with her being silly with my mum and I happened to pop a wet wipe(water wipes) on her head, she thought it was really funny. I don't think we had laughed so much in ages.

So please please vote for her

Thank you
raz_1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz_1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 3:44pm
Where has the time gone, my baby has all grown up!

Hehe yes, Miss Payton is 6 months old today! I woke at 4:39 this morning, 1 minute before she was born and because I couldn't fall back asleep I decided to go through all her baby photos...seriously, where did my little baby go! She's rolling like a pro, started solids in the last week, chatting up a storn to anyone who will listen, trying to break down the doorframe in her Jolly Jumper and breaking hearts left, right and centre!!!

So since the last post we have now left our house and settled into my parents until the big move to Whangarei which I think we've settled on the 8th July as the date. Is there anyone on here who lives in (or near!) Whangarei? I've got all DH's friends, but majority of them are males and none of them have kids, or even partners for that matter lol. Will have to find some baby groups to join, hoping to get into swimming with Payton she's such a water baby!

skylar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2012 at 3:55pm
Yay congratulations Tanithe!!! fingers crossed xox
AMummysLife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMummysLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:05pm
Awesome news Tanithe! Congrats!
Miss Monkey - 12/12/2007
Master Monster - 06/12/2011
Miss Mouse - 22/03/2013
Angel baby - 09/2010

raz_1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz_1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 10:24pm
Hello all lovely ladies! I can't believe that in a week we'll be celebrating the first of the 1st birthdays!!!

How is everyone getting on with their growing bundles?

akb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 10:19am
I agree, thinking about first birthdays already! Time is flying!

I was looking forward to becoming a mum and had wanted it for a long time. But I'm enjoying it and my girl even more than I thought I would. Everyone tells you how quick babies grow. I have really tried to take it all in, and truly appreciate every stage but I still look back at the newborn photos and think...whoa, is that wee bundle really my little girl?? The days seem to blur very easily. Yep, she'll be borrowing the car before I know it!

Hope all the other December mums are doing well.
Me35 DH40
2010 CPPx8 cycles-BFN
Feb 11 lap surgery for Stage 3 endo
Dec 11 welcomed DD
July 12 started TTC #2
June 13 angel baby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halley_comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 10:42am
It just so exciting how much they have changed. I'm getting very excited for Lexie's birthday. Strangely enough I'm looking forward to her talking, mainly so I can know why she is crying lol
kashmir_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashmir_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:19pm
Im so useles on this fourm thing LOL..
Well Matthew is doing very well.. he is also very huge (11.5kg and 77cm at 9m/o is now almost 11m/o)
Well a couple of weeks ago he decided he no longer wanted to be breast feed so is mainly on formula with the odd breastfeed.. we found out a few days ago that we are expecting #2 due in july (explaind the stop in breast feeding from matthew!)
Hope all is well with every one elses babies :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133>