FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScrapbooking- where to start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SammyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SammyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrapbooking- where to start
    Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:36am
Hi there

I've seen a few friend's scrapbooks on FB and am feeling very inspired to start my own :). I had a quick google search on where to start- can anyone give me any recommendations on what they did when they were first starting out- supplies, inspirations, books etc. I'd prefer a hard copy over digital scrapbook at this stage. TIA!!
Sponsored Links

ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:04pm
Heya hun, I did a creative memories page at one of their lil parties, there is prob a rep in your area...that got me into it and its suprisingly easy, you get better at placement and layout overtime or if u want to save Time and have the dough u can by pre laid out pages where you just insert the pic and embellish a lil...

I have a huge bag of embellishment stickers etc from the warehouse, TM sellers, $2 shops etc and most of my papers are bulk blocks from the warehouse or singles from spotlight :-) once u do it its addictive!

Edited to add some towns have scrapbook days where you go and scrap but you can use all the fancy tools and buy supplies for a small fee some scrapbooking stores run cheap classes too

Edited by ALittleLoopy

CHEM 6/12+
mollyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 9:46pm
Hi, im really keen on my scrapbooking, i have just collected stuff over the years, now i hav a wardrobe full! where are you in Auckland? There is a good scrapbooking shop in howick that do great classes
minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 11:08am
I dabble in a wee bit of scrapbooking, but not really into the stickers and such. I'm a bit more of a less is more person.
Most of my supplies come from Spotlight, The Warehouse or Warehouse Stationary.
Mostly I just use coloured/patterned paper and photos.

Also I'd say if you see some cute paper or something but don't know what you'd use it for - buy it anyway! When ever I'm specifially looking for something I can never find anything I like!
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 8:56pm

I am into scrapbooking although I haven't done anything in a long time might try and get some done over the holidays. I chose what topic I wanted to do like pregnancy pics, birth, first birthday etc and chose papers, stickers, cardstock to match the theme. Warehouse Stationery have got a few paper packs with everything in there and there is a really good scrapbook place called NZ Scrapbook in Wairau Park good place to go and check it out they have so much stuff in there or you can order stuff online.

MadWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 9:35pm
I love scrapbooking and have quite a few (my past horses, Cabbage Patch Kids and now for our son). I have recently become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (and there are demonstrators all over NZ which you can find through the Stampin' Up! website), so I get most of my papers and stamps through that. However, I have boxes of papers and stickers that I have picked up from the various places that others have already mentioned. However, when buying from places that sell eveerything, make sure that the papers, card and stickers all say that they are "acid and lignin free" so that they don't age.
leks82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leks82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 5:01pm
If you don't have the time/motivation to create fancy layouts you could try something along the lines of Project Life by Becky Higgins: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/. It's kind of expensive to buy her kits but I think you could probably create your own title and journaling cards without too much effort. Having said that I do have a set of her cards and that just makes things so much easier for someone like me with so little time, I love how I can just pop in a few pictures and cards and I'm done. I also like the fact that when I do have time and am feeling creative I still have the option to throw in a regular page protector and do something fancy.
Honey.....B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey.....B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 11:31pm
I use to be a paper scrapper but now I do digital scrapbooking and get my layouts made into books.
There are tons of free digital scrapbooking supplies and tutorials online :)
SammyA - Ih you like, post a photo or link to one and I'll do a page for you :) Just let me know what page size you want.
There's nothing like a RAK (Random Act of Kindness)
 Post Reply Post Reply