FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs it normal for toddler girls to grind t

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it normal for toddler girls to grind t
    Posted: 03 July 2011 at 2:42pm
My 2yr old daughter occasionally grinds her vagina against different things, sometimes a ride-on toy, on the floor, her car seat belt buckle, edge of a chair, anything with a hard surface & even rubs/pats with her hands when she can. We have ruled out the possibility of it being a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) & she has no questionable discharge. When we notice this we check her nappy/knickers to see if maybe she is experiencing some irritation from urine or a bowel movement yet she is always dry & there appears to be nothing in her vagina. Does anybody know why she is doing this? Is this normal?

Sorry odd question but i am not sure if i should be worried or if its just her exploring her body. She will often fall a sleep in this position. I have spoken to a couple of doctors about it but neither of them really helped. One said that it was odd behaviour and the other said some kids masterbate.

Help....

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Sponsored Links

gooseychew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gooseychew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 3:13pm
lol, that's so completely normal! Some are just far more into it than others. My mum is a kindy teacher and says lots of them are still doing it at 4. DD loves getting her fingers down there and i've had to explain to DH that it's like boys playing with their bits. Try not to give them a complex about it but teach them it's a private thing. She hasn't started the grinding yet but i'm sure it will come, i know one little girl who liked to rub her blanket back and forth.

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 8:47pm
yea i would not worry about it! i heard of a girl just like that and she use to sit in her carseat and constantly rub agaisnt the middle part , id say shes just exploring her body and well hey it might feel good which is why she keeps doing it , only thing i can suggest is maybe as she gets older explain that thats the sort of thing we do alone in our bedroom lol .
notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 8:12am
it is totally normal behaviour it feels good to them and as they have no sense of personal space or privacy they just do it. i have two DD's miss 3 still to this day has never even really payed any attention to her 'bits' but miss 16 months thinks they are awesome and her hands go there as soon as she has her nappy off and in the bath especially.

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 3:16pm
One of my twins does it all the time. Plus two of my sisters daughters did it as toddlers as well. They just discover one day that it feels good and they don't understand that they shouldn't in public lol. If Hazel does it I just tell her that if she wants to do that to go to her room and that it's not nice to do it in front of other people.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by lisa85 lisa85 wrote:

One of my twins does it all the time. Plus two of my sisters daughters did it as toddlers as well. They just discover one day that it feels good and they don't understand that they shouldn't in public lol. If Hazel does it I just tell her that if she wants to do that to go to her room and that it's not nice to do it in front of other people.

That's what I say/do with DD.

She does this too and has been doing it for the last couple of months. My mum said it's innocent and I know it is. But yeah, soon as that nappy is off her hands are glued.
 Post Reply Post Reply